Old 03-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/230/150

Height: 5'6

Default How much do you work out a week and what do you work out IN?

Im trying to find something to work out in that wont make me look horrible.. so.. im slowing working into working out and April first im really going to kick this thing into gear...
so any ideas?
southernleftylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/270s/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi!

Well, I've started doing the "Walk Away The Pounds" video at least five days a week. I'm starting off with a mile and plan to add in a mile every month, for a total of 4 miles per day. The total 4 miles takes approximately an hour to complete.

Once I've got walking down and my weight reduced considerably, I plan to run. :P
Dawn2Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've been working out at home so....

I usually wear a sports bra and shorts. I get hot.

If I was going to the gym, I'd wear wide/straight legged exercise pants with a tshirt.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #4  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I do something every day. If the weather is nice, I walk at least 3 miles, up to as much as 5 miles. Depends on how my time management has been that day! If it's icky outside, or if it ends up being 10:00 pm or so before I can get started, then I work out at home. I do about 40 minutes on the ellipical machine, followed with 15-20 minutes with small free weights. Occassionally I'll throw in a walk away the pounds video if I just want to do something different....I've never been considered the most coordinated creature, though, so I only do those if I'm home alone!

I have several pairs of adidas shorts that fit me well and are very comfortable. Whether working out at home or walking I tend to wear those with a snug fitting tank and my sneakers. If it's cool outside I'll start out with a hooded sweatshirt jacket over the top that I can shedd as I start to get sweaty.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

I workout at home or I'll walk outside. Occasionally I'll go to the fitness center here in my complex. I always wear pants and a t-shirt.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #6  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I work out an hour (more on the weekend) per day. And I wear some stretchy pants I found somewhere (they're almost on their last legs!) that are cropped right below the knees and t-shirts.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Twice a week I do water aerobics and I wear (you guessed it!) a swimsuit. Lately I have been trying to walk the dog, so I just wear comfy clothes. My goal is to move every day.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:55 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I decided mid journey that I just wasn't moving enough, so I decided that if I was going to eat every day of my life, that I probably should exercise every day as well. So that's what I've been doing for the past few months, and that's what I intend to do from here on in. I switch it up throughout the week. I work out at home and wear yoga pants and a Hanes white t-shirt and sneakers. I'm beginning to get too warm though, so I think I will buy some yoga type capris and maybe just a sports bra.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 AM   #9  

I walk most days - outside in good weather, inside in yucky. I've also started doing the TurboJam 20-minute workout (which is actually fun!) on alternating days. Like Robin, I wear yoga pants....they are so comfy, I wish I could wear them all the time! That and a t-shirt
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 347/332/150

Height: 5ft 7in

i recently started going to the gym 3 days a week for about 45 min each day, plus i walk there and back, so its about an hours worth. and on the days i don't go to the gym i walk a mile on the treadmill and slowly increase my speed each day, i really should start going for 2 miles though. as for clothes, i wear a t-shirt and "comfy" pants...i really dunno what else to call them, they are just black with a white strip on either side, im sure you know what im talking about.
Lee Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/270/230

Height: 5 foot 3

I love rockinrobin's statement; i eat every day so I should exercise every day.
I walk my dog 4 days+ a week and my treadmill 1-2 days a week. I have Carmon Electra's strippercise the one with the personal trainer, it is hard but good and I got from the library The Biggest Looser DVD to try and it is so cool with a 6 week program. When I exercise it's a T-shirt or tank and shorts or sweats.
Inspire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #12  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I do 35 minutes on the treadmill and then about 5 minutes doing scrunches, leg lifts, etc. I just received my Body for Life for Women workout DVD and am looking forward to using that, as I think my body has gotten used to what I have been doing. Time to ramp it up!

I wear (kinda blushing here) just a T-shirt, socks, and Tennis Shoes. If I wear a bra, it starts bugging me when I sweat. Of course, when I start the DVD I'm sure I will wear my sports bra since there is a lot more jumping around with that than I am doing now.

Great thread! I like the ideas here.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/270s/120

Height: 5'1"

Oh, I forgot to mention what I work out in.

Since I work out at home, it's usually whatever I'm wearing at home before tossing it into the laundry when taking a shower after a workout.
Dawn2Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Well, I work out at a gym....When I went back last november at about 240lbs I don't think it mattered what I wore because in my mind I looked terrible in everything. I started slow, 30-40 minutes on the elliptical or the treadmill (at a slow steady pace). There is also a 30 minute circuit room where you alternate between machines and a step which I did once or twice a week. I would always workout in the small room downstairs cause I was too embarrassed to go up to the main floor.Well after I lost the first 20lbs I did what I like to refer to as 'grew a pair' and went to the main floor.

My goal is to get to the gym every day... I go whenever it fits into my schedule on the weekends and weeknights after work...at about 8ish...right now I average about 5 days a week though. I now alternate between the treadmill, elliptical, cybex and stairmill machines and lift weights about 3 times a week. I've run into some friends there now so I've got some workout buddies. In addition to what I do at the gym as the weather gets nicer I will be trying to incorporate more into my days...walking to and from work and around the city to get places instead of taking the T so much, day hikes, more outdoor activity etc.

Generally I wear some sort of pants...they are fairly snug but not tight...just not baggy. They are lightweight stretchy material so that they breathe well and move well. Up top there are some layers that go on....lets just say that I'm rather well endowed and the girls require a good seatbelt. I wear an ultra supportive bra like sports bra and then over that a regular sports bra tank top....for a bit of extra support and also cause I'm still a bit self conscious and having that tight tank top under whatever tshirt i choose to wear gives me a bit of a security feeling that my fat isn't giggling around everywhere. As I tone and lose my tshirts on top are progressively getting less baggy...and i do have to say that the snugger ones are much more comfortable to work out in! If I'm working out at home....I wear whatever is most comfortable cause I live alone and there isn't anyone here to see me. Oh and good quality supportive sneakers too
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I forgot to mention that my goal is to workout every day as well. I think really I need to try to do SOMETHING every day. Also, I try to figure out how to get extra exercise in such as walking.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote