Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 AM   #1  

Default Exercise and Positive Thinking

I've been doing the walking now for a month and it has definitely made me feel better not just physically but also mentally.

I was a bit of a shopaholic before, always thinking of what I wanted to get next and obsessing a bit about it.

In fact generally I could get quite low if I'd got nothing to think about or to aim for.

Now with the shopping I don't even think about it. I no longer need that to think about.

Generally in myself I just feel more positive and energised

Anyone else feel similar?
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:17 PM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

I do I do!!! I've been in a depressive funk for about 6 months and even resorted to binge eating and gained back al the weight I had lost plus some. Once I saw that I was determined to get out of my "funk" and start exercising again! I feel SOOOOO much better now. I am more positve and feel happier and joyful and lots more motivated to continue doing this and eating right. I feel like me again. I think I am becoming addicted to exercise and that's prolly a good thing, hehe!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #3  
Token Vulcan

I do, too! It's really shifted my thinking. I don't take walking for granted anymore...or just as the means to go from point a to point b. Even walking 3 blocks to my work, I'm thinking this is my first exercise of the day and I walk with more vigor. I even clip on my pedometer to my pants every morning, I've only forgotten like two times in the last couple of months. When I switch to sweatpants or whatever at night, I clip it on to those. Getting those steps up becomes a little goal in itself every day, like a little contest that I win with myself, no matter if the number of steps says 10,000 or 5,000. I win just by having done what I've done, ya know? And I've been doing the indoor walking, too, which I'm really having fun with. I still have a way to go in terms of losing weight, strengthening my legs, etc., but I like that I can feel good physically and mentally now along the way and not just when I reach my goal.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:01 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Absolutely, exercising be it walking or running (I run) clears the mind and definitely gives you a more positive attitude. I've solved more problems running than anywhere else...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #5  

It's great that we're all feeling the benefits both physically and mentally
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote