Old 03-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #1  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Unhappy RoLlErCoAsTeR--- I kEeP lOsInG & gAiNiNg ThE sAmE 5 lBs!!!

It's driving me nuts. I keep going up and down the same 5 pounds. I hover around 242 then get down to 237 and then find my way back up again!

Let's be honest. I haven't worked out all week. I have eaten out.. eaten too many sweets to count.. lacking in sleep. I haven't journal any of my food. I have been completely emotionally eating.. binges... my Mom's house is a struggle every weekend when I go to babysit my sister-- so much BAD FOOD everywhere.

It's no wonder I am up on the scale. WHY am I doing this to myself?
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

OMG, this is totally my story.. I am doing well then....I am back to my old ways.
I know when I am in determined mode nothing can stop me...then one thing triggers me. I really appreciate your post! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that goes through this.
I work with people struggling with substance abuse and see this older gentleman who has been sober for 50 years. i asked him how he does it and he told me "well, I am not going to drink today but maybe I will tomorrow. he says he never sets himself up for failure.....today is what he lives for. I don't know it just struck me so that I am just going to eat healthy today but maybe tomorrow I won't ...
Karen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Bring your sister to your house? Take a cooler of healthy foods to your mom's?

Honestly, for me it was a lot easier (especially at the beginning) to put a lot of food on my "no" list. I didn't eat packaged baked goods, fried foods, full fat cheese, cookies, chips, soda, etc etc. If a "no" food was presented as an option, it was easy for me to say "I don't eat that." I'm one of those people, if I eat ONE, I want 5, 10 or 20. It's much easier for me to say "no" to the first one than "no" to the second one.

After nearly 3 years in my healthy lifestyle, I am more relaxed and occasionally eat foods off my "no" list (except fast food, soda and packaged baked goods - they are no forever for personal reasons). I know now that an offplan food will not sabotage the day or my healthy weight. It took me awhile to get here though and I really needed the black/white yes/no mentality that got me started. What also worked well for me was a ton of planning, it was easier for me to say "no" to chips and dip if I had my own home made hummus with fresh vegetables to dip. I found "diet" foods I liked which really helped me. I also did a lot of visualizing for health, thinking about foods as cancer fighters, age-related illness protectors. Sounds kinda goofy, but all my grandparents died too young, I want to give myself the best chance for a long, happy life! Carrot sticks help that goal, cupcakes do not.

Get yourself back on track. Make a list right now of what you want to eat this week (use the internet to look up healthy, yummy recipes). Make a shopping list. Go to the store. Plan for healthy/meal snacks for your mom's house (healthy stuff you LIKE that you will look forward to eating - a package of super fresh blackberries maybe). Put your gym clothes in a bag, put it by the door. Pack lunches for the week. Make everything easy and at your fingertips. Get organized so you can go to bed on time. Set a definite time and stick to it.

Plan a reward for yourself if you can get through this week 90% on plan. Follow through, reward yourself (maybe a pedicure?), move onto week 2. Repeat!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Kae! I've missed seeing you post!
Maybe you did and I didn't see them, but wanted you to know that I like to read what you write. You speak my language many times. Like now.
It looks like you've been getting some good answers, so I'll just say, "Yep, ditto to what they wrote."

Oh, and if you haven't been posting... there's your problem! You need us and we need you!!!

Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:09 AM   #5  
Kae

Thanks for the responses. You are all correct. I have been struggling to find balance in my everyday life. I'm trying to be healthy and at the same time I am working 2+ jobs. I would love to have more time to cook flavorful, healthy meals.. but alas I don't have much time for me. ..There's just only so many lean cuisine meals and salads a person can eat. I am starting again to write down my eating. I need to journal my food intake and such. I think that's important.

Slashnl- you are right. I haven't been posting. I guess I didn't figure anyone would notice my absense. So thanks! That means a lot to me. I guess posting meant I had to be accountable for my slip-ups. Ya know? Hmm.. it's definately not as fun posting the "I'm struggling" posts as it is the "I just lost 2 lbs" posts. I just started getting into a negative mindset. I was thinking I didn't want to bring down the group... it's silly I know because we are ALL here for support and to help oneanother. We will all have slips and falls and will need someone to tell us to get back up again.. even if it is hard to hear or hard to ask for help.

Thanks for helping me get my but back off the pavement. "Even if you are on the road to success, you will get run over if you just sit there!" Thanks.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I know how your feeling Kae.I go through the same thing over and over...but the last time I stopped it before I got out of control.Have I lost any? No,but I didn't gain anything back either.I guess you could say I do an awful lot of practicing maintenance lately And like you,I tend to stop posting(and in my case,reading posts)when I'm not being good.Stay strong and keep at it...even if you're not working on losing...continue to work on maintaining what you do lose,and gradually start on the losing again.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #7  
Diane

Glad you are back with us Kae. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to post when you don't have good news. I've had a couple of weeks of not wanting to post on the weekly weigh-in. There are so many that have had good losses and I'm actually up from where I started. (my fault!) But, after reading a few posts, I make myself do it. It seems like a weight (so to speak) is lifted from my shoulders to admit the failings. I guess I'm easing into this instead of hitting it hard like I should. I've been trying to get a plan that will work with my schedule, my husband's schedule, my kids' schedule... you know the drill. No excuses, but that's just where I'm at. I'm really working on getting my mind set on finding ways to eat healthy and exercise. I'm much better than I was when I first started, but I have a ways to go!

Stay in this with me Kae!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #8  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Kae!

Welcome back, Girl!

Your post could have been written by MANY of us! I have spent my whole last thirty years going up then down then up a little further and down not as far etc. etc. etc. It sure is easy to inch up there, and before you know it, 100 pounds just came on your frame overnight! Who knew that was possible?!!

Weight loss drives me crazy a lot of the time. I look at my skinny husband eating cheeseburgers and want to pop him in the head!

The good news here is that we really get where you are with this because it is the LIFE STORY of so many of us! Don't feel bad if you gain a bit, lose a bit. We are here for you NO MATTER WHAT!

Hugs for you, my friend!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
Hmm.. it's definately not as fun posting the "I'm struggling" posts as it is the "I just lost 2 lbs" posts. I just started getting into a negative mindset. I was thinking I didn't want to bring down the group...
Kae - You're definitely not alone in your struggling. I've been going through a rough spot as well and often feel like I'm the whiney sniveling one of the bunch! I try to keep reminding myself that most of us are going to struggle at one time or another...some of us will struggle a lot of the time! At least, we are still here. I've seen so many just drop off of the board entirely.
But, I have faith that you and I (and all of our struggling friends) will be able to get back on track,lose a lot of weight and inspire others to do the same! Hang in here with me!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #10  
Diane

There we go. We'll all struggle together! It is so hard to get past the frustrations, but when one is down, then the others can try to be UP! So, everyone keep posting and reading! We can't lose each other now!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #11  
Diane

By the way, Kae, if you can Title the beginning of this thread in such a creative way, you have the patience it takes to make it through to your goal weight. It would have taken me 3 days to type like that! Very creative and rollercoastery!!
Old 03-29-2007, 07:55 PM   #12  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kae! You got great advice, and I just wanted to add about you think you would bring down the group. Never! Actually, it's quite the opposite. The group will BRING YOU UP! Please don't hesitate to post your victories as well as your burdens. That's what we're all here for. Because I know when I fall, you will be there for me.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #13  
Kae

Thanks everyone! It means a lot to me and I really appreciate all the advice and support. May we approach this Easter week together with Caution! *wink*