Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #1  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Red face Soup?

Hi everyone...

Can anyone tell me how to count soup? I am sick as a dog and can only choke down tea and chicken soup. I looked through my books but can only find chili on the restaurant menu. I think I will be off plan today, obviously, but it would be nice to know for the future since I love soup and would like to know how to count it once I am in the pink again.
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

one cup, 1/2 protein, 1 starch......... if it has noodles. ???????? just a guess. is it canned? watch a sodium
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

No canned soups are allowed on the program. Even the low sodium ones. I asked. I have picked up matzo ball soup from a local deli and count 1c stock as 1C and then one matzo ball as 1S. You could do the same thing and count it as C,S,Fa(maybe the fat).

You could also make 1pkt of the Herb-ox low sodium chicken broth and then add whatever veggies and noodles you want.

You could also get a chicken and make your own stock. Even if you're sick, it's not that bad because you just throw everything in a pot and let it go.

But... if you're sick, you're sick. Do what you need to do because you'll still be under everything else probably. Just don't have the canned soup with a big ol' sandwich.

Feel better!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #4  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks Cassi and Lettie...

I usually don't eat canned soup. Fortunately for me (and DF!) I love to cook. The chicken soup I had today I made from scratch and froze in individual containers. We had had a rotisserie chicken for dinner one night so I boiled up what was left and made stock. It was awesome. I also make veggie soup and black bean soup...I guess I will have to go through the ingredients and figure out how to count them.
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #5  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Good point...I make a hearty vegetable soup, tomato based with chunks of carrot, squash, about 1/4 cup of beans in 16oz container full of soup....it has like 70 calories per serving...could I count this as 2V????? I WISH!!!!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Vic - Then I would count 1 cup as a condiment and add either, P,S,V as you see fit. Yum.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #7  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagal View Post
Hi everyone...

Can anyone tell me how to count soup? I am sick as a dog and can only choke down tea and chicken soup. I looked through my books but can only find chili on the restaurant menu. I think I will be off plan today, obviously, but it would be nice to know for the future since I love soup and would like to know how to count it once I am in the pink again.
FEEL BETTER SOON!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote