Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default THIN WANNABEES WEEKLY CHIT-CHAT (March 26 - April 8)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'6"

Mondays Yuck! Actually monday itself isn't so bad other then I am tired in the morning. But its recovering from the weekend. I feel I do pretty good during the week and then the darn weekend comes. I don't exercise don't really watch what I eat. It's like starting all over every monday. I don't know why weekends are so bad for me but I cant seem to get around them. Does anyone else seem to have this problem?
looking4better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #3  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi everyone,
How are you tonight? I am just hangin loose and enjoying this beautiful weather of almost 80 in Indiana. How is the weather in your area? I hope beautiful too.

looking4better-I think people tend to do worse on the weekends because you tend to go more and for me that includes maybe eating out too. But just try to take this a day at a time and make this week the week to really try to stick to it, even on the weekend as well. Just try it for a week and I'll bet you you'll see some results this week. Good Luck to you!

Kim-Good job on getting your good grades. I knew you could do it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all is well at he doctors. Good going on your weight loss so far. You are doing great, you will make you goal yet.

CJ-Sorry you are in a funk. Hope you get thru it soon, in the mean time just keep on posting when you can and things will turn around I just know it. If you keep walking like you have been that will really help with how you feel, cause they say exercise will help fight depression, but in your case, help get over your funk.

Well everyone let us know how you are doing this week. It is a new week and the start of a new you!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/202/185

Height: 5"4'

Default Another week to fight the good fight

Good afternoon:

The week got off to a pretty good start for me. I got over my funk of last week. I am still bewildered as to how I can gain back three of the five pounds that I lost the week before. I did not change anything, I am eating oatmeal 5-7 mornings a week, I try to have a salad for lunch with lo cal dressing and a sandwich, made with multi grain bread and then a sensible and portion controlled supper. So how does it happen

I was very discouraged. I know I need to exercise and to that end I purchased a new bike for myself....brand new..I was 7 years old when I had my last very new bike. I have not rode on it yet as I am still getting over a slip and fall down the deck stairs a few weeks ago. My butt was so sore. I am pleased to say that it is getting better but I dont think I am up to riding a bike just yet. My goal is to go back and forth to work on it. Work is maybe 5 kms from home. all Downhill the way there....uphill the way back I may need to do a few practice runs before I head out for the real thing. I have not been on a bike in over a year. The year before last I would hop on my bike and go for a 10 -15 km ride. ( I was in better shape then) These days I just dont have the motivation. I also purchased a weighted skipping rope. (was on sale) It sits still in its package.....I do need a kick in the butt to get started (ouch!!!)

I think I really need a buddy to help me out. My bf is trying to be supportive. But he is one of those lucky people that can eat whatever they want and not gain anything. All I have to do is look at a commercial on tv and I gain weight. He figures that if I just eat more fruit and vegetables I will lose weight. He does not know how hard it is for me to shed this unwanted weight. Its not just weight on my body it feels like weight on my soul. When I step on the scales and its down I feel lighter all over. My whole being is lighter.

I have type 2 diabetes, and high cholestral (thanks for the genes mom!!) I am on two types of pills for the diabetes and one for cholestral, I dont want to be taking any more....lately my blood pressure has been up some. I want to be healthy and not have to take more meds. Thats one of the reasons I want to do this. It is a battle every day.

Its not all doom and gloom. I am feeling a bit better and hopefully the scales will start to show movement in the proper direction soon. If not I dont know what I will do. I should be able to lose some. I see women on here that lose over 100 pounds, why cant I lose a meagre 10???? It is so easy to get discouraged.

thats my rant for the day. I go back to work tomorrow and for the first time in years its a full time job. I am so looking forward to that. I have only ever had a series of part time jobs. Last summer I worked 3 different jobs just to make ends meet. I am a single mom of two teenage boys who love to eat.....(they have a hollow leg) I will keep up the battle and I will check in here as often as I can.

Thanks for listening.
Dallas

girlontheloose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #5  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

i finally broke lol i had such a good run up til now but from thursday 22nd to well until today i just havent been counting calories or anything. it was kind of like a planned break becasue i went to stay with my boyfriend for a few days and its so hard to eat sensibly around him =S anyways on my way home i bumped into a nosy neighboor i havent seen in a few months, as i approached her she asked me what i'd been eating at uni, then proceeding to tell me i'd put on weight ...then guiltily saying i looked good. i felt so....put back my face must've just dropped..maybe i have i dont know but i've been trying and when people say things like that to me i just feel like giving up and saying whats the point. i dont think i will this time i feel quite determined so maybe it was a good thing she said that.
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #6  

Hi all,

Dallas-Yes, that always bewildered me too, when you try so hard to lose some weight, have a loss than gain part of it back. But you are doing things right and that is the important thing. I tell you eating oatmeal really helps you to not only lose weight, but to also lower your cholesterol as well. Don't give up, you are doing the things you are soppose to, with diet and exercise too.

supergirl-Don't let one little old nosy neighbor get you down. How does she know you are going to gain weight? She doesn't know what you are eating of even how you are doing on your weight loss plan. Don't you just love nosy neighbors who have nothing better to do that try to bring you down, even without meaning to? I feel sorry for people like that, must be something lacking in her life. I always try to keep postiive for people, and sourround myself with people that see the glass as half full. Don't let her get to you, just keep on working at doing what you want to do, to be where you want to be.

Well I really know how Dallas feels, I have been trying so hard too and it takes so much for me to lose and it is so easy for me to gain. Sometimes I feel like I take 2 steps forward and 6 steps back again. There are days I am realy discouraged, but I try to keep on plugging, doing what I am doing and hanging on. I also know I need to take things a day at a time, If I just eat right, exercise and get my water in, things should fall into place eventually. I know I have to be patient as well. I didn't get to this weight overnight so it is going to take a while to lose it and that's what I have to focus on. A new week is upong us, I hope everyone has a great week, make it the best week ever. Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 03-27-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #7  
CJ

Hi everyone! This week is starting off pretty ok for me too. I'm still doing my Curves and I walked 3 miles yesterday, 4 miles today - I only have 47 miles to go at the Sportsplex to get my 100 mile sweatshirt! But, alas, the scale still says the same - no loss! I've been at the same weight for months now give or take a couple up then down. Just can't seem to get down any further no matter what I do! But - I know one thing for sure and that is I am not going to give up cuz I know that someday the scale will move - downwards!

So girls - DON'T GIVE UP! We'll get to where we want to be - just maybe not as soon as we want but WE WILL GET THERE!

Well, sorry so short but I'm off to the Hot Tub! I'll check back tomorrow! Have a great nite!

Love, CJ
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'6"

Question calories daily...

I was just wondering about daily calorie in take. I went to a website and they said that I should eat between 1600-1900 calories a day depending on my exercise level to lose weight. I was wondering if this sounds about right and 2) how reliable fitday is when it comes to calories in food. The reason I ask is I have yet to meet the minimum recommened caloric intake. I eat when I am hungry and try healthly choices and I eat until I am full. I know this isn't a problem most people have- but I am not hungry enough to eat all 1600. I normally average around 1200-1300 a day and I am concerned that this isn't enough with the exercise I do. But at the same time I dont want to add crappy foods back in just so I meet 1600. I feel good and lord knows I have enough fat to burn, but I want to be healthy. Let me know what you think... thanks
looking4better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:17 AM   #9  

Hi all,

I went to my WW meeting today and stayed the same, wanted to lose something because I stayed on program this week, but I will take staying the same and keep on doing what I am doing.

looking4better-Gosh I don't know about Fit day and calories as I am on the Weight Watchers program. But I have heard about it and think it is a good website and have heard good things about it. It sounds like you are doing good and not starving yourself from what I see. It sounds like you do a lot of exercise and so you burn lots of calories. If you just eat healthy and do what you should be doing things should work out. Any other impute about this?

CJ-Yoiu are half way to your goal to get your T-Shirt, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I know it is hard to stay the same weight for a while lik you currently are. I have just been going through it for not even a couple of weeks and it is like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr But I agree, the scale will go down and soon for you, WE CAN DO THIS! You are doing so well!

Well guys, better get this posted and go to bed. Take care everyone, love you, Sharon
Old 03-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #10  

Morning all:

I dont have any advice on calorie counting as I dont do it. I am still trying the portion control thing and good food choices. The good news on that front is that I have lost the three pounds that I gained back last week. I am not jumping for joy over it but at least its something.

I know that my limits for dieting are going to be challenged in the weeks and months ahead. I went back to work and I work very near a kitchen that serves only deep fried foods!!!!!! And where I work we sell, chips, bars and hotdogs! Its very easy for me to take out some money and just buy something....especially when I know that the kitchen makes fantastic fish and chips! My first few days have been pretty good, I did not buy anything and yesterday the manager had a nice box of muffins....not the low fat ones either. It took all of my will power to stay away from them. I know that those muffins probably have over 500 calories and 20 grams of fat. They looked so good. By the time we closed last night there was only one left, I took it home, but did not eat it. I gave it to my bf. It really did look yummy.

So here I am once again ready to do battle.

Good luck all.

Dallas

Old 03-30-2007, 03:24 PM   #11  
CJ

Looking -for-better: I also do not count calories - I'm just trying to make good food choices and portion control also. A lot of people use Fit Day and I think it is a pretty good site. I agree with Sharon/sassy that if you just eat healthy and do what you should be doing things should work out.

Sharon: Hey, as long as you stayed the same you did good! Better than gaining! Any more news on the new grandson yet?

girlontheloose: You did great on passing up those muffins! Proud of you! Especially taking one home and giving it to your bf ... Just take one day at a time - it seems that each new day is a beginning of a new battle!

Well, I got weighed and measured yesterday at Curves - I lost 1/2 lb and another 1-1/2 inches - that's a total of 16 inches since joining Curves! I walked 5 miles yesterday and 5 miles today so I now have 67 miles in at the SportsPlex - I plan on doing 5 miles tomorrow also. I plan to have my 100 mile sweatshirt by the end of next week! Yippee!

Well, back to my knitting ... more baby blankets to do! LOL ... hope everyone is having a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 03-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #12  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

i've been doing, well not so good since ive been back home. i havent gone crazy with eating its just that counting calories is so hard in things that my mum has cooked so i try to estimate but way over so if anything im eating less instead of more. yay also i found my scales and i've lost 3 pounds since the last time i was made to weigh myself at uni 2 weeks ago!!! im so happy because ive been so down recently
thanks for the ki nd words CJ i really have ignored what she said, its kind of proven that i've matured abit because that comment would have really affected me just a little while ago.
and girlontheloose66 you have so much self control, i hate being around foods i dont want to eat because i have little self control once hungry, i really will think of you and the muffin next time im caught in a similar situation
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:34 PM   #13  
CJ

Just popping in for a quick hello - walked 5 miles today - yippee! Tomorrow I am going to try for 6 miles. Wish me luck!

Supergirl:
WTG on losing those 3 lbs! You go girl - YOU CAN DO THIS!

Well, I'm cleaning out my cubbords a bit so better get going before I lose interest! LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Love, CJ
Old 03-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #14  

Way to go supergirl!!!!!

I know that If i had to count calories I would just give up. It is a very daunting task. It would make me want to give up. I say Kudos to anyone who has the stamina to do it.

Not much else to report here. I am feeling pretty good. I was able to squeeze my belt down one notch....and I do mean sqeeze....I was glad that I had a loose top on as my inner tube did not show too much lol. But its all good this week...Next week I may be crying a river.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Dallas.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

hey everyone,

First, the additional blood tests my doctor ran came back normal. I don't have rheumatoid arthritis, gout, or whatever else he was checking for. Still a possibility I have osteo arthritis, but we'll figure that out down the road after I get to feeling better with all this right now.

I have been on the Vit. D and iron supplement for about 2 weeks now, and actually find myself feeling a little more energetic than I was. The only thing is I have to pace myself as I find myself crashing easily.

Mom and I went to an auction Saturday, and I was up and energetic. By the time we got home, I was soooo tired. I laid down for a nap at 3, and didn't get up until close to 7. Then couldn't sleep Sat. night. Wonder why? lol.

At least I feel like I have some energy at work. I'm back to making rate, or close to it now instead of being way under rate. But, still very tired by the time I get home and feel like I could go to bed for the rest of the night.

The one thing that is really bugging me is now that I am starting to feel a little better, my appitite is back. I am HUNGRY!! and not just the snacking kind of hungry. The kind where your stomach feels like it's going to eat itself up if you don't put any food into it.

This weekend, when I went grocery shopping, I made sure to buy jellos and puddings I could eat (the low fat/low sugar or sugarfree kinds), buy some fresh fruits, bottled water, and get drinks that had Splenda in it instead of pop. I also splurged the money on the Slim fast snack bars and I'm going to try eating one at first break to see if that helps with the hunger pains. Instead of spending maybe $30 on just some essentials we needed, I ended up spending about $90 just to make sure there were foods and drinks I could have around the house so hopefully I won't be tempted to much by all the things everyone else here eats.

Gonna run for now. Got to get some sleep.

Kim

P.S. Sharon--do we have a baby yet????
KimV is offline   Reply With Quote