Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 01:20 PM   #1  
cow with the double chin

Wink Bovine Beauties

Hello Cows. Everyone enjoying their weekend? I'm going to. I am very tired but feeling reaalllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well. This first week of work went better than I could hope for.

I even had a valentine!!!! LOL The friend who works in the office showed up with a valentine balloon, valentine card and birthday card. She even took me out to lunch. She told everyone she was my valentine date. I love my chicks.

The place we went to lunch at is right across the street. I am so lost in that area I didn't even know we were right on the river!!! LOL So there are a bunch of restaurants sitting with glass walls so you can see the boats and such go by. Nicely priced, so I know where I will be spending a couple of days a week.

Wabby, I actually did save. It wasn't any of this buy one get one half off stuff. The Penney's near me has these clearance racks where they put all of their old stuff. The longer it stays, the lower the price. I bought stuff that was 75% off the regular price. I pick out the clothes I like when they are on the regular racks, and every month or so I go and see if any of it has gone to clearance.

BTW cows.........I ask DS everyday how school went. He says fine. That's it. I ask..... what do you have for homework? He shows me his hand where he has written it.

Have a great weekend cows!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 05:52 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Wink where is everyone?

Hi Muffers! Can't leave you sitting here all alone, can we? People must get a life on the weekend or something. Your new job sounds great! Any good looking lawyers of the male persuasion there or only chicks? How's the Punkin? Kids around here have been dropping like flies (no, not dead, just sick) with all sorts of awful viruses and infections. Yuk.

I registered ds5 for school today (they go right into grade one from pre school). My baby is growing up - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

After a bit of a tussle with doctors and pharmacies, I'm getting my new thyroid meds this afternoon so by next week I should be a new woman instead of feeling like I'm 80. Might even lose weight, but I doubt it. I'll be happy if this brain fog clears.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:33 PM   #3  

Default Bad weekend, horrible monday

We had to go to DH's uncle's funeral saturday. I had a nasty migraine the whole day. On sunday one of our horses came up lame. This will require a huge vet bill. The worst of it is that our Dotty dog was hit by a car this morning. The vet says she looks worse than she is, which is a good thing because she looks pretty bad. She has a big gash in her chest, and her sinus bone is broken. Keep your fingers crossed for her, she's our baby. I've definitely had better weekends.

Muffie, sounds like the job is perfectly perfect for you. All that hard work is paying off.

Sugar, if you find drugs that clear the head, please send me some asap.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:06 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Goodness

What a miserable weekend, Wab. So sorry to hear about the uncle. And the horse. And the dog. Hope she recovers well.

My DH's uncle also died Friday. Actually more of an uncle-in-law (second dh of aunt), but much beloved by the whole family (the very huge whole family) partly because he was just a nice guy, but also because he took the aunt away from an ugly abusive situation and treated her like a queen. The wierd thing about this is that they are not having anything at all -- no funeral, no memorial service, no nothing, not even a notice in the paper. I don't understand it, they weren't destitute or anything, and if they needed help with it, there are dozens of family members ready and willing. I think it's a mistake--how does someone begin to get over a death if you hardly even acknowledge it? Not to mention all the people who won't even know about it.

Sugar baby going to school? My goodness! They do insist on growing up, don't they?

DD is on vacation this week. Tomorrow she's going to a ski resort to spend the rest of the week with a friend, skiing. I will miss her! What on earth will I do with myself!

Kiwi
Old 02-18-2002, 01:46 PM   #5  
cow with the double chin

Unhappy oh geez

((((((Wabby)))))) and (((((((Kiwi )))))))))))
Old 02-18-2002, 08:10 PM   #6  
The magic shrinking cow

Hugs to Wabby and Kiwi!
Old 02-19-2002, 03:57 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Unhappy you poor things!

I'm so sorry, Wabby and Kiwi! Hope this week will be better for you.

Hi Cherry! How are you feeling? I keep meaning to e mail you, but with this brain fog........
Old 02-19-2002, 07:26 AM   #8  
cow with the double chin

Default anyone heard of this book before?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...999729-3610545

Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2002, 12:10 PM   #9  

Default Nope, haven't read it

It sounds like an interesting book, though. I think you should read it and give us a book report, Muffie.

Dotty doggie is going to be ok. She looks horrible, but she will eventually mend. I feel responsible for this. Our property is all fenced in field fencing, but the dogs can still escape down the long driveway, or by slipping under the pasture fence to our neighbors property. We keep them in a kennel when we are away from home, but sometimes when we let them outside to do their duty they will take off chasing a racoon or eek! , a skunk. We've got to figure out how to keep them contained.

My ex sil called yesterday and wants us to organize an alcoholism intervention for my bil. He spends his life on a barstool and he is a diabetic who shouldn't drink at all. I don't want to. I'm just plain old tired. I'm feeling like I can't save the world and some of these ppl are just going to have to save themselves. Isn't that cold?

Has anyone read "A Fine Balance"?

Sugar what's happening with your messie lawyer friend?

ps Muffie, check half.com, that book is available in paperback for $3 plus shipping.

Last edited by Wabby; 02-19-2002 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:45 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Talking just checkin' in!

Hi!

Wabby, the 4 year old was right. Lawyer friend and her husband are splitting up and she's taking the 3 kids and moving back to where they came from. House is already sold and they're leaving March 30. Thank you sooooo much! But hey, it's her life and I think she's doing the right thing. No animosity between them or anything - it's just not working any more. How sad. Glad your doggy is getting better!

Went to Wal-Mart today and bought dh's favourite - baked beans. Unfortunately he insists on pronouncing baked beans the same way you would pronounce *naked* beans. Those foreigners!

I think the new meds are working some. Hope I can sleep.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:40 PM   #11  

Default Domestic unrest

Sorry about the friend, Sugar, I know messie friends in Germany are hard to come by.

I don't have a thing to say. My DS and DD are in a big argument concerning the gf from h*ll. Also involved is an annoying friend of DD's that overstayed her welcome (she's been at my house every day for the last 3 days, from morning until about 10 pm) I just want everyone to move out and give me some peace. I'd also like the fil to move out of our mobile home that we have on our property for him. He hasn't been following the rules concerning excess cars. He has 4 cars. I think he needs to sell 3 of them. It looks like a used car lot. Gee, I guess I did have something to say
Old 02-20-2002, 12:58 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Naked Baked Beans

That's cute.

We got the most adorable valentine from my adorable nephew. He even scratched out his name, complete with backwards "R".

DD is spending the rest of the week with her friend and friend's family, skiing and swimming and generally living it up. We took her over there yesterday (2 hours away). Lucky kid. I really wish I could still ski (it makes my feet hurt so bad, it's not worth it for me). Or snowboard! That would raise some eyebrows!

I don't know, Wabbit, I don't blame you for being reluctant to do the intervention thing. It sounds like one giant emotional scene, with who-knows-what outcome. My bet is that most of these don't work. I really think a person has to come to a crisis themselves to want to change; you can't force an artificial crisis on them.

DH came home for lunch and announced that the Dr. wants to perform surgery on his nose/septum all that crap for his breathing. He's a little freaked out, so I've got to go be a good wifey.

Kiwi
Old 02-20-2002, 01:28 PM   #13  

Default Oh, to be young again

Kiwi, wasn't that a wonderful time in life? I want to be young and carefree and have my mom & dad provide a fun filled holiday for me. I want to live it up. I want to have someone cater to my every need.

Thank you for validating my reluctance to jump in and try to save the bil. I'm tired of trying to make everyones life wonderful. Sometimes they have to save themselves.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:56 AM   #14  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default searing

my migraine is burning my brain lining.

yes, please, kiwi. i'd like motel info.

in ads, whenever someone loses weight, they end up a size 6 or 8. why is that? i heard one woman actually say she'd never been a 8 before.

sorry to hear about all the losses here.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:32 PM   #15  
cow with the double chin

Default MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh Wabby....you want me to give a book report??!!! After two years of school and you want me to read and then write about it!!! Surely you jest!!! Maybe you need another girl's weekend somewhere for some peace? I hear ya on not trying to save everybody. You are right. Sometimes they have to save themselves. You can do it though. It is hard and it hurts sometimes, but you can do it. Been struggling with it with XSO for the last couple of months for various reasons, so I know it is workable. Takes will power and refusal to feel guilt. Stay strong. Sometimes you just have to think about you.

Sug...glad the meds are working. Have you been able to sleep?

Kiwi....good luck being a good wifey! Sorry DH has to have surgery. Will dd's friend take me for a week?

Where is THE Bagggzzzzzzzz?

The following was cut and pasted for your enjoyment. Don't hurt your tummies laughing too hard!!!

===========

You Won't Believe the 'Newest' Exercise

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor

It's housework. That's right, vacuuming and scrubbing the bathrooms give you the same workout you'd get at the gym. According to the American Journal of Occupational Therapy, these two common household chores both increase your heart rate and produce as much circulatory strain as a period of moderate aerobic exercise at the gym.

And if you only have time for one of them and want to get the best workout, choose vacuuming. As weird as it sounds, think of it this way: You'll save a bunch of bucks giving up your gym membership and firing the maid. And your house will be clean. And you'll be fit. Maybe this isn't so bad after all?

Have a great weekend! I am shopping!! I get my first pay check!! YAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO
Closed Thread