Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 10:46 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Christian Encouragers #135

Welcome to the Christian Encouragers Thread. If you want support and prayers for your healthy eating or struggles that you're having in your life then you've come to the right place! We're here for each other.

Be sure to go back to CE'ers thread # 134 to catch up on the successes, blessings and trails of our lives. CE'ers #134 was a busy thread!! How exciting to see all the posts!
Old 02-16-2002, 10:51 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
I managed to get the computer away from Dd for a few minutes.
But this will have to be short. We had some "losers" from the previous thread~ Sherry and Patricia. Great job! The rest of us will be joining you soon!!!!!
Tomorrow is the Lord's day, so I doubt that I will get online then.
Have a blessed day!!
Ginny
Old 02-17-2002, 08:16 AM   #3  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Happy Lord's Day!!!!

Happy Lord's Day to All!!!!

Thanks EcMOM for started our new thread, it was getting a little long. I had a good busy day yesterday. And today I'm on call and working so getting to church doesn't look like it's in the picture. I miss it when I have to miss.

Where are all you wonderful folks? spending time with family? exercising? walking malls? lurking but not posting??? Well, whatever I miss you!!!

Well, not much to report here. I'm proud to say I ate OP yesterday although didn't get my whole walk in but did get quite a bit of exercise. Hopefully will do better today.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL LORD'S DAY!!! The weather here in central Texas was heavenly yesterday and I hope the same for today. I would love to start working outside today getting my yard in order. See you soon.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:21 AM   #4  

Blessing today!
I am happy to anounce that my DD is now engaged! Thanks for all the prayers for my FIL he is doing better! Prayer does work! I am off this weekend and trying to get my house in order Pray that I can get everything done. I will WI later today I have been OK but not good this week. I relized this week that I have been on a diet every Valentines day for the last 20 years!!!! I have only gotten a box of candy twice in my married life and the other years I told DH not to get me candy because I was on a diet!
I have to get ready for church I will try to post later.
Sami
Old 02-17-2002, 06:11 PM   #5  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! I just came back from an invigorating walk. It felt so great to get out there again. It was quite windy so I didn't get to go as far as I wanted to but I did get out there and that's a start.

We went to church this morning. what a blessing! I don't know what I'd do without my church! We came home and had a spaghetti dinner. DS had his girlfriend over and they went snowmobiling. It'll be one of the last times he can do this for the season. Then I had a bit of a nap while DH watched golf. So, it's been a very relaxing day.

Hope you all are having a great day too!

Sami: I'm so glad to hear your FIL is doing better. PTL!! and you're going to be a MIL. How cool is that!!

Eeyore's Son: The weather here isn't nearly Texas weather but if it's melting here we're doing great. Winter isn't over here for another month or so and we appreciate any mild spell we can get. Today it's 5C.

Take care!!
Old 02-18-2002, 08:39 AM   #6  
Growing in Christ

Wilma - congrats on the walk!!!!! I'm actually looking fwd to being able to exercise again.

BUT... I am happy to report that my first week of WW (minus the exercise of course) was good... stayed w/in my points and lost just over 4 lbs!!!!!!

My dh lost between 5 & 6 I think... I just saw the scale, but haven't talked w/him this morning...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

I"ll check in later to see how everyone is doing today.

Patricia
Old 02-18-2002, 09:20 AM   #7  
Growing in Christ

Just caught up w/dh finally... he lost 7 lbs this week!!! WOW!!!!!!

Patricia
Old 02-19-2002, 06:30 AM   #8  
Seeking God's Gold

Smile Good Morning to All!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

How is everyone? Where is everyone? Nice to see you and hello to Patricia ~ Wilma ~ Sami. Zoe ~ we hope you are having a GREAT vacation!!!!

Yesterday was not a bad day but just busy. I stayed OP but wasn't able to walk yet due to chest pain without my med. I got back on it last night and plan to walk here in a minute as soon as DH gets through. He has lost 19 lbs!!!!! But men are this way you know. He asked me yesterday not to be mad at him. I just chuckled and asked whatever do you mean. Knowing all the while he was talking about his losing so much faster than me. I'm not mad but it does irritate me a little.

Patricia~ Your DH and you are doing Fabulous!!!!! Congratulations on a job well done!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Wilma~ Good for you getting the walking in!!! No, I realize that your weather is not Texas weather, not many places are. Sometimes, I would love to have the opportunity to go snowmobiling like your DS!!! We hardly ever get snow and when we do it's just a small amount with ice before or after it. But, I am loving these 60 - 70 degree days!!!!! But so are my allergies!!!

Sami~ Congratulations MIL to be!!!!! How exciting!!! I do hope you like the new member to be. And so very happy to hear that your FIL is improving!!!! PTL!!!!!

Well, I better head for the treadmill. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!!! Weigh in is tonight for me. Hope that old metal god is NICE!!! Check in soon!!
Old 02-19-2002, 07:31 AM   #9  

Hello to all,
I am praying really hard to stay OP and make my goal of losing my weight before my DD gets married. I do a lot of scrapbooking and I try never to be in the picture but with something as important as my DD wedding I want to be in the picture but I don't want to bef fat!!!!! I just don't understand how something as simple as watching what goes in my own mouth can be so hard!

Please keep my nephew Joey in your prayers today. He is having surgery this morning to find out what this large lump is on his face. He was playing basketball and hit heads (almost a month ago) He went to the hospital at the time and was told he had a bruse. He said he had a small lump before the accident and it has grown so large in a short amount of time that it has taken half his face.

Sherry and Patricia-Of course the men lose faster! I am happy for them.

Wilma-So glad you got your walk in. I need to find something I can do my legs still go numb when I walk so I can't go far.

May the Lord bless you and Keep you!
Sami
Old 02-19-2002, 10:09 AM   #10  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! It's another lovely day here in Manitoba. I get off work an hour early today so hopefully after getting groceries, etc. I will still have time to get in a short walk before supper. I'm making a simple meal tonight so I don't have that pressure.

Patricia: You're doing awesome! Doesn't feel great to see the scales moving downward again?? I think its great you and your DH can do this together. Mine doesn't have a problem and eats whatever he wants.

Eeyore's Son: Men lose it so much easier than we do! Mine puts on about 15 lbs every winter and then loses it when he works harder in the summer. He doesn't change his eating habits but gets more exercise in the summer. I would love to experience a warm winter just once! And... you can come up here and snowmobile anytime!! We live in very hilly country and there are a lot of beautiful trails to ride on.

Sami: It's nice to have a goal to lose weight for! My Ds's grad is in June and I would love to lose some weight before then. I want to buy a dress that I can wear to grad and to my nephew's wedding which is in July. I will pray for Joey. This must be very scarey for him.

Hello to Zoe, Gutchie, Pravda and anyone else I missed. We miss you!
Old 02-19-2002, 11:48 AM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!
We had a busy weekend. Ds had 2 basketball games, we went to visit my mother yesterdayand inlaws Sunday, church and all the other running around that becomes part of daily life with kids.
I am glad that most of them are back in school- except for Dd (6) who is home with a cough. She really could have gone in, but this is only kindergarden and she looks tired. A day of rest was in order, I think.
Sami- I will keep your nephew in prayer. This must be hard for the whole family, especially because he is so young. Great news about your Dd!!!!!!!! Congrats. What a happy reason to lose weight. We will kick you along here to keep you inspired with your diet.
Wilma- I am so happy for you that the weather has broken and you are getting those walks in! (it was really bothering you for a while, I think). Spring is coming....... I actually have a few dumb bulbs that are up. I say dumb, because I don't really think that winter has given up on us yet. But, we know it is coming and walking weather will be here. Any news on the house you were looking at?
Sherry- How are you feeling today? Hope that you got a walk in. And how nice that you and Dh are dieting together. It sure makes it easier! Good news that you stayed OP, too. WTG.
Patricia- Awsome! Great news on the weight loss for you and Dh!
Relax with the excercise yet. You are still (in my humble opinion) still too "post partum" to begin that. I know that I started to begin running around too soon after Ds and set myselfl back a week or two. Spring will be here all too soon- and nice weather and lots of time for excercise. You are doing great without it for now!

I could not get a walk in yesterday- just too busy with all the running around. I hope to get one in this afternoon once Dd gets home and I can leave her with her sister. I miss my walk!
Gotta go and get dinner set up (so I am not in panic mode later).
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-19-2002, 12:11 PM   #12  

Unhappy A rough few weeks

I am a little upset at myself. I have been so bad and naughty these past 2 weeks! I was doing so great, losing weight, then I got cocky and stopped being so strict on myself, I have not weighted myself since then, and I have not done any excersice! I am going to the gymn tonite, so I am sure that I will be all upset tonite and let you know what happened.
I am hoping that I have not gained, but stayed the same, at least! We will see.
I am just discourgaed, I guess I am being too hard on myself. I do not want to have to always worrying about the food tha I put in my mouth. I enjoy eating and this changing the way I eat is not working for me. I miss the potato, french fries, and good pasta! I like Sugar!

Anyway, I am having a rough few weeks!
Pravda
Old 02-19-2002, 01:05 PM   #13  
Growing in Christ

Good Tuesday afternoon all!

Sherry... I love the idea of a mini goal.. think I'll start putting my stats as start/now/mini/final goal...

Pravda - Why not keep eating french fries and potatoes.. just eat a few less? Split those fries w/someone, or save half that potatoe for tomorrow's lunch? Just an idea (or "idear" as my dh would say).

This is one of those days that putting my kids into school is very appealing!!! I"m very tired, and not the best homeschooling teacher today, for sure!

Our church is doing a "40 day spiritual advance" from now until Easter, with the goal being a closer walk w/the Lord... I sooo need this!! I recognize, however, that this journey will not go unchallenged by our adversary! The more I try to change my tone of voice to be more more consistently gentle... the more "opportunities" to scream arise!! Know what I mean???

Have a great day all!!

Patricia
173/168.75/156/105ish
Old 02-19-2002, 03:31 PM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Pravda: I just want to encourage you. we have all been where you are now and it is possible to overcome. I always like to use the analogy of potholes. You hit a pothole and do you sit there or do you get out of it and carry on. It's a matter of choice. I am speaking to myself here too. I've been in the pothole of laziness and need to get out and walk.

You are not alone and we are here for encouragement and prayer.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:00 AM   #15  

Congratulations to those who lost weight, are exercising, and hanging in there OP... the rest of us will be joining you as soon as we can!

The last couple of weeks the eating program has gone out the window, wrong food choices and stress have reigned in my life. At weigh in I was up another .75 pounds... but right now I don't seem to care, there is a crisis happening with my son and his wife that is breaking my heart.

They have come through so very much, physically mentally and emotionally ( I've shared here) and they know Gods helping hand and prayer work. They both work so hard with such crazy hours it puts a strain on the relationship, but things have gone from good to terrible. He has become so angry verbally (unusual for him) and did some thing to break the trust level before christmas and felt he had to tell her 3weeks ago, so God would forgive him... needless to say they have been fighting since. She has been trying very hard to forgive and start rebuilding as they love each other very very much and have been married 5 years. But he seems to be sabotoging himself and staying confrontational, and hasn't given an opening for us to talk or share together. Her mom has sent plane fare for her to come home and visit as there have been 2 deaths in the family ( not real close relatives) but it seems like our sons bad attitude is pushing her away instead of his actions and attitude drawing her closer and rebuilding a positive relationship again. In someway I think he is trying to punish himself?

She confided in me as her best friend ( her family is 3500 miles away) I love her so much, she is my daughter in love! A blessing from God for my wounded heart because my biological daughter is paranoid delusional and disapeared from our family 7 years ago, we don't know if she is dead or alive, we just have to leave her in God's hands.

What can we as parents do??? Do we confront our son??? NOTHING I Guess! Except love and pray for them.

Sorry for the heavyness of my post, I just don't know where to go, it's almost 3 a.m. and laying in bed crying and trying to pray, isn't helpful to my DH who gets up at 5 a.m. for work. This is really messing me up, work and volunteer positions are both suffering right now... stress and fear are the big ones right now.
I can't turn my heart or mind off.

Please pray for me and my family!

Last edited by Teaki; 02-20-2002 at 06:04 AM.
Closed Thread