Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150

Height: 4'11

Default Do any of you drink yerba mate?

I have heard about yerba mate and I am interested to know if any of you do drink it and what are your thoughts about this tea?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #2  
it's always something

I tried it, but didn't like the flavor. It was like drinking tree bark. It also gave me heart palpitations, probably due to the high caffeine content. I didn't try it for the weight loss claims, since those appear to be unsubstantiated, but because it sounded like an interesting beverage with a unique cultural history. I like trying new things SpecialTeas offers some interesting sounding flavored mates at http://www.specialteas.com/Yerba+Mat.../category.html and they offer sample sizes for a dollar.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #3  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I tried it too at various new-agey cafes in the area and think the flavor's OK; but like teas, it's something I'd just drink just because rather than with the aim of losing weight.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #4  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Yes! I love teas, so I like it. My mom has been drinking it for a few weeks and it has really curbed her appetite. I just started drinking it yesterday. I bought the tea from ecoteas and a steeper from teavana. Teavana also has a diet tea called strawberry slender pur-eh that tastes great!
Old 03-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkster5 View Post
Yes! I love teas, so I like it. My mom has been drinking it for a few weeks and it has really curbed her appetite. I just started drinking it yesterday. I bought the tea from ecoteas and a steeper from teavana. Teavana also has a diet tea called strawberry slender pur-eh that tastes great!
Thanks! I heard it was a great appetite suppressant. How has it been working for you? Side effects?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

I work for a health food store so I've been seeing Yerba Mate every time I turn around. I finally tried some out of curiosity and now I'm drinking it every day. It gives me tons of energy, and for some reason doesn't make me jittery like coffee does.

It's also suppressed my appetite a little, but most teas do that for me so I don't think it's something specific to yerba mate.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #7  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Now that i've been drinking the yerba mate for a few days, I have definitely noticed that it gives me more energy!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #8  
it's always something

It's from the caffeine Yerba mate doesn't contain as much caffeine as coffee, but it's definitely there.
Closed Thread