Old 03-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #1  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Default Has anyone noticed with measuring proteins...PLEASE READ!

Ok, so on Gold, 1P of chicken, lets say...is 6oz RAW. According to the book, if the meat is already cooked, you can subtract an ounce. Ok, so 6oz raw on fitday is 177 cals, 33 grams protein. 5oz COOKED is 229 calories, 43 grams protein. SO they are NOT the same. Weird..I never measured raw before, always did the subtract an ounce routine, but I decided to check and now I am glad I did.

Question is...what do you guys all do (measure cooked or uncooked) and why the heck would they say its the same thing (6oz raw/subtract an ounce cooked)????
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Default protein

Its all about the fluid say, it was a dry product like flower weigh 5 oz cook it and weigh it again still 5oz,protein has alot og fluid pre cooked water if frozen blood and such,does that help.
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Also, LAWL is not having us count the calories. And Fitday is not an LAWL site. A lot of their information is general in nature. Actual counts can still vary a lot from what the site lists. Even the brand-name stuff. For example, the Morningstar Farms veggie burgers are listed at 140 calories (I think), but the Morningstar box says they have 110. I wouldn't get too hung up on Fitday. It's a great tool and a great guide, but I would rely on your plan book before changing things just because of something you see on the Fitday site.

By the way, I measure my food raw.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I am soooooo hungry today -- ! This is tough! TOM is not good for me and being POP.

By the way, as it's April 1st, is this where we're supposed to post?
BobbySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to go and totally agree with the all mighty Cassi.

Kelli, one of the reasons I chose to do LAWL was that every time I attempt to count either calories and/or points I end up a total disaster. Also, I used fit day for about 3 days and found it was driving me crazy with needing to know every little nutrional detail of anything that went into my mouth. To have an ounce less of chicken have 100 more calories and 10 more grams of protein makes no sense to me.

Interestingly enough, I actually had a session with the COD manager I rarely see on Friday. When going over my eating challenges for this weekend. (Trust me, I worked the opening day of the Macy's Flower Show--we don't get salary, we get extra personal hours and fed all day as compensation) she said that even though it's been 39 years since she 140 pounds, she still has to be a fanatic about her exchanges. It's too the point that she sees bread as her ultimate trigger and still won't eat it. Most importantly, she made the point that exchanges are around to make life easier--counting calories drives most people insane.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote