Old 03-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default eisoptrophobic kind of kine

My tiny baby did not get a scholarship for study abroad. He is down in the dumps as lcp gets money to travel all the time. She is going to Ecuador in a couple of weeks. Well, actually DS has $2,000 in this kind of scholarship put away for him when he entered the Univeristy but that's old stuff and he wants more. I think they didn't give him more as they want to give money to people who have no help. The whole cost is about $4,000 and he hasn't been accepted YET as he turned everything in late. Will he ever learn? Or will it continue to be a conspiracy against him?

I am getting used to young little critters saying they're old. Go ahead. I will get you back.

I really miss Shots.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ahhhhhhhhh that was a lovely party i had over at divine bovines!!! thank you so much--it's amazing the attention one can garner when one demands it!!! i did have a lovely day---flowers arrived,gifts were brought,phonecalls and e-cards were received----it's almost as if everyone was celebrating that THEY were fortunately NOT fifty!!!!!!A celebration of the misfortune of others!!! how novel!!!! just kidding---i had a great day and i am just glad that the hurdle has been knocked down{ i could never get over them without tipping } and i can get on with the business of decrepitude . why can't i write one sentence that doesn't end in a negative downturn---hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm must be my AGEhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-----wrapping up---thanks for all greetings---- and i am so glad that poor kiwonkers is over that unbelievably labour intensive sign-making----you need a vacation to recover!!!! we have the same nasty weekend you had and now there is a lovely light dusting of snow covering the ice so we can all fall down and crack our skulls-----------i hope you get that hip looked after--it's like having a toothache in your bones---horrible pain-----by the way---too bad i didn't know how ella started into her fifties---that might have been fun to try---except for the divorce--i like this dh.SEE YOU SOON!!!!! I AM IN MY EFFIN FIFTIES!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg march pictures--jack and bob and the cats 060 (Small).jpg (37.9 KB, 11 views)
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #3  
The magic shrinking cow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAGZIIEEEE!!!

Peachie, sorry your ds didn't get his scholarship.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:38 AM   #4  

Cow: Isn't it tough when our kids don't get what they want? AND when they half shot themselves in the foot, too? I'm finding out over and over that different people are motivated by different situations, and wounded by different situations. I'm trying to remember that we're all human, but have different strengths and weaknesses to apply to life's lessons.
Any new socks at your place?

Baggz: Belated best wishes. I just heard on TV that Diane Keeton and Goldie Hawn are 60+.. If they look that good, it's gonna be hard to get much sympathy for being 50.

Hope you all have a happy week and feel young.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:18 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Lightbulb Oprah sez: 50 is the new 30!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Bagzeeeeee! I was off somewhere drinking Cosmos (only one, I actually don't drink but sometimes I just happen to find a glass in my hand and don't want to waste it) and couldn't post. You are FABULOUS at 50. No doubt about that.

Well, I had a great, great, fun-filled weekend of laughing and whining. I was just imagining a get-together with you cows and I think it would have turned out the same. Now I have a headache and my voice is gone. Stayed up too late, ate Taco Bell (someone has military connections) and Doritos, drank Fresca and Dr. Pepper. Burp.

Scary stuff on the way home last night. We were already a half hour behind schedule, nothing new for the Deutsche Bahn, and about 8 p.m. the train stops suddenly in the pitch dark and the lady in charge announces in this shaky voice that there had been a group of children playing on the tracks(!!!!!) and that the train *might* have hit one of them so we had to stay put until they found out. She was trying to be professional but could hardly keep from crying, poor thing. Ooog. You can imagine the look of horror on the passengers faces thinking about a possibly dead or maimed child lying outside. Simply awful. After about 10 minutes they finally told us that no one had been injured and we took off again but the train driver had to go very slowly since he was in shock. I bet.

Today I have a headache. I need to get our stuff ready to go to Denmark on Saturday. I need to plan some Easter stuff since we get back the evening before Easter Sunday. Help.

Will catch up with y'all later and offer sympathy to ailing cows and cow offspring.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #6  
loves kleenex box art

Gosh, Sugar, that puts me in shock, too.

Thanks for all the sympathy for ds's scholarship. I must go take car to mechanic for a/c repair. Sob. $$$$
Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #7  

Just poppin' in here to wish Miz Bagzie a happy belated birthday. You'll always be younger than me, sweetie, so there. Lordy, lordy, I'm almost 51. Watch out. If you keep complaining of old age, Peaches will get really crotchedy.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #8  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

'Allo, you lovely herd, you -

This has been a very nasty weekend for moi. Dunno what the heck I've got going on, but started with a sore throat Thursday at work, and it just progressed from there to coughing, stuffed up and miserable. Stayed home today hoping I'd really start to feel better and be up and at 'em tomorrow morning, but I'm not so sure. I had some of my own (and therefore delicious, nutritious, and fresh) egg salad with some salad greens in a high-fiber pita for lunch, and was promptly...um....sick. Enuf said on THAT subject. Feeling cwappy, tho, and that's the truth.

Friday night it took DH FIVE HOURS to get home from Manchester, NH. Can you imagine? The roads were really awful. He missed the exit onto 495 because another car had skidded across it, and had to go all the way to 128 - almost to Boston - and from there to catch the 'Pike. Lawdy, Lawdy. On FRIDAY I was glad I was home sick. Today it's getting a little old. I'll be glad when he's working closer to home.

Sorry about DS's scholarship, Cowpers. Kids his age get disappointed over stuff like that, and I sometimes envy them because they're too young and inexperienced to know that there are worse disappointments in life than a trip not taken. Better they don't know that for as long as possible.

SO glad you enjoyed your 50th, Bagzz. I believe that Sug was right about Oprah's saying it's the new 30. (Easy for HER to say, of course). I think she's right, though. You probably haven't had any reason to look at ads for those upscale retirement communities (and all I do is look when I come across a magazine in the dentist's office) but it's interesting to me that all the women - and men, too, for that matter - in those ads look like they're 30, except they have silver hair. Kinda like Lane Bryant using all skinny models, yanno?

Glad, too, that your DD is safe and sound, Kiwi. Is there anything they can do medically for Bursitis? If I remember correctly, my mother used to have it in her shoulder and the Dr. gave her...hmmmm...was it Cortisone? shots.

Guess I'll lie down for a bit with a book and see if I can nap a bit. Might feel better when I wake up.

Take good care, all,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #9  

Sug-- Glad that children and train driver were OK.
I wish I were getting to go to Denmark. We met the nicest Danish cop and his wife and daughter on the airport bus in LOS ANGELES. He'd gone to some police convention held by the LA PD. They were from Jutland. Say hi to the little Mermaid if you get to Copenhagen.

To the rest... Cheers... no new news from here.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Will he ever learn? Or will it continue to be a conspiracy against him?

I really miss Shots.
Oh I think eventually he will learn that he can make things go better all by himself. It might take him a few decades...

Heard from Schatzi, she's recovering from ear surgery and laying low, hopes to be back in a week or so.

I think I can only answer one message at a time.

k
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Forgot to compliment Peachie on her esoteric sobriquet for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
- and i am so glad that poor kiwonkers is over that unbelievably labour intensive sign-making----you need a vacation to recover!!!! we have the same nasty weekend you had and now there is a lovely light dusting of snow covering the ice so we can all fall down and crack our skulls-----------i hope you get that hip looked after-
Yes, we got that dusting too, although it's blowing around like crazy now. Well, I went to the ER yesterday, because I couldn't get an appt. with my doctor. They told me exactly what I knew they would. I have bursitis, the x-ray was fine (of which I am glad, no arthritis..yet..), and here's an anti-inflammatory. Oh and they gave me vicodin, so now I can take that without feeling guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
I AM IN MY EFFIN FIFTIES!
There, now you're getting the hang of it.

Dh and DD went skiing today, up at Crabbe Mtn. I'd have come along for the ride if not for the stupid hip. I might even have driven a tad bit further just to go shopping at a certain lovely shop.... As it is I am sitting home hoping the drugs kick in, writing emails and posts, instead.

Kiwi
Old 03-20-2007, 09:17 PM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

Curiious about who Kiwi left a message for on last thread. Who was puzzled? we're all here? Explain this Ricky.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 AM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

'splaining: um. maybe schatzi?

ummmmmmmmm,, in my narcotic haze i was trying to help the poor and brainfogged?

okay you caught me .. i was leaving breadcrumbs for dusty jane.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

We don't normally give a link to the new thread which is inches away so I had to ask.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house