Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #1  
Losin' it forever!

Default Silly, but I have to share

This may sound simple and goofy but there is probably no one else in the world who will get it more than you girls will. My ticker shows that I really haven't lost that much yet in pounds (I'm due for another weigh in but am waiting another day or so due to that TOM just finishing up) but I can tell I've lost inches just because of how my clothes fit. But here is the silly-ish part....I feel AMAZING. I constantly shake my head at myself because I've been grinnin' and feeling all good and stuff. Even treated myself to new earrings today. I'm just not sure there is anything that can compare to the feeling of having more energy, feeling more positive...it's so hard to explain.

I just feel amazing!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Kimberly that is wonderful. I am glad you are feeling so well and I'm glad you decided to share that with us. You keep this up and pretty soon you'll be buying more then earrings, you'll be buying new clothes as well. Smaller ones at that. It really does feel amazing to stick to a healthy way of eating. The newfound energy is stupendous. It only gets better. I'm so excited for you. Go you!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I think that feeling is better then the scale moving. I know when I 'fall of track ' I feel awful but when I am taking care of myself I feel great even at the start of my lifestyle change. That is what keeps me going and exercising and now after 1 year I enjoy and cannot go without exercising, there are even days when i love exercising.lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #4  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

That's great Kimberly! I haven't reached the point of feeling more positive (another 15 lbs or so and I'll be right there with you though!) but I am experiencing more energy and it is a wonderful feeling!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #5  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

I know the feeling Kimberly. Way to go on all your successes!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Well said, Kimberly! I know that silly grinning all the time thing you're talking about because I have it too!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Great news Kimberly! Good for you!
I like hearing about the successes, so keep them coming. It helps keep me motivated to have my own!
Good idea of treating yourself to earrings!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yea, Kimberly!!! What a great post to read. I'm glad you are feeling good... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 233/218/175

That is so way not silly. I'm feeling the same way. Funny thing is, everyone I work with has noticed a change that's more in my personality then it is in my weight. Also I keep telling myself that muscle weighs more than fat so there might be times when muscles are building and fat is diminishing but you aren't losing a lot of weight.
Good luck with your weigh-in
Angelmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #10  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Isn't it a beautiful feeling? So this is what Cloud 9 is like?
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #11  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Kimberely,
Don't feel silly at all!! That feeling is better than weight loss. It shows a much healthier attitude toward life and no matter what the scale can ever say can do that for us. Only we can. (Does that make sense?)
Anyway, keep that feeling because at the end of the day it is how you *feel* that matters more than what the scale or tape measure can tell.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #12  
Losin' it forever!

Thank you all! I SO knew you guys would get it!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Definitely not silly at all, when i first started, I felt better immediately...before I really even started losing! Just by changing what I was eating from constant takeout 3-4 times a day, the equivalent of 2 pots of coffee and alcohol on a daily basis to healthy portioned controlled food, 1 cup of coffee a day and very limited alcohol I immediately felt less bloated, had more energy, felt thinner, started sleeping better. It really is an amazing feeling...and excellent motivation!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #14  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Oh, Kimberly, that is awesome! I agree with all the other posters....just knowing what you are doing for your body makes you feel so much better about yourself and makes you so much more upbeat. That effect then snowballs and you want to move more, do more, eat better, and on and on and on! It's a fabulous train to be on, and I'm glad you're on it!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote