Old 03-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Back from unexpected side trip!

Hi Everyone!

I'm back! My trip to my mom's house included a hospital stay of four days and three nights! Mom passed out at a local restaurant and was taken to the emergency room. After TONS of tests and many hours of waiting for results, they STILL couldn't figure out why she passed out suddenly! I stayed with her in her room because I didn't want her to get stressed out from being alone. She's 95!

All tests came out normal and better than normal for a 95-year-old woman who is on NO medication!

We resumed our planned weekend yesterday by going to church, attending a luncheon, and going shopping. She feels fine, and I was able to come home today.

I'm anxious to get caught up with everything here!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #2  
Losin' it forever!

Cheryl,

Glad to hear your mom's doing better! That must have been scary for you! My mom is 78 and though she is amazingly active, anytime she is sick, I get very worried!

Welcome home!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #3  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Glad mom is OK, Mine passed of lung cancer when I was 30, she was only 64.....Missing her more each year
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Cheryl, it's wonderful that you are back. I haven't been around either lately but I am slowly popping around again. I am so glad that the tests didn't reveal anything wrong with your mom! I have to say I have spent a TON of time around elderly people in a medical/professional capacity, many of whom are a decade or two younger than your mom - and their list of medications is absolutely extensive. So it is astonishing and wonderful that your mom isn't on anything!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome back, Cheryl! We missed you!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like your mom is quite active for 95! I'm glad she's ok. Glad to see you back here!
Cybergypsy: I'm sorry about your Mom. I really don't look forward to ever losing my Mom. It's amazing how much I depend on her.... more and more each year. (I think I'm regressing!)
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Cheryl! I am glad your mom is OK. How awsome that she is 95 and not on any medication!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

So glad the tests show that your mom is okay. My mil lives with us you should see the handfull she takes morning and evening.

Cybergypsy: I cannot imagine what it would be like without my mom around even though she annoys the heck out of me a lot.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Glad your Mom is doing okay. She sounds like a wonderfully active 95-year old, the kind we'd all like to be! Since I spent the morning convincing my Dad, who has lots of health issues plus dementia, that he really does have to take at least one shower a week, I'm pretty familiar with the other end of the spectrum when a parent reaches 90. So thank your lucky stars that your Mom is in such good shape!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote