Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #1  
Lori

Red face What is your all time favorite movie to make you feel better and give you inspiration

I have a few movies that I put in to make me feel better
about my goals and myself...

The Mirror has 2 faces

Rocky! LOL The first one

Pretty Woman

how about you......?????

Lori
Wannabeskinnymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #2  

Bridget Jones' Diary, The Breakfast Club
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I agree about the Mirror has two Faces. I actually watched that this weekend! I liked that movie because it challenges peoples ideal of beauty and love and how those two things interact. Anyway, I have to give it some thought about movies that inspire me. First comes to mind is Remember the Titans and The Greatest Game Ever Played. I'll get back to you when I think of more!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:59 PM   #4  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

fried green tomatos...all the way!!!!
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! I watch it every year to prepare for OUR family Christmas. My family stays for a week! Clark and Ellen et al help me get through it all!

Rudy is my favorite sports movie. I've seen it at least ten times. Just watched it again last week.

Romy and Michele's Reunion is also a favorite. I just like to spend time with them!

LOVE Whale Rider, too! Keisha Castle-Hughes is a real favorite of mine and I LOVED the story SOOOO much! (My son and future daughter-in-law were in New Zealand shortly after it came out, so it was very meaningful to us all!)

Bridget Jones' Diary (I and II) because I LOVE movies where the underdog WINS!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:02 AM   #6  

OK, ya'll are gonna' laugh, but.....I love the movie "Shirley Valentine". I love the whole movie, but especially the theme of reclaiming ones' self. One of my favorite lines in the whole movie is something I've never forgotten:

"I've *allowed* myself to live this little life, when inside me is so much more."

It hit me hard when I heard that, because it was right at the point where it was starting to finally dawn on me how I was living my life from the sidelines because of my weight. I know it sounds silly, but that statement still pops into my head all the time, and it strengthens my resolve to stick with this and realize my true potential I want to live a big life, gosh darn it!! (just not literally, LOL!).
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:59 AM   #7  
missaprylj

American Beauty... kinda dark, but really lifts me up in the end.

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life."
-Lester Burnham, American Beauty
Old 03-28-2007, 05:09 AM   #8  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Great pick girls !

The mirror has two faces is the one that definately makes me feel better, it´s a great reminder for me that I´m my worst critic...
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #9  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

sugarlove, Shirley Valentine is one of my favorite movies! I totally agree with you on that.

Another of mine is Muriel's Wedding - I just love how she goes through this process of self-discovery and realizing her place in the world. And gotta love the Abba soundtrack!

I've never seen The Mirror Has Two Faces, might have to give it a looksee now ...
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I watched An Officer and a Gentleman last week and had forgotten how much I loved that movie.

The movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape always gets to me. I could personally see myself getting that big and the burden it was putting on my family.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Radio and Forrest Gump. They both remind me that there is good in people. I'm very cynical and sometimes I just wonder why everyone seems so mean, judgmental, unforgiving, and intolerant. Radio is the most inspiring of the two because it's true.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hmm, What's Eating Gilbert Grape always brings me down. Of course, some of my favorites might bring others down, too, but they include:
  • Life as a House
  • Igby Goes Down
  • Go (this one is a little more fun than serious)
  • Brick (also kinda fun)
None of them are particularly happy movies, but they all make me feel really good in the end for some reason. I think they make me appreciate how good my life is in that I don't have such things to deal with on a daily basis. I mean, everyone has issues and faces challenges, but I've been fortunate in my life that none of mine have had a drastic negative impact on me or my life, if that makes sense.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #13  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Hhmmm, my family all love movies, but here are a couple of my favs....

Captian Ron
The Wedding Date
You've Got Mail
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #14  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

* Under the Tuscan Sun
* Happy Gilmore
* Independence Day
* In her shoes
* Old-school Tom Hanks movies--- The Burbs, The Money Pit, Big...

Last edited by Kae; 03-28-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #15  

I just watched Shirley Valentine (again!) a few weeks ago-I love British and Irish movies.

I absolutely love the movie the Commitments-anyone else? It cracks me up, I love the musical performances....I bought both soundtrack cds and play them constantly.

I also really like Circle of Friends since it's based on one of my favorite books, but I was pissed that they changed the ending.

I'm sure there are more, but I'm drawing a blank now...

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote