Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/220/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi I need Help!!!

Hi, my name is Kandice. I'm 24 years old from Cut Off, LA. I lost 10 pounds and I can't seem to find something physical that I actually like. I need help. Any suggestions?

kanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

What have you tried? What sorts of things to you enjoy? More information would be helpful in figuring out something you'd enjoy.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

I hate exercise. But I really enjoy going for walks with headphones on playing my favorite songs. If you could get a mp3 or something like that and some comfy walking pants and a good pair of running/walking shoes. I used to wear a little pack around my waist for my phone/water keys whatever you need. And it was 'my time'. I have some problems with my left foot right now so I tend to do the stationary bike and I'm trying to get into that. But I don't enjoy it like a good walk. If it's too cold outside there are some good videos/dvds for walking programs. Check it out!
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/220/125

I have tried walking, the gym, exercise dvds, and exercising with the most peppy and annoying person i know--my sister. I thought about hiking and bike riding but there is not much in the way of scenery out here in the deep south. Any suggestions
kanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Dancing! Who doesn't like to dance. Don't do anything structured just move! Put on some great music (mine would be 80's) and shake your bootie. That's what Kirstie Alley did. Of course she hired some hot dance instructors...talk about motivation. She even wore heals! Make it fun!

T
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Hi Kandice,

Sometimes you just need to "fake it 'till you make it." This means that you force yourself to participate in some activity you might not love until you find one that you do like.

So, maybe you'll go for a walk several days (4-5x) this week. And maybe you'll hate it -- BUT you're still being good to your body and helping to reach your weight loss goals. Keep at one activity until you think of another one you'd rather try.

Stay with this pattern -- switching it up every once in a while but always doing SOMETHING -- until you find something you really do enjoy.
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

I walk in my backyard, not too motivational but safe and my cute little chihuahua is safe from bieng run over, stil I take my music and just spend the time trying to relax, enjoy being off the chair and it helps thinking how good it is for your body and mind!

What I love most is swimming, but it's still too cold for that yet so walking is easy for me and doesn't require equipment, money and just basically a little of your time, i've tried some routines for building muscle but I'm too lazy :P
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #8  
McPheever! Yey!

How about Yoga? Pilates? Or maybe Dance Dance Revolution? My friend lost around 30 pounds from playing this game.
killmisspiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #9  
40 lbs to go

S/C/G: 207/186/150

Height: 5'6"

I faked it big time. I had purchased a gym membership while I was still pregnant with my last ( I got a deal through work) And when my baby was 10 months old I decided to use it. I fgured out how many times I needed to go in those last 2 months to make the cost worth it and went. And I started to feel stronger and could go longer faster on the elliptical. Now I am working with a personal trainer who is brutal and I hate it while I am doing it but love how I feel after.

How do you feel when you are done working out? Maybe try focusing on that, instead of the workout. Even Oprah has admitted she hates excercising!
Cindy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #10  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

exercise dvds!!
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote