Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Remember how I am on or off??

Ok, today I am offsite at "lab". It's at one of the steel mills. I brought my lunch today - everything healthy and I have the whole weekend planned out. Then they tell me that they are having pizza for one of the ladies who was leaving.

In hindsite, I should have just marched right in there with my sandwich and no one would have said a word. But I thought (did you ever notice that thinking gets you in the most trouble) I'd have one piece and be done. *sigh* I had...

* 3 pieces of pizza (cheese - lots of crust)
* 1 taco
* 1/2 and Italian beef sandwich
* 2 or 3 mini brownies
* 4 or 5 small peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

Breakfast was Whole grain cereal and skim milk and my snack was a 90 calorie granola bar.

But now I am thinking all these evil thoughts...there is a heath bar calling my name in the vending machine.

**Shaking it off** Ok, so one really bad lunch does not need to undo all my good efforts. I will immediately do a U-turn and get my mind off of food and will continue to follow my food plan as PLANNED! I will skip my afternoon snack (I think I'll be full!) if I can and I will have a healthy dinner. I will allow myself 800 more calories for the day, like I would have had if I had eaten my healthy lunch. It's over and it changes nothing..
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Sandi,

I'm glad that you aren't letting it get you off track. You definitely have a loser's attitude. That is the best possible thing to do when something like this happens. Get right back on plan. Just keep on........

Oh and for the nasty heath bar that's full of artificial ingredients and sugar :
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #3  
Meg

ATTAGIRL SANDI!!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Good job Sandi. The hardest part is getting back on the track after being derailed. Mentally, we all know that one meal shouldn't undue us bot some times we let it get the best of us.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

And to top it off, they took pictures!! I am keeping this one to remind myself how big I really am!!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Forgive yourself Sandi and MOVE ON with your day. Ignore it. One slip up does not have to lead to several. Don't go down that slippery slope. You can do this!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #7  
hara hachi bu

Oh. I know the feeling. Great job for facing what happened, posting it, and moving on.

(hugs)

You look great in that green color, too!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

3:25...still drinking my water. I leave at 4:00 and that vending machine won't be there to temp me anymore!!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Dang. I love Heath bars too. Just stay away!!!

Hang in there Sandi. Let it go and move into a healthier weekend! You have a good attitude heading into it. You'll be fine!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sandi, you're human. It's time to move on and put it past you. Don't even THINK about it. What's done is done. Time to get yourself right back on track. You can't let one meal derail your hopes and dreams and goals. They're still there waiting for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #11  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I agree with the others. Move on and don't worry about it. I know that there will be times when I eat more crap then I should, but that doesn't mean it's all downhill from there. Get up, shake yourself off and if you want to counteract it at all, get out there and move some after work!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #12  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Sandi
It's now past 5pm so hopefully you avoided the heath bar. Let me just say that I did not avoid the heath bar today and worse yet it was on top of a 'coffee toffee' sudae. Let me tell you what you missed out on if you made it: a stomach ache and regret. Go for that healthy dinner you planned and you will sleep so much better tonight. Last night I had to stay up late b/c I ate bad food too late and was afraid to lay down for fear of seeing it again. Thank you for all your candid inspiring posts. I can totally relate with you. I'm glad I'm not alone.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #13  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Good job on staying on track after your "bad" lunch! (If you made it to 3:25, I know you made it to 4 )! Things happen to temporarily derail us - what is important is that we continue to move forward after the temporary setback rather than giving up..

Melissa

P.S. I've always been envious of your photographs. No matter how bad you think you look in them, I always wish I were half as photogenic as you are!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

I made it!!

I didn't give in to the heath bar and I ate a healthy dinner. That's that and I'm back in business. This was pretty big for me. If I had not come here on Monday and made that declaration, and if I hadn't come back when I saw trouble...this afternoon would have been the start of a binge weekend. I am certain of that!

Thanks guys!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #15  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Sandi, YAY! Hey, you did great. Getting back on track is one of the hardest things about losing weight, especially at first. That was always my point of failure in the past. You made it through though. Keep posting this weekend if you feel like you're sliding back. We all want to be here for you.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote