Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:36 AM   #1  

Default Green Teas

I've been reading lots lately that Green Tea is really useful in weight loss because it speeds the metabolism up. I've tried a Lemon Grass Green Tea and a Blackcurrant one, and am trying to drink more of them.

Anyone found that they do indeed help?
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #2  

i have just started drinking one called Enviga .. berry flavored and it tastes very good, its supposed to burn calories ..
Old 03-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #3  
it's always something

Green tea is good for you because it contains antioxidants. Can it help you lose weight? It depends on how well you like green tea, and how patient you are If you drink 4 cups of good quality green tea every single day for a year, you'll lose up to 8 pounds over the course of the year.

Toofatforyu, Enviga probably won't be making that claim for long, they are in a lot of trouble for their claims. We've had a few threads about it which have been interesting. We did the math -
If 3 bottles per day burns an extra 106 calories per day, that's 38,690 calories per year. This breaks down to 11 pounds over the course of the year. At $1.49 per bottle, that's $1,642 to lose 11 pounds.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 366/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Toofatforyu, Enviga probably won't be making that claim for long, they are in a lot of trouble for their claims. We've had a few threads about it which have been interesting. We did the math -
If 3 bottles per day burns an extra 106 calories per day, that's 38,690 calories per year. This breaks down to 11 pounds over the course of the year. At $1.49 per bottle, that's $1,642 to lose 11 pounds.
Thanks for that info Suzanne.

FWIW, I've tried Enviga and it's kind of nasty tasting, so I'm glad it doesn't work.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150

Height: 4'11

I have heard that it is good for you. I have tried to drink it hot and cold but I just can't get it down. They do have green tea pills but the ones I bought were too big and I couldn't get those down either.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Any tea is good for you so if you can't drink green, drink black or even try white. Jasmine is a really good tea which I believe is a mix of white and green.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #7  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

I've been hearing a lot more about tea lately. My mom has been trying this Mate tea from South America...she says it really helps curb her appetite and gives her energy. I ordered some loose mate tea from ecoteas and bought a tea steeper from Teavana...so i hope to try it out and will let you all know. I also bought teavana's strawberry slender pur-eh tea that is supposed to be a diet tea.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I wasn't a big fan of green tea, but wanted to start drinking it because I read about all the health benifets. I started to drink Bigelow Green Tea blends. So far I've tried the earl grey, blueberry and mango green teas and liked them all. (Mango being my favorite) I plan on getting a box of either the lemon or the peach tonight.

I don't know if it helps me lose weight per se, but it defintely helps curb my appetite.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #9  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I've drink enviga a few times a week. Actually I never drank caffeine before those, so the jolt of energy is quite interesting. I personally think the peach flavor tastes great, and the energy boost I get from the caffeine is enough to get me to work out even on those days where I've been dragging. So I figure while the calories burned by the drink aren't too much, the amount I burn working out the extra amount is well worth it. I suppose for that I could just buy any energy drink, but I really do like the taste, and the 5 calories a can is very reasonable.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I've tried a few different types of green tea, and my absolute favorite is Lipton Mandrin Mango green tea. Its in the single serving pouches that you pour into water bottles =)
Closed Thread