Old 03-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #1  

Default plateaus (sp)

Hey
I started Atkins right after the super bowl, I have lost about 25lbs or so since then but now I seem stuck. I have 100more lbs to lose, so i should be able to keep going. I just dont get it...

I am still eating the same no more increase in carbs i want to stay on induction as long as i can, I increased my water and decreased my soda...any ideas?l
erinlyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hiya Erin

Congrats on the 25lb loss!!!

My suggestions,

1. elimiate all soda
2. double up your water (I found when I started getting way down in lbs, the more water I drank the more lbs came off weekly)
3. you may be getting to many calories, switch up your eggs for example, make scrambled eggs with 1 whole egg and 2 whites, use lower fat bacon bits instead of regular bacon, eat leaner meats like chicken and fish.

Sometimes just changing things up a bit is enough to get things going again, because your body is used to what you are doing....so its coasting kwim?

4. if you havent already start exercising......if you have, bump up the intensity a bit.

You should see changes in your weight in the next week if you do this.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #3  

Congrats on the loss so far! You might also pay attention to how your clothes are fitting when you see a stall on the scale. I have found that when the scale isn't moving, I am still losing inches.

Take care,
Julie
LadyJulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #4  
where did she go?

S/C/G: S267/C253/G150

Height: 5'5

Make sure you are taking in enough fat as well.
want2Bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #5  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

I agree with all the ladies above, just like exercise, our bodies need changes in food. i have found that when doing atkins, when i dont drink sodas, i do way better.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

I can't think of anything to add that hasn't already been said. DEFINITELY will stress the part where you should pay attention to your clothes (or measure yourself). Because the inches can still be coming off even if the scale doesn't move! WTG on the weight lost so far!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/sig/125

Height: 5'1

This is kinda off topic, but does anyone know why diet sodas can prevent weight loss or slow it down? I was under the impression that they were perfectly fine on Atkins. I gained about 4 pounds in one day (yesterday) and maybe eliminating sodas would help me. I drink about 5-6 a day!
Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:20 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Diet soda's contain artificial sweeteners (i.e. aspartame, Splenda) which some people are sensitive to and find it stalls their weight loss. They may also contain caffeine which can cause insulin spikes.

Hope this helps.

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote