Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and ChitChat #242.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #2  

Would stick around a little bit but I need to take the dog to the vet this morning....he's getting his teeth cleaned again!!

Have a great morning and remember: It's FRIDAY!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Jules~ I know it! My 19 year old daughter has been living in LA for 8 months now. I go through periods of not hearing from her for a long time. It's horrible. I miss her!

Ladies I'm back down plus .25~ NEW LOW for me. Yeah! I also exercised! I went 25 minutes on the stationary bike here. It really burned but I want to lose those inches. I feel slimmer too. The funny thing is my digital scale was right for the first time..darn it. I was down 3 pounds on the digital and 1.25 on the true scale. haha! For once I wanted it to be wrong. Oh well....maybe when you get closer to your actual goal it gets more accurate.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Good Afternoon ladies-
I have had a major case of the grumpies this week. I was going to quit my job, but I think I have changed my mind again. I really have it made schedule wise, which is about the only good thing about it. I don't know.

I have been able to get over my goal in exercise this week. :-)

We are experiencing flooding in our area. Anytime there is much rain our property floods. Well it poured all night and we woke to water almost to the house. We turned the sump pump back on and there is water at ground level under the house. We have a major issue with this too! Anyhow, all of us had to have our rubber boots to get to the van. I drove the kids to the end of the driveway and the water is so high I had to deposit them in the middle of the road before it was dry so that they could get on the bus. I have to leave in a few min to go get them so they don't have to wade calf deep water to get in the house. I HATE living here!!!! They say there are more storms coming and this part of Indiana is in a flood watch.

SUE- I live near Kokomo.

Sassy- hope you are feeling better

Way to GO Onmyown!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #5  

Jodi I think a flood would cause anybody to feel grumpy. With all you have to do on a daily basis with the family ~ lets just add a flash flood! Wow! You're pretty amazing to handle all of that! Hang in there ~ it'll get better I'm sure. Good job on the exercising too!

I just want to make a note here. I'm finally taking care of myself. It's been so long since I've done this. Yesterday I went for the FIRST pedicure ever. And i've been tanning and this morning I felt a lot lighter and I took a long bath and put aloe lotion all over and my toes looked so pretty! It felt really good. I think it's amazing that I'm feeling this good when I still have so much weight to lose. I used to always say i'd to such and such 'when I lose the weight'....It's nice not to have to wait.

Ok...better get back to reality and books. haha!

Tina
Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #6  

Tina- you know I am always saying when I lose weight I am going to....

Why do we feel like we can only do it when we lose weight????

I keep telling my hubby that when I lose weight I am getting my belly button pierced and a tattoo on my hip. He tells me I am NOT doing either. Heck I think if I can get 50 lbs off I should be allowed to do any darn thing I want! hmph

Thanks for the comments, it lifted my spirits :-)

Tomorrow my daughter has a band contest and then we have to go to mother in law's bday party. I absolutly DREAD that. I can take her in small doses and it's been awhile since I saw her, but when my youngest brother in law and his kids are there, that's when I can't handle it very well because my mil just drives me crazy with those kids! I don't want to go, but it will prob cause a fight if I refuse... what to do....
Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday JL's. I hope someone, somewhere is having sunshine. Like Jodi we are having rain, rain and more rain. UGH!
I had a good day even though I did the ironing. My least favorite job ever. I also got my hair cut, which feels so much better. Then I cleaned out some clothes for Goodwill and did a load of laundry.
Managed to get in a 25 minute walk before the rain started again...we walked as long as it just drizzled, but once I got wet I was DONE.
Eating was really OP today...makes me feel good! If I don't lose this week I sure don't know why!

Jodi- My in-laws live up closer to your area. We were actually supposed to head up there tomorrow, but are afraid of the flooding.

Tina- Way to go on taking care of YOU. Like most women I say I will do it "when I lose weight." I just told my friend yesterday that I am not buying Spring clothes until I lose weight. How silly is that? We still have to cover our bodies...can't go nude, or wouldn't want to. LOL I have never had a pedicure..and only once had a manicure.

Sassy, Mindee, Marti- Hi chickies...have a good week-end.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

nothing really new on this end.....just checking my email and things. I should probably head to bed but I needed to check my email. Seems like Marissa Lynne and Morgan Grace are in a tie for the baby name poll.

Not sure if my message made it through the other day, but we are going to be revealing her name on Sunday. So, if I don't make it on here to post, check out my siggy. I will at least update that for you all if I can't make it on here.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #9  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hi! May I join in?

I was looking around the site for a good place to call "home". This looks like it may fit, so I'll be joining in some.

I'm 44 (as of 3/18) and I want to be a reasonable weight by the time I'm 50. Right now, I'm about 230, but I can't find the scale. I'm not following a set program, I'm trying moderation and no candy to start with. (I'm looking around for a program as well, but I'm going to try baby steps this time around.) My weight loss pattern is to lose somewhere between 30 and 60 pounds and then gain that back plus 10 more! After doing that for about 20 years, you can end up with a heck of a weight problem!!

So, I need to adjust my attitude and make this a life-long thing.

Hope to have fun getting to know everyone!

Frances
Old 03-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #10  

Sue- the flooding isn't that bad, I wouldn't worry about it. Alot of ground flooding, yards, fields that sort of thing. Creeks are pretty high, but I don't know of any roads washed out.

Francis- you have found the right place!
So far I think you are on the right track... moderation and slacking on the candy can really help. Might help for you to keep a food journal. That way you can pinpoint some of your problem areas and figure out how to fix them. Something that I did recently was get an exercise buddy on this group to help me get started doing that cause I never wanted to do any. I don't know that it has helped me in losing, but I definatly feel better about myself. Each week I have been setting an exercise goal and meeting it feels good!

If you would want for me to be your accountability buddy, I would be more than happy to. I can help you figure out the direction you need to take and help you with your exercise too. I am no expert, just have tried every diet on the planet I think and I told my exercise buddy that I wanted to be an inspiration to someone like she was to me!!! Let me know if you are interested and we can chat. :-)
Old 03-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #11  

Good Morning Ladies! :Wave:

Frances--Hello and Welcome!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jodi--Good Job in reaching your exercise goals!! For me, exercise is key to seeing any weightloss. (makes it hard for me on my lazy days!)

Tina--What a wonderful feeling isn't it? I started feeling good to once I started concentrating on me and really taking care of myself. Keep up the great work.

Sue--We've been having wonderful Spring weather! The sun will shine and make everyone at work envious of all the ones that are outside working. Hope you see sunshine soon!

Mindee--I was first to pick a name. (the poll had only one when I chose it) I chose Morgan Alexis. I had many names for Jhanai when I was pregnant and Elexis was one of them. Elexis Monique, Nicole Sharae, Daphne Louise,....and the list went on.

Jules--How is your daughter doing? I can't imagine having a kidney stone. My sister dealt w/that last year....said it was not fun. Lots of hugs her way!

Sassy--I'm late w/this but really sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope your feeling much better. Hugs!

Jane--I hope you and Mary are having a fabulous time in Chicago!! Don't forget to bring me a souvenier!!

Judy--11lbs is great!! And in one month. Here I'm thrilled that I've lost 15lbs and it's been since October! I'm a slow loser, but I figured, as long as I'm losing, I'm happy.

Karin--Very typical of the man to lose weight no matter what they eat!! My hubby is the same. One week of eating less and more healthy and he'll lose twice as much as me! Crazy I tell ya.

Cristi--You must be busy busy busy, with all the moving and cleaning. I'm not looking forward to that at all, but I think when we start......I will be taking much less than what I own. I own tooooooo much crap!

Moimoi--How you doing?? 20 minutes is a great start! I started off doing only 20 minutes and even now I only workout 30-40mins. Still makes a difference. Keep up the great work.

Jen--Looks like you're doing great w/the exercise and eating right and staying away form cigarettes. Should feel good about it all. Being able to accomplish two things is a major milestone! You're doing fantastic.

And a great big hello to any one I may have missed! I tried my best to get you all.....so many of us!!

Ok...I need to get moving, need to go pick up my boy from the vet...he had 4 more teeth pulled....poor thing. Also have to meet up w/our agent guy to talk to our inspector....oh, did I mention we put an offer on a house?? Another reason I'm so busy lately.

Off I go, have a great weekend!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies

I think my comp is having PMS, gees...couldn't get into anything yesterday, so I wanted to come give a quick Hello to All before it decides to mess up again...It's raining, raining, raining but that is MUCH better than snow, blah!!

I fell down the rabbit hole and came out in ONEderland Wooo Hooo!!! LOL

Welcome Frances from another newbie

Have a Great Weekend Everyone, I'll be spending mine working on my comp

Pink Jane LOL
Old 03-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #13  

Height: 5'10"

Default happy saturday!

Just checking in to see what's going on... So far the week has been good. I had to go to my doctor on Thursday to get refills for meds, and I was down 6 lbs from when I saw him last month! So you can imagine I'm thrilled and completely over my frustration from last week...

Going out to dinner tonight to our fav restaurant with the usual suspects... They have a great selection of fresh fish, so as long as we stick to no starches, we will be okay.

Jodi: You are absolutely right about the "when I lose... when I lose..." mentality. Why should anyone wait?? Live for the day!! Of course, you have to work around your flooding... That just stinks. Hope it's getting better...

Tina: When do we get to see the new car? << I'm taking a spin in your car with you... ba ha ha!

Francis and Pink Jane:

Hope everyone else is doing well too!!

-Karin
Old 03-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #14  

I'll try to post it tomarrow. I feel today like I should be on the 'depression' thread. My hubby is being an A. Hole. I'm suppose to go to a party tonight and I don't feel like partying. My GF's just told me that they'd be sad if I DIDN'T go. So...we'll see. I hate this. I just want to go back to bed.

I have to clean tho. I'm feeling really blue today. Maybe I need to eat something. I used to just not eat when I was upset (and then make up for it later....eating crap) Ok...ladies have a good day.

T
Old 03-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Tina- Hope you perked up. I can relate to the husband part...although mine has been good today since I feel bad. Some days he is just a grump all day.

I felt bad all night and still weak and not much good today. Sooo, how to spend a SUNNY (finally) Sat. just lazing about. I am cold, then too warm. I sure hope it isn't the flu coming on.

Anyway...hi to everyone.....and Miss Marti...NO you did not mention you put an offer on a house. I want details..was it the one you had looked at without James? Tell us about it....or are you afraid to jinx it? If so ignore me. LOL
Closed Thread