Old 03-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/300/130

Height: 5'4"

Question Rebounding anyone?

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone has tried rebounding as part of an exercise program? Successes? Failures? Any suggestions for a good rebounding workout dvd, by chance? I'm thinking of trying it in addition to my other stuff (weekly volleyball, racquetball, biking). It sounds like it would be both fun and a fairly aerobic yet low impact workout.

Thanks!
FilmGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #2  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I've never tried rebounding, but I've always thought about giving it a shot so I'm going to be interested in seeing what type of responses you get to your message. I do have a Bosu that I use for a few minutes each day to help increase my balance (I'm quite clumsy) and core strength, but it would be nice to have yet another exercise tool around.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #3  

Hi,

I just bought a Body Burner rebounder at Big Lots. I only have one "rebounder specific" dvd-G-Force by Tracie Long. I think it's too advanced for me at this point, though.

I use the rebounder for high impact parts of exercise dvds. I also use them during Leslie Sansone dvds-I do jogging intervals on there to increase the intensity.

If you go to collagevideo.com they have clips of rebounding workouts. Also the reviews sections at videofitness.com There is also an "everything rebounding" thread there.

If you would like me to post links, just ask.

Hope that helps-
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #4  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

I bought an Urban rebounder from HSN with a $30 off coupon. It was 79.99 delivered. It has been the best investment I have made as far as equipment goes. It is fun and the Urban Rebounder is so smooth. I have terrible arthritis and this doesn't hurt my joints at all. I use the videos that came with it but have more fun using my mp3 player and my own fast paced music. I have lost over 35 pounds since January 5th or so partly because of the new activity, partly because I am not eating flour or added sugar. All in all, it is a fun, heart pounding workout. It is not easy. I started out at 3 minute intervals, now I can go for 30 to 40 minutes at a time.

I know I sound like a commercial, I am just thrilled with the fun and results I have obtained. I couldn't promise that you would even like rebounding. Also, cheap rebounders are not worth the money spent. I bought a Wal-Mart mini trampoline, and it had no bounce to it. You need springs, good ones!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote