Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 06:41 PM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#134

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:25 PM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Smile

Hi my friends, just not making it in here. You know I told you I had to shake the crumbs out of my keyboard a day ago, well it didn't work last night. I had to buy another one. I just got it hooped up a little while ago. Boy, it's going to take some getting used to. I've had a great day, not having any problem keeping and of the commitments to myself except walking on the treadmill and finded some quite time for me. I'm walking on the treadmill, but the quite time I'm not doing. Got to get committed to that. I am walking on the treadmill, but I have to really force myself. I am proud fo myself, and I am so happy that I talk to everyone in the store and ahhhhhh at the babies. I'm in the middle of fixing dinner now so I don't have much time. I'll be back in the morning and answer everyone.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:29 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone

Hope your having a great day. Mines been pretty good. My wrist is feeling better today. I've not had that sore of a wrist since before I had surgery on my left wrist. But I'm not having the numbness during the night luckily. I hate that. You can't just lay there and shake away the numbness, you have to get up out of bed, or at least thats how it was for me.

HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE!!!!!

I got candy and a cute card. Not that I need the candy, right now I'm about ready to gag from having to much of it today.

Skeeter, I see you are on line right now, probably posting the same time as me. I tell you, I really think they need to revamp the judging of the ice skating. I think what happened is really pathetic. Its just a gut feeling but when I saw Russian couple get up on the medal stand, I just felt they knew who should of won and it wasn't them. As they stepped up there and I saw their faces, it was like I knew they knew. Canada definetly outskated them. They were perfect and I don't know how anyone could of missed that good of a performance. Oh!!! I want to see the US win the gold in the mens but MY guy is #1 right now. Is he good or is he good!!!! Love that guy's skating.

Marlana, thanks for starting the thread. I guess $160 isn't to bad to get your puter back. I've got to have more memory installed one of these days. I know that will help the way this thing runs and I'm sure I'm going to need more added to my hard drive one of these days. I'm just trying to hold off as long as I possibly can. So far everything is going ok with this thing, I've not gotten that blue screen for a few days.

Tobey, gosh, up at 5:30 and running and getting to work by 8:30. Sheesh, I guess that is what you call discipline. Thats great. Oh, I got some news, I'll tell you about it after I post to everyone.

Tainia, welcome to our little group. We are always glad to get newbies and I think you will like us. I think we've all grown close and consider each other friends even tho we've not met in person. I love coming here. Its usually the first site I visit when I go on line.

Marybeth, Oh, I know how you are feeling. I know that out of control feeling, and not just out of control with the food, your whole life feels out of control. I hope your Dr's visit helps. When I start not sleeping, well, that usually means I'm headed towards a depression and I have to do something about it before it gets really bad. I'm really sorry about your job and I hope you can find something else soon. Hopefully they offer you a decent severance package.

Did I miss anyone? Hi Sally.

Oh, my news is dh found another job and starts Monday. He is very happy and so am I. Whew, thats one worry off my mind. Oh, we got our notices today at work that all employees under the Governor have to take what they are calling a "furlough" or temporary layoff day because the states budget is in horrible shape. I say its too much spending on the Governors part, building things that dont need building, starting programs we don't need, etc. You know what I mean. Anyway, the union is fighting it but we had to pick a day or they'd of picked one for us. I don't mind. If it saves jobs, then its worth it. But if they still intend major layoffs, then I say "shame on the Governor and our government reps"!!!!

Well, I've mouthed off enough. Gotta finish dh's favorite dinner, Tacos. Take care everyone.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:30 PM   #4  

Default So much to tell

Hey ladies, I just want you all to know that I have missed you very much. Ok, a lot has gone on over the last couple of months. Let's see where to start. If you all remember I work with mentally ******ed adults. And I think I told you about my cleint I was most proud of Jeff. Well he go sick the first of December. I had been off Monday, Tues., and Wed., I got back to work on Thurs., and they were telling me that he had not been feeling well. Break time came and I could not get him to eat ( Very unusual for him, he ate everything and wanted more) well lunch time comes still he eats nothing. Friday, he kept trying to lay down. She still would not eat but would drink so I kept drink for him. By lunch he was throwing up. They finially sent him home. To make this a little shorter, On tues the next week he is still throwing up so they take him to the Dr. He lets the Dr. take some blood ( very strange he is afraid of Drs.) Wed morning his skin has turned gray and they take him to the emergency room. He gets there and is in a semi-diabetic coma. His blood sugar is over 1000 ( not 100, 1000). They tried everything but his organs had already started to shut down. We lost him on that Thursday. It really hit me hard. Then right after christmas my adopted grandfather died. I went to the doctor and he put me back on wellbutrin. Then the first of last month (Jan) our house is broken into and they stoled everything. Including the computer. So I have been unable to get online So with all I have been dealing with and belive me this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is more but I will not go into it right now. I have put on weight. I have done nothing but eat. I don't know how much I have gained I am afraid to get on the scales.
So I guess I will not bore you all anymore right now, but I hope to hear from you all soon.
Teresa

P.S. My new email address is [email protected]
Old 02-14-2002, 07:45 PM   #5  
Senior Chick

Exclamation

Happy Valentines Day Everyone.

I had a great day with hubby today but I did awful on my food. The only good thing that I did was start my day with a two mile walk. I didn't eat breakfast or lunch after that because hubby had me running around all day visiting with our neighbors and friends. He and our friend decided to take us girls out to an early dinner so it was good that I hadn't already used up a bunch of calories.

Marlana~I did as you suggested and stayed out of chocolate today. My husband controlled his desire to purchase another box of chocolates this year too. I took a box of those Hershey Pot of Gold chocolates to Orlando last weekend and left them there to get them out of the house. That box had been here since Christmas and was really starting to call out to me. I can't believe that you just got your computer fixed only to have your keyboard die. I sounds like a conspiracy to me. I still haven't had the time to work on my contract but at least I have been thinking about it. I hope to have something to post by this weekend.

Marybeth~I'm so sorry that you either have to move or lose your job. That gives you the right to come here and vent as much as you want. If I remember right, you just bought the house that you are in not so long ago and it is on a lake. I can sure understand why you wouldn't want to leave. Dayton is right next door to my home town. The weather there is much colder than where you live. I spent a year in Woodbridge, Va while my first husband was at Ft. Belvoir and it didn't get nearly as cold as southern Ohio. If you are going to drink, you picked a great one. Irish Crème is my favorite.

Tobey~Your post gave me good chuckle. I heard on the news today that a second gold medal will probably be awarded to the Canadian couple. That is such good news because they skated perfect and deserve it. Tonight is the finals for the men and I am eager to watch. I am also looking forward to the ladies. Michelle Kwan is my favorite. We still have another birthday to get through next week and 6 in March.

Taina~Welcome to the boards. You will be sure to find all the support that you need here. There are a lot of super nice ladies all over these boards willing to listen and help.

JoJo~Hope that your wrist feels better so that you can enjoy your evening with your dh. Have you been watching the skating? The finals for the men is on tonight. I am cheering for Alexi and Timothy.

I hope that you all have a wonderful and loving Valentine evening. Stay out of the chocolates.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:01 PM   #6  
Senior Chick

Angry

There was three of us posting at the same time.
JoJo~Alexi is your favorite skater too isn't he? It is almost time for the Olympics to start so I have to hurry. I'm glad that your wrist is feeling better. Go Alexi Great news about your dh new job. I'm sure that was a better Valentine present that the box of chocolates.

Teresa~It sure is good to hear from you again. I'm so sorry about your grandfather and all your other bad luck. I have also gained back all the weight that I had lost and my only excuse is partying and having too much fun. I hope to get back OP tomorrow and start eating right again. We have missed you and are so glad to have you back with us. Try to come back in often.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:34 PM   #7  

Good evening gals. From the looks of things, you'd swear I've been gone for weeks. There were sooo many posts to catch up on. I don't have it in me to post to everyone tonight. Maybe in the morning. Yesterday was class all day, then my yoga class in the evening. I'm still very glad that I signed up for it. Today I spent the day with my preceptor for my care management practicum. She works alot with the open heart patients. It was fairly interesting. I suppose it is one career avenue I might consider. I'll have to see how the rest of the semester goes. I did have an incident this morning though. I usually don't eat breakfast in the morning. With working 2nd shift, I eat just before work, 1pm, at work if I get a chance, and then when I get home about midnight. Anyway, this morning I was standing in a room working on pre-op teaching with a patient and just about passed out. Turned out to be a low blood sugar. Then I felt pretty wiped out for a few hours. I guess I'm gonna have to try to pace myself a little, and at least have a glass of moo juice in the morning. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's.

Jen
Old 02-15-2002, 11:14 AM   #8  

Good morning all

I am sooo tired this morning. I had a hot date last night . It was the best Valentine’s Day ever. We through the picnic blanket on the floor last night for dinner and we stayed there until 11:00 pm. But I ate and drank too much Dh bought me a dozen long stem roses and some Godiva chocolate truffles (all that is left now is the box!). It was fun – we used all of our picnic gear – plastic plates, plastic glasses, the works! The cat also thought it was great that we spent the whole night at her level. We even put the roses on the floor with us.

Marlana: Sounds like you are doing fantastic! Way to go! Did you buy a special keyboard? I am going to have some quiet time this weekend. Dh has to work for a few hours on Sunday. I am looking forward to it. As part of a surprise for our 5th anniversary I am putting together a scrapbook. We met in 1990 and have saved a lot of little tidbits through out the years. I have stubs from concerts we went to in university, cards from flowers he sent, really bad pictures of us, etc… But it is really hard to find time to work on it because dh is always around! Unfortunately I didn’t read your Valentine’s warning until this morning – I think I almost OD’ed on chocolate last night!

Jojo: I’m very glad to hear that your wrist is feeling better. I didn’t realize that you had to have surgery for it before. I know what you mean about the candy. I don’t I could even look at a piece of chocolate today. As part of dinner, I made a double layer chocolate cake – the recipe is actually called Total Eclipse Chocolate Cake. We only had two small pieces last night and then I brought the rest in to work. The guys are have just inhaled it. CONGRATULATIONS TO HUBBY! That didn’t take long at all! Good for him! We had days similar to what you are describing here in Ontario in the mid 1990’s. They were called “Ray Days” after the Premier who implemented them. It affected any provincial employee (i.e. nurses, bus drivers, etc.) and you had to take 3 (I think) unpaid days a year. It very unpopular and didn’t last very long. Oh tacos for dinner! We are having fajitas tonight.

Teresa: Hey – welcome back! I’m so sorry to hear about Jeff. I can’t even imagine what you must have gone through. That is an incredible story. Oh dear – I just finished reading your post. Your grandfather passing away and your house being burglarized. What an awful time it has been for you. I can’t even imagine that there is more. Please stay in touch with us and let us know how you are doing and if there is anything we can do. We are all here to support each other.

Skeeter: Glad you had a nice day with your hubby too. Sounds like we had similar days good times – bad food. Did you say 6 birthdays in March?!?!?!? Wow! As I think I mentioned yesterday was my BIL’s birthday. Well you know what, he such a guy he got me a gift!! I came in this morning and there was an e-mail from him with a link. I click on the link and find out that he has bought me a 12 month subscription to Runner’s World What a sweetheart!

Jen: Jen, Jen, Jen ….. I have a lecture coming on about the importance of eating breakfast but you are a nurse and you already know so I’ll just keep quiet. I guess it is great that your school exposes you to different areas that you would normally get to see. So if you did make a shift, you have a better idea what you are getting into. Working with open-heart surgery patients sounds very tough. That must be emotionally and physically draining. Did you get to spend some time with bf yesterday?

Guess that’s all for now. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Tobey
Old 02-15-2002, 12:19 PM   #9  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well as Valentine’s Day goes mine was not as romantic as one would hope, I was under the weather and stayed in bed...by myself, except when the cats joined me...most of the day sleeping. Hubby was very happy with his stuff cabbage and has been eating if for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My counseling session today went very well, she thinks the Wellbutrin is just not working and advised that I discuss with my Doctor going back to the Zoloft. I’ve got a call in now as I’ve still have some Zoloft from last year when we transitioned me to the Wellbutrin to see if I can just start to reverse the process.

Mom has agreed to move to the assisted living facility we found. She missed taking some of her important Meds last week and has fallen this week twice, luckily she didn’t break any bones. So, this weekend we start packing what she wants to take and will actually move her next weekend. She is still on the waiting list for a 1-bedroom apt. but they have what they call an alcove apt. available right away. I thing between her Doctor’s appointment last Monday and all that’s happened this week she sees that staying alone is just no longer an option.

Tina, WELCOME! So glad you decided to join us! This is a wonderful group of ladies that I have come to feel as if they are my rock, they are always here when you need them the most!

Jo Jo, I’m so glad hubby has found another job, it gives me hope that I will have something all lined up before my last day with MeadWestvaco. That’s ‘The Plan’ as hubby and I have come to call it. Get a new job and start right after my last day here so that I can collect the ‘restructuring’ benefit and basically double dip for 2 months. That money would go a long way towards the new roof we need. We’ve been in the house now 12 years – hard to believe we built the house in 1999. How time files when you are having fun!

Teresa, welcome back! And I thought I was having a bad couple of months. I know where you’re at girlfriend. I’ve been struggling with depression for years and just when I think I’ve got it under control something happens [or as lately many things all at once] and I take that spiral downward. But as I said earlier my session with my counselor went well and now I’ve just got to get the Meds. readjusted and work on my ‘Plan’!. Hang in there, things do get better.

Well I know I’ve missed some of you, but it’s lunchtime and I promised my coworker that I’d go on time today, she has to be out of here for a lunchtime appointment at 1:30. Any way hope everyone has a great weekend, mine will be busy for sure. Monday is a holiday and I plan to work on the taxes and my resume.

Marybeth
241/185.4/160
Old 02-15-2002, 02:15 PM   #10  

Hi All

I just had to share this.

If you are feeling click here:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/bear.swf

Tobey
Old 02-16-2002, 12:25 AM   #11  

Hello,

Its a little late for me but I wanted to post and then read, if I can stay awake, that is. I didnt sleep very well last night. My mind was very busy for some reason.

Dh is getting excited about starting his job. I'm so glad he got something. I just didn't think he'd find something this fast because it seems like unemployment is high around here. Well, I'm really glad it happened this fast.

Tobey, thanks for the link. That was so cute and I'm going to send it to some friends. I'm really beginning to wonder about my wrist. It felt better yesterday but it got sore today at work. If its the carpal tunnel, I sure don't miss the numbness that usually goes along with it. I'm just going to take some anti-inflammatories to see if that helps me. I'm sure not anxious for anymore surgeries. I've had enough to last me.

Marybeth, I've taken zoloft and it helped except I didn't sleep very well while I was on it. Sleeping has always been a problem for me. Once I'm asleep I'm ok, but its getting to sleep is whats hard for me. Thats really good your mom is moving into a place where she will have help. My mom was so darned stubborn and totally refused anything like that. I'm sure you will find another job and it would be great if it came along right after you left this job. I think I'd enjoy a little double dipping myself.

Skeeter, Alexi was so good last night. I think he deserved to win even tho I'd of loved to see the US guys take the gold. Least we got a medal out of it. You know, I think I was a little hard on the Russian couple. I thought they knew they didn't do as well but then I found out they hadn't seen the Canadian performance and they really did think they'd done the best but were confused by the reception they got when they went out to the medal stand. They are victims in this also. I've seen them skate other times and they are really good. Yes, Alexi is my very favorite. I just think he is a doll. I know I'm old enuff to be his mother but ****, I'm not dead and I can still look!!!! And believe me, I do look!!!!

Jen, whats a "precepetor"? Never heard that word before. I'm sure it has something to do with your classes, it just sounds like it would. Sounds like you've been busy.

Teresa, we've missed you to and its good to see you again, well, not actually see you, you know what I mean. I'm so tired I'm getting silly. Thats really sad about your client and having all your stuff stolen. You can vent here anytime you want as we support each other in more than just food matters. I hope things start turning around for you and you feel better soon.

Marlana, no Marlana???? Where are you? Hope you get used to your keyboard soon. I got one of those ergonomic ones and I love it. I even bought one for work.

Well, I'm going to get off here otherwise I'm going to fall asleep right here. Take care everyone.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:57 AM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

My face is red, I posted this yesterdsy on the last board. So here it is!!!!
Wrote on Feb. 15th.
Good Afternoon Ladies~~Boy I thought I would never get to turn on my puter today. I had to do a good cleaning of my living room today the way I used to do it. You know dust everything and make it shinny and pretty. Also got to getting creative too. I'm just doing things as I come to them and its working out so well. However I am very tired. I'm staying up at night until the Olympics go of and that makes for not enough sleep.

Tobey~~ I am so upset about the little couple skaters that got cheated out of their gold medal, It was so clear who won that medal. Can you believe it, the damn judges cheat. Boy I can't believe it, you run 5 miles before work. Just proves we can do it if we set our minds to it.I must have my reminder unchecked on my puter. I'm sorry, I missed your birthday, will you forgive me. Hey hard for hubby to forget your birthday. I bet your dinner last night was a fun fest, I hope so. I can just see you all decked out in red yesterday, Oh to be so small.

Skeeter~~Girlfriend if your back to walking again that is a very good beginning. You have so many things going on all the time. What has happened, you didn't use to go this much. Girl didn't you know that food has a very quite voice that only compulsive eaters can hear, you know like a dog and sharp noises. I'm having a real hard time getting used to this new keyboard. Almost like the other one but the feel is different.

Marybeth~~Sorry to hear about your job. It just seems like a person can never get ready for something like that. I was shocked when you said you had been drinking, I don't know why. But I do admire how honest you was about it, most of us would have kept that a secret. I sure understand why your out of sorts. Man what a blow. You will come out of this funk, we always do. Who knows maybe you'll find a much better job. You can dump any time you want to, that's why we are here. You take care of yourself, and don't you stay out of here too much, we will worry about you, DO YOU HEAR ME???? I took zoloft one time a few years ago, I finally took myself off. I thank a person should take something if they need it. And for God's sake don't compare your romantic like to that of Tobey, that girl always has something up her sleeve along the lines of romance. I'm glad your mom is going to live somewhere else, it's just some added stress off of you. She will be fine there and will end up being happy there too when she gets used to it.

Jo Jo~~I am so glad your hubby has found a job, and working with trucks should be a pretty steady one, they will always be needed.I hate that numbness at night too. Right now mine has let up some. In the spring when I go out and start working again, it will flare up again. It didn't cost me anything to get my puter fixed, the warranty I bought paid for it. I did have to buy the new keyboard, but it only cost 9.49, can you believe they sell them that cheap.Good attitude about the days furlough, use it for yourself and enjoy the day.
Terasa~~I thought you was gone for good. So glad to see your post roll up. My Lord girlfriend, what else could happen to you. I hope insurance paid for all your stuff. Sometimes it is hard just to be on line friends. Sometimes I feel the need just to hug someone, that's how I feel right now, I would just like to hug you and say we've all gained weight, don't worry about what you have gained, it can be lost again. "This to shall pass." We care about you, just keep coming in.

Jen~~I know what it feels like for blood sugar to drop out. When I'm eating right and losing weight I have to watch what I eat for breakfast or mine will drop out in about an hour after I eat. I have not eat any starch or sugar at all the first meal of the day. But after that I'm OK. My blood pressure seems to be getting better early mornings. Maybe its because the meds are really getting built up in me, maybe because I have a better attitude, or maybe because I'm eating much less and eat less salt. It was 156\80 this morning, beats the heck out of 177\97 doesn't it??

I thank I got everyone, sure hope so. OH I got a new camera like Skeeter got but I haven't had time to learn to use it yet. I don't thank I told you all yet, but I found a 20.00 bill yesterday, so run onto this camera and put 30 to go with it and bought it. I hope it works, Skeeter's does. Until tomorrow, be good to yourself.
Teresa...the attachment is for you.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:00 PM   #13  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Afternoon AGAIN~~I don't seem to be getting in here until afternoon anymore. I guess as long as I make it in it's good. I'm just getting so organized here you wouldn't believe it. I just put up a cork board beside my puter so I can put things up there that I need to remember but can't...like I printed out all the little faces so I would use them more, since I write out of my outlook express.....see just had to glance over and see what to type. Maybe I will learn them if I use them enough. I'm having a good day. Had or have a problem with one of my fish. Goldie...A Platy was acting funny this morning so I put her in a net basket so the other fish couldn't bother her. She is having babies, but I thank she is having a problem with it, she isn't acting too well. I only seen one of them and the next time I looked it was gone, she's had lunch. What a bad mom, she should feel bad. I'm having a good time with this little camera, I'll just have to get some good pics of my fish tank and show you all.

Jo Jo~~ I was here yesterday, I was just living in a state of confusion. I started the thread and then when I got ready to reply I replied to the wrong thread. It is very good that dh found a job so fast. Men have a need to feel like they are the main money maker for the family. You know men, they are strange little fellows. The time off would have been nice, but he will be more satisfied working. I just got a plain ol keyboard. I was so glad when they decided to give the Canadian's a gold medal too. They won it.

Tobey~~ I don't thank I mentioned it to you yesterday but I was wanting the little couple from Canada win the skating, I got so mad when they got the silver. They will get lots of money now though. Now it's going to be a different story when the girls hockey game is played between US and Canada. By the way I checked out the link you posted and I tried to send it and it wouldn't let me. I will try again, it's really cute and a good thing.

I'm trying to do some sewing so I better get back at it. Have a great week end girls. I am!!!!
Old 02-16-2002, 08:26 PM   #14  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone.

I have been so busy the last few days and really need some time to myself. My dh is sick again with bronchitis. I also woke up with a sore throat and sneezing this morning. It's like a duplicate of a couple of months ago when we were both sick. I have been taking my vitamins every day so maybe it won't get any worse.

Marlana~Well, I can sure tell a difference in your daily attitude since you got in control again. It sounds like you are in control of all aspects of your life right now. Congratulations, girl. I got both of my dogs groomed in the last 2 days. My friend that taught me how to groom them came over both days and did the actual haircuts after I bathed and brushed them. She did it a little different than I do and they look very classy right now. No pom poms or painted nails. These are country poodles and they don't go for all that sissy stuff. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your fish. Maybe you can get some of the babies. I haven't taken anymore pictures with mine yet. One of these days, things will calm down around here and I'll have more time to play with the camera and the photo program.

Jen~I can't seem to make myself eat breakfast either. For the past week I have been forcing myself to eat a small bowl of oatmeal in the morning. I am trying to get my metabolism to kick in. Have you ever tried any of those breakfast bars? Some of them are really good. Maybe just a little snack like that would keep your blood sugar up in the mornings.

Tobey~I am so glad that your romantic evening turned out as well. It sounded great. My only problem would be sitting in the floor for very long. When I was young, I wouldn't have believed that just sitting in the floor would cause so much pain in the bones. Getting old sure keeps me entertained with surprises. You really have a cool BIL. He sounds like a keeper. That was the cutest little teddy bear.

JoJo~It was a thrill to watch Alexi skate and see him win. He is one good looking boy, and with a romantic accent too. (We all look) Timothy is good and I am so glad that he got the bronze. I think that Plensenko has an attitude problem and although I have enjoyed watching him skate, I don't care to watch him off the ice. It was also very good news that the Canadian pairs skaters are going to get he medal that they earned. Let's just hope that the problems with these voluntary judges is addressed and fixed. Scott Hamilton suggested hiring judges that are impartial. That sounds good except, where do you find the impartial judges? I'll bet you are very relieved that your dh found a job and he is starting so soon.

The Olympics are on again so I better go watch. Y'all have a great weekend.
My friend took a picture of me and the boys at about 25 miles an hour the last time we went 4 wheeling. This is on the entrance to a state park where we had lunch. We reached it by back trails through some very thick woods. It was 16 miles one way. She rode on the back of my husbands 4 wheeler to get this picture of the boys with their ears blowing back that way. They love to ride this way when the ground is flat. They are wearing harnesses and leashed in so that they can't fall out of that basket.
Old 02-17-2002, 12:21 PM   #15  

Good (??) morning. I was hoping to get in here yesterday to post, but I never quite made it. Of all things, my bank has something screwed up, or I do and I just can't find the error, but I've bounced checks this week when I should have plenty of money in the bank. This happened a couple of years ago and I sat down with someone from the bank and we couldn't find the mistake so she just gave my account what I thought that I had. Now they send your check book register to be checked by someone at the corporate office, out of town. I'll never win this time. I almost wish I could find a mistake I made and fix it. I guess I'll just be out the money (about $200). I'm gonna look for a new bank this week. Enough of this crap.

I didn't get to spend any time with dear bf this Valentines. I spent the day (12 hrs) at the hospital. What a great day, huh? And now I'm working all weekend. Tuesday we are going out though, dinner and George Carlin (a famous comedian.) We have 3rd row tickets, so that will be good. I'll need a good laugh.

I may also have to find time to get into the doctor this week. My legs swelled up, starting on Friday. I didn't eat anything loaded with slat, and I'm not anywhere near pms. Sometimes I feel like I'm an old woman. And last night my hip hurt so bad I had to take one of my pain pills leftover from my surgery just to get to sleep. But boy did I sleep good!

Skeeter- I hope you and your husband start to feel better soon. I suspect the vitamins will help. I think I'm going to try either milk, yogurt, eggs, or a protein bar in the morning. I don't want any "quick sugar" . I'll have to get to the store and take a look at the bars.

Marlana- Your blood pressures are doing much better. I've got a "rough draft" of my contract with myself, but that is as far as I have gotten. I had a couple of good days with food, but yesterday was only fair. I'll have to try again today! As long as I keep myself busy (not a problem) I do better.

Jojo- Congrats on your husbands new job. It's great for him that he wasn't off work for very long. A preceptor is like a trainer type person. I follow her around all day, see what she does, and she is actually going to have me doing some of the teaching and assessments by the time she is done. It's almost like she's training a new employee.

Tobey- I have plans to start breakfast, especially on my early days. I ended up having half of a glazed donut and milk that morning at the hospital. I'll let you in on a little secret about how men handle open heart surgery. The ones who do the worst emotionally are the ones who's wives waited on them hand and foot. We got one guy who just hangs his head. It's really pathetic sometimes.

Marybeth- I can't think of anything (well almost) better than in bed with cats on valentines. Ohh, that sounds weird. But I love to fall asleep with a cat purring next to me. I can only imagine how much cabbage for breakfast lingers through the whole day! It's always hard trying to transition someone from complete independent living to assisted. I hope the move goes well for you and your mom.

Well, I guess that's about it for today. I've got to go finish laundry and do some homework before working today.

Jen
Closed Thread