Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #1  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Default Calorie Counters Chat-April 2007

Hi All,
I've never started the monthly thread before but I needed to post
I've been MIA from 3FC for the last few weeks..finals and then travelling for spring break. I went to Italy, didn't count anything, ate too much bread and pasta no vegtebles and hardly any fruit. Needless to say my body was not happy. I thought I gained 5 pounds but in the week i've been back 3 have disappeared. So it's a 2 pound gain but hey I had a good time
Today is April 1st and i'm back to counting calories. No doubt those two extra pounds will be gone soon and hopefully I'll get to losing the rest
Have a good day.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #2  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Default Fiber One?

I just looked at the end of the March chat and Phyllis asked a question I had too. Can you ladies re-share (sorry) your thoughts on Fiber One. I looked it up last night when I read that post and plan on getting some next time I go to the market but I too missed the Fiber one chat and a search of the threads just brought up any post that mentioned fiber. Thanks!
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good April Morning CC's!

I'll begin my new month with a summary. In March I averaged 1565 cals per day. I walk/jogged over 50 kms. And lost just short of four pounds.

As for April, I think I'd like to do that again.

Last edited by srmb60; 04-02-2007 at 08:08 AM. Reason: cuz I apparently don't know what month it is
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #4  

hahah. i like your screenname, nomorefatpants. hahah. that's right! ok, so yeah, I am a fan of Fiber One. It has no sugar, but for some reason it still tastes kinda sweet! I like it with or without milk. It only has like 60 calories too per 1/2 cup. Oh but be careful, I was eating it out of the box during my midterm week -- and I ate like half the bag ... it sent me to the bathroom a bunch of times! Fiber overload! I lost like 3 pounds! Haha! Anyway, I'm not sure what the other people think of it, but I like it! The Fiber One bars are good too
honeyjobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

All this talk about Fiber one I keep forgetting to go buy a box when I'm at the store!! Everytime BEFORE I leave I say to myself must get a box...come home forget...Anyways, I just ordered it from amazon....LOL I keep forgetting while I'm out they have it so I bought it...(I shop for a lot of snacks and groceries there....I'm weird) SO by Wed. I'll have my 4 boxes!!
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

hi, everyone.
just wanted to say that I went out to eat, and stayed on plan. my total for today was OK.

Spent the evening at the emergency room.
Hubby decided to work on my very old tread mill. without turning it off. Goof Ball!
He has 2 broken finger tips, where the machine grabbed his fingers. hurts lots. but not as bad as it sounds.(Thank God!!)
They just look a like he bruised the finger nails. Hope he can go on light duty for a week or 2-3. He will turn it off first next time!

I have to take him to a bone Dr. in the morning, and get my equipment for a 24 hr. Something to do with the possible Apnea.
Hope I have time to work out in the early morning, before the fun starts.

here is my numbers for today.

Total:
Cal: 1466
Fat: 26%
Carbs: 43%
Fiber: 49
Protein: 32%

Hope you all had a great weekend
bed time.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

GrammyL and Anyone interested~ Here is my TVP sloppy joe recipe. I'm not sure how similar it is to Bobbi's, sorry if it's just a repeat!

TVP Sloppy Joes

2 green bell peppers, chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce (3 little cans--I use no salt added)
1 1/2 cups TVP (textured vegetable protein)
2 T Mustard
1 T Chili powder
1/2 t salt
1 T low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 t black pepper
1 t sugar of choice (I use brown--you could probably omit it too.)

In a large covered frying pan, "saute" onions and peppers in water. When mostly cooked, add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cook on medium, for 20 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. When done serve over toast, english muffins, or rice.

Serves 6
per serving: 149 calories, 1 gram of fat, 21 grams of carbs, 7.5 grams of fiber, and 14.5 grams of protein.

We like ours on english muffins. Yummy! Thanks Allison for reminding me how good these are!!!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today 1457

Fat 27%

Fiber 65 grams That's my highest yet! I didn't even have my high fiber cereal this morning either.

Littlered~ Congratulations are doing so well this weekend! Too bad your DH injured himself. I hope he heals quickly!

I hope everyone has a great evening! I'm off to walk the puppy.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #9  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

It was a great weekend! I was a little low in cals today at 1400 (1700 goal), but it all evens out over the week. You all are a good influence...I bought some more Fiber One and some strawberries to top it off.

I also see I am probably getting a lot more fiber than Fitday shows. I just plugged in a wheat bread that matched in calories, instead of putting in my high fiber bread. Anyone else lazy like that with Fitday? I never put in things like slices of tomato and pickle on my sandwich, or mustard.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

Welcome abetterme!!!

Coolmom, I don't bother with Fitday much at all. I did in the beginning, but I eat the same breakfast everyday, so I know the calorie count. I eat one of several lunches everyday, so again I've already worked out the calorie count and my dinners, the same thing. I already know the calorie counts of EVERYTHING that I'm eating is. So I do the math mentally in my brain. Of course when I add a new food to my menu, I look that up. I also don't precisely measure my vegetables. I eat A LOT of veggies in a day. A LOT. I always approximate UP. That's why I always right "about" before I type in my calories for the day.

Having said that, I had a real good weekend. Saturday's calories - about 1100, Sunday's calories - about 1150. Got in a decent amount of exercise as well and was rewarded today on weigh-in day. I am down 4 lbs!!!! to 173.

Have a great day everyone. Healthy and safe.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #11  

WELCOME Abetterme!!!!

rockinrobin: WAY TO GO!!!! I've been soooo stuck at the same weight for a few weeks now!! NOT FUN!! I think though the weight has stayed the same, my body is changing, clothes is fitting better!! but I still want to see the numbers go down!!

Yesterday was about 1100 calories....I woke up SOOOOO hungry this morning. I normally dont even think about food until about 9am but boy my tummy is growling today!!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm having some meandering thoughts about planning today. I think it's a combination of something I posted and something Rockinrobin said ...

I did a little research to see how I'd done last month. From there I picked a calorie number (lower of course) and posted it as my plan for April ... or this week or whatever thread I was in ... like a wish.
"Make it so numba one!"
Now when I go back and check for April it'll be 1501, right?
Uh ... no ... numba one will have to plan the coordinates, methinks. And I'm numba one.

Do you have any idea how many times I've told someone that their plan can't be "I wanna be XYZ by suchandsuchadate"?

I did do a daily planning thread a couple of times last week. It must have been in the back of my mind to be more specific, to actually have a plan. But more often, I kinda let the day be a crapshoot and assessed the damage in the evening.

Today I have to do a kitchen assessment, make a weekly real-life to-do assessment, reread the Body for Life food lists, make a list and get a few groceries. Then I have to query about 5 meals a day of about 250 or 300 cals and actually aim for under 1500 cals per day (insteaded of hoping that my week will divide by seven to make something like 1500 cals).

Now that's a proper plan.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #13  
Lifetime Loser

Hi everyone, well I lost .5 over the week-end and that includes hosting a cocktail party last night!!!! So I am very happy.

Will start my fitday today. But I also eat the almost the same breakfast and lunch everyday so I pretty much know where I am at dinner time. I have to watch the p.m. snacks.

So I guess that eating Fiber one for breakfast, sprinkling it on foods and just snacking on it plain is what some of you are doing, correct. I will try that. I do know from past experience with it if I eat too much I will be going to the bathroom way too much.

Doing my walking DVD today.....Everyone have a great week, Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #14  

Just curious what is your worst time of day for snacking?? I know a lot of people have a problem at late nights....After 6pm-7pm I rarely am hungry and dont ever snack (even when I was heavy) MY HUGE problem is about 1:30pm-3pmish.....Thats the time I'm done with the work I needed to do during the day (I work at home) and I'm taking a little break before the kids get home....thats also the time I find myself the most hungry and if I mess up and eat too much its then!! I purposely try and stay busy around that time so that I dont eat too much....
Old 04-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #15  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
I just got back from giving my sweethearts (hens) their morning treats (cut up Thompsom grapes and raw cabbage) and noticed my daffodils, tulips and crocus are all up. Yipee, spring is really here!
My fiber yesterday was 51 grams.
Welcome back Phyllis, we haven't seen you for a while. I eat Fiber One every way possible EXCEPT WITH MILK. Yuk! But then I don't like milk on any cereal. I sprinkle it on top of foods to add a crunchy texture.
F. One ~ dry (I go thru the whole box and put it all in 1 serving snack zip bags)
Pudding ~ F.One ~ C. Whip
Jello-0 ~ F.One ~ C. Whip
Applesauce ~ F.One ~ C.Whip & cinnamon
Coconut Pie (crustless), sprinkle F.One on top of it for a crunchy up-side-down crust. This is really yummy!
Last night I made Chow Mein and used F. One on top instead of the crispy chow mein noodles. These have 130 calories in 25 gram/5 grams of fat so only DH eats them.
If you make trail mix, you can add it to that too!

Susan... You are so steady, 4 lbs. down again. I'll have to check my stats too, it's good to look back and see what's been accomplished.

Theresa...
Quote:
Hubby decided to work on my very old tread mill. without turning it off. Goof Ball!
He has 2 broken finger tips, where the machine grabbed his fingers. hurts lots. but not as bad as it sounds.(Thank God!!)
Ouch, Ouch, Ouch! And what a sweet helpful hubbie you have. 49 grams of Fiber, great!

Zenor...
Quote:
Fiber 65 grams That's my highest yet! I didn't even have my high fiber cereal this morning either

Awesome! The Apple cranberry Fiber cake you listed in your fitday sounds good, what is it? Calores are low too @ 80.

Betterme

Coolmom...
Quote:
Anyone else lazy like that with Fitday? I never put in things like slices of tomato and pickle on my sandwich, or mustard.
I'm a calorie counting geek and I put everything in. The tomato and pickle not only adds calories but it also records all the important stuff like the RDA%, (vitamins, etc)I also put in my daily vitamins that I take. But I made that easy on Fitday, I put them all under one label. I'm a stay at home person and have the time to record everything. Working moms/wives need to have their priorities in the right order and recording every mouthful would take some serious dedication. If this works for you and you continue to loss, go for it. It's certainly working for Robin.

Speaking of Robin, another great weight loss, 4 pounds!:
Good morning to all that haven't posted lately. I tend to only comment on the day before.

DH is going to be gone for the next 4 or 5 days. He's taking his mom over to Rochester Clinic for some tests so I'll have to do Chickens/Cat/Dog/Wild birds duties. Oh, and "Hungry Jack", he our Fighting Beta fish. We call him hungry jack because he swims up to the top of the tank every time we walk by looking for food. Now he needs to start using portion control!

Later....Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote