Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 11:21 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking St. Pat's Poundage Pledge Party

Name courtesy of Angel-Eyes, who was the first to post on St. V's Day. I am on day one of a new streak, having eaten my way through a 12-hour car trip yesterday for yet another job interview.

My St. Pat's goal is the same 10 pounds from where I started on the 10th (e.g., "10 From The 10th). As always (I feel like the guy on the tape on Mission Impossible when I say this), I don't post my weight, but do post pounds lost or gained. I imagine I've gained this week, but c'est la vie!

My "streak" program is to eat a weekly average of between 1500-2000 calories, splurge days allowed! I exercise twice a day, but rest days are allowed! See ... I can't lose on this program (unless it be pounds).

I'm going to try to spend less time on the internet and more time exercising, too!

Congratulations to all who met their goals during the season just passed!

Top o' the mornin' ... we are LOSERS! Or MAINTAINERS! Ain't it great?
Old 02-14-2002, 12:45 PM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking Personal Poundage Pledge!!!

Hey there.....tOP O' THE MORNIN TO YOU!!! Well here I am ready and eager for my personal poundage pledge. I started mid-cycle to the St. V day thread and never really put forth a pledge. I really wasn't sure what ww's had in mind for me or if I could really stay within the guidelines. Now that I'm a seasoned ww..(after 3 glorious weeks!!) ....I will committ to a goal of or should I say.... A LOSS OF....(LETS BE POSTIVIE!!) of 8 lbs.

So I here by committ to the following:

1. Continue to journal and follow the ww's program.
2. Continue to drink and love the benefits of water and what it does for my body.
3. Start to incorporate excercise into my daily routine. This girl is got to "move and shake" things up abit.
4.Remain positive and see the "up" side and the virtues of my weight loss journey. This is a better me!!

I'm glad to be a part of this group, thanks for all your support!!
Old 02-14-2002, 09:41 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Default Part II of I

Ending my eating day at 1700 calories, with a.m. exercise of 20 jogwalking minutes. Need to do weights in a bit, slow and heavy as my usual jumpy circuit training sounds too tiring.

Angel-Eyes: Top o' the evening! Your plan sounds sensible and fun, especially the moving and shaking. You should have no trouble kissing eight pounds good-bye by March 15. Better than kissing the Blarney Stone, eh? I am glad you are a part of the group, too!

To All: Begorah! Have a wonderful evening.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:02 PM   #4  
Happy Member

Default St. Pat's Day, here we come!!!

I'm still streaking to somewhere, now to St. Pat's Day.

My pledge to myself: continue to eat a balanced diet, continue to drink that water, continue to exercise regularly, continue to watch those carbs, and continue to keep myself in a happy, positive frame of mind.

Each day gives us the opportunity to restart ourselves. Isn't that great!!!
Old 02-15-2002, 10:24 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 2, Woo-Hoo!

Ending with 1640 calories, exercise consisted of 100 minutes of jogwalking broken up throughout the day, with 70 minutes done in the a.m.

JoJo2: Hello! Congratulations on your continued dedication to maintaining your healthy lifestyle.

All: Have a great weekend!
Old 02-16-2002, 07:19 AM   #6  

Hello all!

Wow, I'm reading some great goals & pledges, ladies...way to go!!!

I weighed in yesterday am & lost 1 pound...HOORAY!!! I managed to meet the goal I set for St. V's day...that makes me feel good!

My pledge for St. Pats day...hmmm...gotta think for a second...it's 4 weeks away, right? Ok... My goal is 9 more pounds gone by then... If I work hard I know I can do it...

Can't wait till tonight, I'm going out with my best friend from NC who I haven't seen in 2 years...it's gonna be fun!

Allrighty ladies I'm outta here...have a great weekend...keep those posts coming...your support helps me keep going!

Staci
268/249/130??
Old 02-16-2002, 07:38 AM   #7  
We can do this..and will!

Talking Going for 11 in your patty's day pledge

Hey kids....Just want to know that I am joining your lucky group of lovely losers....and I am going to ditto exactly what Angel eyes said....We both started WW at the same time and if she can do it....well leapin' leprechauns, SO CAN I....so count me in and have a great week end!!! Love ya, Joanie
Old 02-16-2002, 08:36 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Talking Whee, It's Day 3 For Me

Ending with 1840 calories; exercise this a.m. was a 90-minute hike; Pilates later, just 10 minutes or so, as I have a bad headache. It is somewhat hot here and I'm feeling the desire for ice cream already!

Well, leapin' leprechauns, Joanie, hello, and top o'the morning to Joshie's Mommy, too!

So the Little Leapin' Leprechauns (I love that phrase, Joanie) commit to St. Patrick's Day streaks and poundage goals of:

Angel-Eyes: 8 down
JoJoJo2: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy: 9 down
Joanie: 11 down!!!
Crone: 10 down

Anyone else?

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-17-2002 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-17-2002, 12:20 AM   #9  

Talking I'm in for 11

Hey Crone....wise woman....I am actually going to go for 11...so if you feel it necessary, you can edit the above total...when I said I was ditto angel , I meant for her thoughts/ ideas...sorry I was unclear....Have a good rest of the weekend....run from the icecream or try skinny cows ....hope the headache disappears...Love you, Jh
Old 02-17-2002, 01:20 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Talking Day 4 & More

Leapin' Leprechauns, Joanie! You are going for 11 pounds by St. Pat's Party Day?! So, the poundage goals of the five Lovely Leprechaun Lasses read thusly:

Crone: 10 down, 9 to go

As you will no doubt NOTICE above: I lost a pound this week. At my slow losing rate and with the long horrible trip I took this week for a job interview, punctuated by long hours of eating evil stuff in the car, that's not bad. I've been really careful the past two days and somehow reached all of my exercise goals despite a desire to lie on couch and watch the Olympics, feeling smug that I do not have to live in SNOW!!!

On to Day 5!
Old 02-17-2002, 08:50 PM   #11  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking a lovely lassie is it?

Hi Ladies. I've been lyeing low lately, due to a pretty disappointing weighin on Saturday. But I'm back on plan now, and part of my problem was that even though I had the banked points for a dinner out.....my weigh in was early the next day. I think next time we have a "night of mexican" it will definitely NOT BE THE NIGHT BEFORE WEIGHIN!!! I was very good with calculating my pts etc, and still had a great time. This was the first time since moving here that dh and I went out. I'm sooo looking forward to being a "lovely leprechaun lassie" that I even want other people to be green with envy!!!....LOL Here's to our success!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 01:29 AM   #12  
One day at a time

Hi everyone

I was lost in cyberspace for a few days but want to join your st. pats day challenge. I'm gonna go for 10lbs. I dropped another 3.5lbs. this week too leave me at 199lbs. I'm so psyched up being below 200.

sheila
Old 02-18-2002, 07:02 AM   #13  

Talking Go go Sheila

Excellent job girlfriend.....One-derland as we used to call it, I believe....I can't "weight" to get back there! Congratulations.

Angel....don't be discouraged....just keep doing the great job you are doing....next week that old scale will be moving by leaps and bounds....some weeks are like that!!!!

Have a great day y'all....

Crone...I am an Olympic junkie....I was so glad to see the Canadian figure skaters get their just award....Jojojo you must be so proud!!!!

Love you....jh
Old 02-18-2002, 12:20 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Default Day One, One More Time

Top o' the mid-morning to all Lovely Lithe Leprechaun Lasses!

Starting a new streak as yesterday's splurge day ran up to 2780, which is better than last week's high of 3008 (I was traveling and stressed, now I'm home and stressed). Exercise yesterday was 20 minutes of aerobics a.m., 10 minutes of pilates p.m.

Today, Old Dog and I jogwalked for an hour, although I had to keep stopping because she's a wimpy exerciser. Next time, she stays home. She agrees.

Sheila: Glad you dropped out of the cybervoid and into "Onderland" ... congratulations on your 3.5 pound loss.

Joanie: I loved the double gold ceremony, too. Both the Canadians and Russians showed such maturity and sportsmanlike conduct. Ditto the very young American skater "Apollo", who behaved so graciously after basically being shoved out of a gold medal (at least it looked to me as though he were shoved, but I am not the judge).

Does JoJoJo live in Canada?

Angel-Eyes: Here's to our success indeed! Those night before the weigh-ins are sometimes a problem for me, too. I occasionally compensate by waiting an extra hour in the a.m. before getting on the scale. It's important to my weight maintenance, though, to get on every single Sunday, but I don't place undue importance to a pound or so.

Let me know when the following needs updating:

Crone: 10 down, 9 to go
Sheila: 10 down

Esto perpetua!
Old 02-18-2002, 03:48 PM   #15  
Happy Member

Default JoJo lives in Wyoming -

I think Joanie got me mixed up with someone else. I live in Wyoming, which is still part of the USA. I don't think we have been annexed by Canada, but then maybe I have missed something -

I am on a five day streak of healthy eating, which amounts to a good streak for me. I'm not even really trying to lose more weight, I am pretty content with where I am now.

It seems to be a question of consistency, doesn't it? When we concentrate, we do well. But if we don't concentrate, things don't go as well as we would like. We all knowwhat we should be doing, but at times it is darn difficult toachieve perfection. After all, we are all only human.

So let's all do what we know we should be doing as together we forge ahead to St. Pat's Day.
Closed Thread