Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 05:57 AM   #1  

Exclamation Here we go again

Hello All,
I've been looking for a weight loss support forum and this looks like a good one I'm ready to go at it again and could sure use the support and ideas you all have. Just wanted to introduce myself before hitting the hay. I'll give the whole boring story another time.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:17 PM   #2  

Talking Weight loss support

It looks like we signed on about the same time. (member since Feb.2002) I hope to be successful losing weight.

My friends at school are dieting two days, and off the third. I don't know who came up with the "plan" but so far it is really working. On the third day you can't go wild and eat a loaf of toast and a fried hog....but you can enjoy some more treats. We are all on different diets too.

I will try to keep you posted if the success continues. I have lost 5 pounds (and $35.00 for a new bath room scales) so far. A friend has lost 6 pounds. Let me know you try, how you are doing!
Old 02-05-2002, 02:53 PM   #3  

Angry

Hi Sunny,
I like your name. The 2 on 1 off sounds like a good idea. I have dieted during the week and off the weekend and that seems to work pretty good too. As long as you don't go wild, like you said. I think I will be counting calories.

I'm a 57yo granny who had a heart attack 4 yrs ago. The last year has been very stressful and I found myself stuffing my face out of stress and depression. Needless to say, I've gained at least 30# more . I have decided enough is enough!

So, here we are. Getting ready to do this is a process in itself. We sold our house last spring and I don't even have a scale anymore, so I too will have to spring for a new one. I'll also have to get a calorie counter, unless someone knows where I could download one online. In the mean time, I'll just cut out the chocolate (auggggg) and junk food. Making up our mind to do it is the first step.
Old 02-10-2002, 10:26 AM   #4  

Talking Hello Retired

Hey I have posted on so many different pages I lost this one!. I really like the idea of being accountable to otheres. The fact that I don't know you personally makes it easier to admitt my weight, and any back tracking I do.

Would you believe that I have not back tracked, in any big way since I started. That is amazing. I have lost 7 pounds. Still weigh more than I did 9 months pregant! But soon I will weigh less.

Keep up your good intentions retired and come back to post so I can brag about how good you are doing!!
Old 02-14-2002, 08:46 PM   #5  

Wink retired

Dear retired!

I have lost one more pound. I am one pound closer to my goal. How are you doing??

I hope you are doing even better than me!
Old 02-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #6  

I just wanted to welcome you both to the board. I hope to get to know the both of you better.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:21 PM   #7  

Default akasha

Hi I am excited about losing weight. This time. I have told everyone that I am on a diet so I really have to stick to it or I will look like such an incrediable failure.

I have been dieting low cal. for two days and "off" on the third. As a way to reward myself. So far so good. I can diet for a couple days so long as I know that there is a day off. Then I can enjoy a piece of cake guilt free. (Not calorie free!) so you can't enjoy the whole cake.

Love North Carolina it's a beautiful state.

I really like having to come here and "fess-up" to any bad behavior. It also keeps me out of the kitchen.

Start 217
Today209
Been dieting for three weeks
Closed Thread