Old 04-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #1  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Default Can you switch CODs once you've joined?

Hi - Newbie here! I am just beginning my 5th day of the program - I am really pleased with our results (my dh joined with me!) I'm down 3.8lbs and really thrilled about how easy it is and how much I enjoy doing it (very surprised!)
Question, though: our COD is kind of ... interesting... our question is this: Once we've joined (we only joined the 8 wks program but plan on bumping up in a couple of weeks - we'll need more than 8 wks to accomplish our goals!) can you SWITCH to another COD? Or do you have to stick with the one you originially signed up with?

Thank you in advance for any light shed on this subject! Cathy
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome.. Encourage your hubby to post here as well.. There's only three of us roosters around here (I think) at the moment, so there's plenty of room..

While it's good to stay consistant with one location, there's no restrictions on where you can go to do WI or get advice..

My wife and I belong to a COD in Albuquerque, but I do my weekday WI's at the store in Santa Fe, near my office.

When traveling, you can visit any COD that might be handy.. I've been to the shop in Colorado Springs a couple of times...

Just make sure that when you visit another store, they call or fax your new WI results to your home office..

If you plan to switch all together, it's probably a bit more tricky, especially if you bought the lites... If you did, and paid for them at the time of sign up, you can't transfer that to another store. So even if you switch shops, you'll still have to pick up your lites at the place where you originally bought them...

Did that make sense?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  
Becca on LAWL

Default Thank you!

Thanks for answering my post, Dan.

I will try and get my dh to post, but I am just thrilled right now that he's doing the program with me!

We DID buy the LA Lites from the COD - BUT only for the 8 week program we've originally signed up for (we didn't want to do more on the very first day in case it was a program that didn't/we couldn't work for us) -

But part of the problem with the COD is that they are COMPLETELY out of LA Lite bars...and that is worrisome to us, as we do realize they're an integral part of the program AND we've PAID for them in adavance - It is concerning that we might not be able to get what we've paid for!

So the subject came up last night that we REALLY like the LAWL program and it is working for us...but maybe this COD is not the right one for us.

Our COD is a "franchise" vs. a "corporate" - do you know if this makes any difference?

Thanks again - C.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

I'm not completely clear on the differences, although I know some of them have different kinds of lites.. .

A word about the shipments... If your store is out, chances are another store across town is probably out too...

See if you counselors will let you substitute something in the mean time.. There's also things like the soups or the drink mixes that can be substituted for the bars...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #5  
Becca on LAWL

Any recommendations on the soups or the drinks? I'm more of a "bar" girl, being in the car with my kids doing carpools for a good part of the day -
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I like to use the soup sometimes in recipes. just like you would use cream of mushroom or chicken in a recipe, like put it over a chicken breast and bake it. use it as gravy on some potato, etc
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Honestly.. The creamy chicken soup is about the only alternative I can handle.. We tried the drink mixes and I frankly found them awful.. But I'm sure there are some here who don't mind them... I'm a big "consistancy" person so if I don't like the consistancy of a type of food, I can't eat or drink it..
Old 04-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

i cant get the drinks smooth either, not my favorite
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #9  
Kris

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/180

Height: 5'8"

I technically switched COD's after the first two or three weeks. I live in Wichita, KS and we have two centers. However, when I joined they told me I could weigh in at either center as I live on the west side of town and I work on the east. After having a run in with a naive, obnoxious counselor - I decided to change to the east side as it really was much more convenient for me. I have had no problems - my lites transferred without any issues and all the records were just shipped over. I believe Wichita is a franchise operation but they operate very similar to corporate stores from what I have been told. Again, they reminded me that if I need to weigh in somewhere else (west side or if I am travelling) there would be no problem. I would just talk to someone at the center and clarify how it works for them.

Good luck!
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #10  
Becca on LAWL

Hey, Kansas -
Thank you so much! I ended up running into the District Manager yesterday and asked her how hard it would be to switch CODs...she said not hard at all. So I guess the answer to the question is: determine if that is truly what you want to do; and if you do, then just ASK!
Thank you - Glad to see you are doing so well!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

That's very cool that they transferred your lites to the other shop.. I had no idea they could do that.. and perhaps my COD doesn't either.. Hmmmmmm
Old 04-08-2007, 05:12 AM   #12  
Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchinchick View Post
Any recommendations on the soups or the drinks? I'm more of a "bar" girl, being in the car with my kids doing carpools for a good part of the day -
Im not a big fan of the bars. I get the vanilla shake mix and add 12 strawberries to it and blend it all up.... it makes an awesome smoothie... it then counts as a Lite and a fruit. You can always an 4oz of juice and make it two fruits.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote