Old 04-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default Food of the week: beverages

I know.. we aren't supposed to drink our calories.. but sometimes we must.

So what do you drink?

how many calories does it have?

do you watch caffine?

what temp do you have it at?

do you have any recipes? (ie. smoothies)

do you drink alcohol?

Gulp gulp... let's drink!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I drink too much cherry coke zero.... maybe one a day.. sometimes none! I also drink a lot of crystal light. I buy the no name brand b/c of cost. I also drink room temp bottled water.

I also love very low calorie hot chocolate.. with added calicum... only 25 calories per serving... filling and yummy chocolate.

I would love to make a smoothie.. but I'm afraid it's such a waste of calories.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

So what do you drink?
Water and unsweetened iced tea (herbal, black, green, white). Sometimes I drink some seltzer water with a splash of pure cranberry juice or lemon juice.

None for the water and iced tea. The seltzer/juice has a few calories but not much.

do you watch caffine?
Kind of. I tend to be a bit more liberal with caffeine during the day but I do try to mix in herbal iced tea as well as drink herbal iced tea at night.

Preferably cold or cool

Not other than the seltzer with a splash of juice.

do you drink alcohol?

no/rarely
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I have been into flavored teas with a packet of Splenda as a way to feel like I'm having a treat without the calories. Plus, the warm liquid fills my tummy when I need something, but don't have something to spare.

My current favorite is Bigelow's Vanilla Caramel tea. I also like Celestial Seasons Blueberry and Lipton's Vanilla Caramel Truffle. But the next time you're in the grocery store, take a minute or two to really look at all the flavors of tea (beyond earl gray or green tea), and you will be surprised at all of the yummy flavors.

Smoothie recipe: 1/2c plain, nonfat yogurt (Try Stonyfield Farm - it's worth the extra cost), 1/2c skim milk, 1 packet of Splenda and 1/2c crushed or 3/4c fresh pineapple. Or 3/4c frozen blueberries, but the pineapple is really yummy and refreshing.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/270s/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm trying hard to give up my Diet Coke. Haven't had it in a while.

So my other drinks of choice would be:
Coffee, with creamer: total of 45 calories. I'll only have that during the day, for obvious reasons. My binging occurs at night only and I definitely don't want to be up at that time. :P
Have it hot, of course.
No recipe, either.
And I don't drink any alcohol. I dunno why, come to think of it. I tried a green apple Smirnoff a year ago, my first alcoholic beverage. It was nice, actually. But I can either take it or leave it. Haven't had alcohol since.

Am I the only person who actually LIKED beer the first time they had it?
Dawn2Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

This is my big stumbling block. I am addicted to fizzy drinks. Pepsi, diet Coke, Cherry Coke Zero, Fresca. I'll drink almost any carbonated soda. And, unfortunately, that seems to be the majority of what I drink. I do not drink nearly enough plain water. However, this is also something I am working on. I am trying to limit my cans of soda to one a day - usually with supper.
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #7  

Water, water, and more water! I'm pretty boring that way - I've always liked cold water and drink at least 2L most days. In addition to that, I usually have a cup of Tazo chai, and sometimes cranberry or blueberry juice with sparkling, er...water :P to make a sort-of spritzer.

I don't worry about caffeine, because other than a bit in the tea I really don't take it in. I do like my drinks COLD, with the exception of my evening chai.

I don't typically drink alcohol - on occasion, I'll have a glass of wine or a cocktail when I'm out to dinner, but rarely and never more than one. Alcohol makes my cheeks go really red and I get headaches if I have more than one drink.

Not much in the way of recipes - even if I make a smoothie, I tend to just wing it and add a little of this and a bit of that. I CAN tell you that frozen strawberries, frozen banana, orange juice and vanilla yogurt make a great one!
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/267/150

Height: 5'7"

So what do you drink?
I drink mostly water. I do love unsweet iced tea, and sometimes put a little Crystal light lemonade mix in it. I also am on a partially liquid diet, so I drink protien shakes. I also like my diet coke and diet sunkist.

None for the water and iced tea. The shakes have about 100 each.

do you watch caffine?
I try to. I avoid it after about 5pm. In the morning I sometimes add some coffee into my shake.

Water is very cool or cold. I do like hot tea, but depends on my mood. Shakes are usually hot, but sometimes cold.

Vanilla shake mix (like slimfast) with diet sunkist! Yummmo!

do you drink alcohol?
Occasionally... and its usually vodka with diet tonic and lime.
reds ohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

Water, water and more darn water! Seems like that's all I drink. I have to play a game to get enough water in. Nothing else to drink until I have had 64 oz of water. Occasionally I have a caffeine free diet Pepsi. I have tried crystal light, but I am finding I have a lot of problems with splenda. Mostly it gives me the jitters and a very anxious feeling. Maybe it's a good thing. I'd probably be a crystal lite junkie or something!!!

My very favorite once every couple of week treats right now is from a local coffee shop. I get a decaf latte with skim milk and sugar free hazelnut syrup. Oh yum! It's thick, rich and tastes like a really naughty dessert! Love it!
Shellyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, good topic.
I gave up pop, all kinds of pop, even the sugar free. I used to love Pepsi! But I've never liked the diet pop. It seemed to make me feel nervous or light headed. Not sure why, but it must be the sweetener. I don't worry too much about caffeine, just yet. I made myself stop drinking coffee in the afternoon, just so I could get my water intake up to where it should be. But, when I drink coffee, I just have it black. I don't like creamer or sweetener. So for now, I drink coffee pretty much all morning and then drink water in the afternoon (about 64 oz). I also have a glass of 2% milk with dinner. I know that it has calories and fat, but I also think it is important to drink some milk each day.

As for alcohol, I think I used up my allotment when I was in college. I still like to have a beer on the weekend... but just one.
Dawn2Dusk: I LOVE beer!!!! Always have!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I drink only water for the most part. NO soda or anything like that at all. I have 2 cups of black coffee in the mornings and a cup of hot green tea in the evenings (no sweetners at all) I like my water room temperature. If we are out eating, I will have it with ice and lemon. I eat foods with calcium in them and take a calcuim supplement 2X a day now too. Occasionally I will have a smoothie for breakfast - soy protein, water, berries and 1/2 of a banana.

No alcohol here either.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

so what do you drink?
water, green tea

zero

do you watch caffine?
not really

water-cold, tea-hot

no

do you drink alcohol?
no
NWGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I drink only water until dinner time when I have a diet soda. For the soda, it used to be strictly Coke Zero for me, but I've now switched to diet ginger ale. I didn't do this for weight loss purposes; rather, I read an article about how the phosphoric acid in colas (both diet and regular) can lead to lower density bones (i.e., osteoporosis). Light-colored sodas use a different acid, so the diet ginger ale does not contain phosphoric acid.

Caffeine doesn't seem to affect me--maybe because the only caffeine I get is from my 1-2 cans of diet soda a day. I don't drink any coffee or tea because I just don't like either.

If I'm getting bored with plain water, I'll add about 1/2 cup of pure cranberry juice (no ingredients other than cranberry juice and ascorbic acid, not from concentrate) to my 1 liter bottle of water. I don't like things like Crystal Light because it's not a strong enough flavor for me (this from the girl who used to buy the canisters of Country Time lemonade mix and add so much her lemonade was practically crunchy ).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #14  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

So what do you drink?

(1) water - 80%, (2) diet soda - 10% (3) tea - green, herbal, etc. I drink water almost exclusively, except for the occasional diet soda and a cup of tea at night.

How many calories does it have?

zero

Do you watch caffine?

Sometimes. I love coffee, but I try to limit my intake to 1 cup per day. I sometimes drink green tea in the morning, but stick to herbal tea at night.

What temp do you have it at?

I drink water & sodas cold, but not ice-cold. I prefer my tea warm, not piping hot.

Do you have any recipes? (ie. smoothies)
Yes, I LOVE drinking iced herbal teas. Just brew 3-4 herbal teabags in a pitcher for an hour. Then remove bags and chill tea in the fridge overnight. It's very refreshing, plus NO sugar.

Do you drink alcohol?
Once in while. Usually with friends or at a social function. I
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #15  

o what do you drink?
WATER mostly but 1 cup coffee w/ ff half and half and 1 diet coke per day

coffee i think about 40 due to the 1/2 n 1/2

do you watch caffine?
not really

water-cold, coffee hot, diet coke on ice...it goes further!

YES...just tried this and I LOVE it...6 oz club soda, 1-2 oz reallime juice, packet of splenda or equal...tastes a bit like a gin and tonic...no gin!

do you drink alcohol?
I desperately miss my nightly 1-2 glasses of red wine! But SB phase 1 strictly prohibits so I don't now!
cpagir41 is offline   Reply With Quote