Old 03-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5.6

Default How Far Backwards Did I Go?

Okay - I got Bronchitis - thought I was over that - but had a relapse or picked up another bug.... whatever - anyways - so I have been completely out of the exercise game for the past 9 days until today. I missed my weigh-in, because I am relatively sure that on some level I had to be dying - it sure as heck felt like it..... I have rescheduled that for this Saturday, I am a little scared about getting on those scales Saturday.

I am sore tonight - but it felt so good to be doing something - but it was a little rough.

Here is my big question - I have heard that if you don't exercise for so many days in row - it is supposed to set you back to the beginning. Does anyone if this true? Is it going to take long to get back to where I was fitness wise? Because I was honestly getting to the point where I was feeling so good, and I know I am not there right now.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #2  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Penney, I don't believe this to be true. Yes, you may take a little while to get back into full swing, but I doubt if you'll be like starting from scratch. I think you'll bounce back rather quickly.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #3  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

I had surgery last May and couldn't work out for almost a month or strength train for almost 2 months. The link to my blog is down at the bottom of this post. Check out last May through say July. Tell me what you think.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Yeah, you def. WON'T be starting from scratch!
Look, I haven't played competative sports for 6 years (and have only done cardio here and there since) and the nurse taking care of my after my last surgery looked at my calfs and was like "hey, what sports did you play?" and I said "what?" thinking, I haven't played in years and how do you know anyways to which she responded "you have definate muscle built up here, you clearly played some sports as a kid."
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #5  

Default All I can say....

Well - all I can say is Thank God!

Someone who "knows" was telling me that since I have not been at it for a "long time" that I would be starting over from scratch because it had been more than a week and that my fitness level would be down. I thought it sounded weird -but I had to make sure... because you just never know.

Anyways - Aerobics/cardio are out for now and I still can't jog (even though I was only jogging on the recovery boards at Curves) because even when I am just walking fast my lungs feel like they caught on fire and are ready to explode.

But other than that - I am feeling a lot beter.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #6  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

My X husband was a model for CK, he never worked out but did play football soccer, and he had a perfect body...and all the woman asked you must work out....It conditions you.......you Will be fine
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #7  

Libby - I went and checked out your blog and all I can say is you are amazing!!! Very awesome!

The lady who was talking to me has to be way off - because before I gained all of this weight - I did play a lot of sports. It has been about 8 years - but I do have muscle - maybe not as much as I used to, but it's still there.

Anyways - I am just glad that I asked - because I was really worrying that since I have only been back at it "seriously" for a couple of months that I was going to be really off track.

I really thought that it was strange what she was saying to me - it's not like I quit exercising for a couple of months - I was sick for several days and then I did not exercise for 9 days. I just could not understand where she was coming from - that was why I just had to ask.

I missed my weigh-in on the 16th - I making it up this Saturday. Hopefully - during all of my "lazy-days" I did not put on any or at least very much. I definitely did not have much of an appetite...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Penney, glad to hear the worst of the illnesses seem to have passed, at least enough so that you want to work out!

I went through the really heavy stomach flu about 6 weeks ago....you know, the one that kicks your butt for at least a week, not the little 24 hour thing. When I was able to drag myself back downstairs to the elliptical machine my muscles were fine, it was the rest of my body that said no way! It really took me a couple weeks to get over it all and have my workout built back up to where it was before getting sick, but again I stress that I don't believe it was a muscle issue. I would have to stop the workout because I was just exhausted. Hop back into your workout and you'll do fine. You may have to give it a few days or even a week or so until you feel 100%, but I don't think you should have any setbacks!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote