Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 11:35 AM   #1  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Beach Bound Bikini Babes #2

Hello! We're a group of beautiful babes getting an early start on the beach bodies we've always wanted! We all have places we're planning (or hoping) to visit this summer and want to look our best in our bathing suits and sun dresses by eating healthy and exercising daily. As a team, the Beach Bound Bikini Babes encourage healthy weight loss with a positive, supportive energy. We weigh in every Thursday to keep ourselves accountable...

...So Come on and Join us!!
Old 02-20-2002, 12:19 PM   #2  
Determined to succeed.

Default Hmmm..

I hope you all found your way over here! Come on and post, even if it's a one liner. We want to get ourselves on the mailing list so we can be notified of updates.

Well ladies, I did pretty good yesterday (if I do say so myself)... I've started counting WW points again. I had 11 points left for dinner, and we had to eat out since we had no time, so I had a 6" Subway Club (no cheese, no mayo... 5 points) and for dessert 3/4 of a McDonald's (low-fat yogurt) cone (3 points!)... Actually, I had intended to eat the entire cone seeing as I still had a couple of points to go, but just when I was about to eat the cone (my favorite part) it FELL.. Argh. It was the best part of my day and I had to drop it!! Oh well, I drank half of my husband's Starbucks Frappuccino and that finished my night. I went the next 3 or 4 hours without eating because I wanted to sleep on an empty stomach. That way my body can't store the fat, but burns it up instead.

Anyway, now that I've bored you all to death... Has anyone been keeping up with the show "24"????? All I have to say is "WOAH..." The show is SO INTENSE!! It's called "24" because the entire series takes place in one day, from 12 Midnight to 12 Midnight, and there are 24 one-hour episodes. So, in other words, if you watch the show for thirty minutes, a half an hour has passed in the lives of the characters. It's too cool, I can't handle it.

If you're interested, go to www.victoriassecret.com and take a look at the swim suits and pick your favorites. It's a great motivator for me. I'm liking the colorful tankinis.. I want to show my belly button, dammit. I will be Belly Button Babe!!! There are also some very cute dresses on the site. (Who knew Victoria wears more than just underwear??)

Alright, enough babbling. Have a great day!!]

~Gracie
Old 02-20-2002, 02:39 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking I want to wear a belly button bikini!!

Hi Gracenote. I'm following your lead....do you really think its possible?...to dare to wear.....a....b-b-ikini?? I do so want to believe its possible. My only concern is life-after the kids thing. Lets just say....I'm a little hanging loose.(if you know what I mean...LOL) But I am also on ww's, and finding it very easy to follow. I have no idea why I didn't try it before, but since my move to the states - I'm making the time and effort. My leader told us about a product....(not so new, but first time she tried it) and its the "oscar myer" already cooked bacon. A little pricie but hey....3 pc of bacon for only 2 pts. Mind you the slices are very thin, but its 100% bacon and tastes GREAT!!! It microwaves for 20 sec and with a egg beaters makes for a delisciuos meal. Hope all is well with you.....British Columbia ...eh? well you sure picked a nice spot to live with your new hubby. How was your first "married valentines"?...Good to see your post. tc
Old 02-20-2002, 03:13 PM   #4  
Determined to succeed.

Default Angel-eyes!!!!!!!

Hey buddy!! I miss ya.. and OF COURSE I think it's possible to wear a bikini!! (Say it Angel, BIKINI... It rolls off your tongue so nicely...) I've seen some nasty women wearing bikinis and I think that if I get to my goal weight by eating right, exercising, and weight training... gosh darnit... and maybe with a little tanning to hide the stretch marks, I could wear a bikini if I wanted to. Only thing I'm concerned about... dh said that I wouldn't look great in a bikini because I have a big chest. So I'm leaning towards a tankini... Plus they're a bit more modest, but not as modest as wearing a one piece (which I've worn all my life, and I'm tired of). I also wanted a naval ring but dh thinks they're gross. Wouldn't want him to think my tummy's gross!

So Angel are you gonna jump on the Beach Bound Bikini Babes Bandwagon??? I'm sure the girls here would just love you, as I do!

Take care,
Gracie
Old 02-20-2002, 03:32 PM   #5  
Beach Bound Babe

Smile Hey gals!

Doing well...hope you are too! I am actually going to walk tonight! I am actually wanting to go! I am ready to do it! I am going to strap on my new sweats...and hoof it down the road!

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk with ya on Thursday!

Trace
Old 02-20-2002, 05:39 PM   #6  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down

Hello Ladies! Hope you are all having a great day!
Grace, thanks for finally making an executive decision and moving us. Glad to read your chatter! My husband, bless his little heart, is such a pervert! He loves that belly button ring...big boobs in bikinis type stuff. I would love to say that I'll get to that point one day body wise, but age wise I think I'll have to pass. He is already talking about the lingeree that I have stored away.

Well, I will check back later...phone call.

Boating
Old 02-20-2002, 09:04 PM   #7  

Talking

I.I...I'm Baaack!!Hey, no fair...no one posted in between my last chat! Oh well, I'm feeling talkative....poor you guys.
I take it that Angel and Grace already know each other. Nice to meet you Angel.
Trace, way to be committed to that excercise! I finally went back to aerobics tonight after five days of being horribly full of snot and goo. (Sounds attractive, huh?) Felt good to get moving again. I am so addicted to that Emergency Workout! I even had three year old doing it with me. She's got the moves like her mama! Boogie queen! Tee Hee!!!
Went to a conference today where they actually served an optional vegetarian platter, which consisted of fresh veggies, low-fat chips, and pickles. Pretty good stuff! My hubby has made a half-a--ed committment to losing a little middle too so cooking at home has become a little easier, too. Now, if the pounds would just cooperate and melt off like they are supposed to, it would be soooo easy!
Hey, there are some other good swimsuit sites. Swimshop swimwear has some different suits in all shapes and sizes. I'll have to check out the Victoria's Secret.
Well, chickie's...three year old calls! Have a great night! Bunny, if you read this you have to write....I miss you!!!
Wisconsin, hope you have a safe trip!

Boatingmommy
Old 02-21-2002, 09:56 AM   #8  

Smile

And the Scale says.....(imagine drumroll) 179.0 pounds. That is 2.5 pounds gone since the 7th of February. I'll take it...and more as soon as possible!
Just thought I'd weigh in. Gotta go to work!

Boating
Old 02-21-2002, 11:06 AM   #9  
soon to be goddess

Talking EXCELLENT!!!

Good for you Boatingmommy!!!.......yahoo!!! GOTTA LOVE THOSE DRUMROLLS!!!

I'm having a great day too, don't think I'll step on those dreaded scales yet. I have my weighin on Sat morning, and I'd hate to jinx anything. Not that I'm superstitous, but if I'm up; I'll be more likely to go off of plan and say "whats the use" I feel like I'm down though....so keep your fingers crossed.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:40 AM   #10  
Determined to succeed.

Default It's Weigh In Thursday!

WOOHOO BOATING MOMMY!!!! 2.5 pounds is awesome!!

As for me, I have 2 good excuses for not losing any weight this week: The first is due to that nasty time of month that has just begun today (I normally gain anywhere from 3 to 6 pounds), and the second reason is that I lifted weights earlier this week. I'm hoping that next week will be a little different!

So, Angel eyes, I've been creating a chart for weekly weight losses on Fridays.. Would you like me to write what you lost last Saturday??

To the rest of you, Can't wait to hear about your losses!!!!

~Gracie
Old 02-21-2002, 12:56 PM   #11  

Wink Swim suit site

Well I was surfing looking for a decent 2 piece that I could wear by late July. After looking and looking.looking I found one! It shows a Lime green picture but it comes in black as well! ITs not cheap either, actually the top I think is about $49 and the bottom $29 ? But IM WORTH IT and hubby willpay for it! lol Below is the link to the picture of a Bikini I'l be willing to wear. When Iwas down to my goal weight I was 36 C so I think this will look ok. I'm a hispanic lady with booty and hips so I never liked a 2 piece. But I know I deserve it! lol Anyway today I went for my hour brisk walk...while pushing a stroller with my 5 yr old in it! Because she threw up this morning, no fever or other symptoms I decided that fresh air was ok for her.. I had no idea that pushing a stroller and walking briskly was SO HARD lol. But I did it , with every step I said to myself ME! ME! ME! . Because I am doing this for ME, and ME got me this big and only ME can lose it! When we got home my 5 yr old says " Mommy your pants are all wet!" I have a hard time of sweating alot,I drink my 8 glasses of water a day too. I had dark brown denim capri's on, whenI looked in the mirror I was all wet. I know GROSS lol but I bet I burned more calories pushing that stroller today ! Also my little girl weighs about 40 lbs
That is the amount of weight I have left to lose!
Well I'll stick to weighing my self toSundays. I have 2 more days to walk and eat right. After just getting over my monthly curse I hope I am not bloated ! I dont feel I am so let's see what the scale says.
till then!
Gen
Old 02-21-2002, 09:33 PM   #12  

Hi all,

Sounds like everyone is having a great week.

Well I didn't think I had lost anything so was very, very happy
when I got on the scales this morning and was down1 1/2 lbs
this week. Will keep up the good work. Gives me motivation
to make it threw the week end. Is going to be very busy with
2 family birthday celebrations. Should do ok if I just plan ahead.

Hope everyone is as lucky as I was.

Catch up with you soon!!

Canoes
Old 02-21-2002, 09:36 PM   #13  

Thumbs down

Gennel...All I can say is WWWOOOOWWWW!!!That is one heck of a swim suit! What a great visual motivator that is. Go for it! Are you thinking of the lime green or the black. If you are hispanic, you can probably pull of the lime with your skin color. I, on the other hand, am pasty white woman. I do get a tan in the summer being out on our boat every weekend, but I never get what you would call dark. My body just doesn't do it. I don't burn either...I just don't get that tan. You might consider it more of a conglomeration of freckles that eventually meet to create an illusion of tanness.

Well, I was hope to hear from a few more people today. I hope that some of our beloved group haven't given up. I do love the company so much!

Today was good...both eating and excercizing. Was on the road all day, but had a McDonald's salad shaker (whatever bozo decided putting a salad in a cup, instead of a container you can eat out of....needs to be shot!(please disregard statement if any of you are advertising executives who came up with the idea )). Had a Subway club sans the fat for dinner. Not to bad for fast food.

Well, the chair and tv are calling my name...Pleasant dreams to all!
Boating
Old 02-21-2002, 10:36 PM   #14  
Determined to succeed.

Bunny... Where are you?????? The founder of our group!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2002, 10:36 PM   #15  
soon to be goddess

Talking now thats an eye-full!!!

Wow....Gennell...thats a fantastic bikini!! I love it in the lime green, and maybe....one day,...(wishfull thinking) that I could wiggle into something like that. Does it come with instructions on how to get into it?...lol

Boatingmommy- Are those salad shakers at McDonalds good? I havent tried those yet since moving to NC. What I usually ordered in Canada, was a salad rollup. A foccacia tortilla wrap with lettuce,fresh veggies and cheese inside. Deliscious!!

Well today was just a glorious day.....lots of sunshine and absolutely beautiful outside. It was so nice to sit outside and read. Since moving to NC, I now have the opportunity of staying home with my children. Thats the plus side, is spending more time with them....the down side is that the fridge often calls my name all day. I can't get used to that.....so I've been really watching that, and if I need a snack I try to let it be a 0-1 pt snack or a piece of fruit. WW's is a really easy program to follow and hopefully I will do well on my weighin on Saturday. Last week was terrible as I went out for dinner Friday night. My points allowed me quite alot of leeway, but I think the sodium just did me in!! Hope everyone is having a great week so far....TGIF..YEAH!!
Closed Thread