Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 12:22 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again.. #133

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 02-14-2002, 12:43 PM   #2  

Well, here I am again....

Food has been awful, exercise non-existant, and I am PMSing. I am a flake, what can I say. It's down to the final days before my DH leaves. Tomorrow is his last day at work. I won't be back on until after he leaves most likely. We have things planned to do with the family.

Once he goes, I want to concentrate on ME. I want a routine!! I crave a routine!! I NEED a routine!! So I WILL be back. Thanks for all your understanding and patience with such an on-again-off-again flake like me.

Hello to the newbies! Hope to get to know you when I get back!

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 02-14-2002, 03:06 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Hey, I'm back...

I've SO many things to do but I NEED to get here to post...it really helps to focus...I'm doing very well with the food, still writing down everything, what an eye opener! For instance, last night at work, they gave us cake, I guess for Valentine's Day...although my first thought was that they over-ordered and didn't want any to go to waste! I wasn't going to have any, but I did...justifying it by saying, well, I'll just count the points, I NEED this! (bad night, you know...funny, eating the cake didn't make it any better!) It wasn't that good, I'm more of a carrot cake kind of gal, this was one of those fluffy white confections with strawberries in the middle. Neverthless, I ate it. I counted the points all right, when I got home...ALL 12 OF THEM!! Geez, that's one third of my day's total! But, I still consider my eating to be going well because I AM counting the points...those 12 points will be countd towards my total and not just chalked up as another "freebie!" So, I know exactly what you mean by the 'victory' despite the SNARF-fest, Tina...by being aware of what's going into our mouths, and accounting for it, we are VICTORIOUS! Way to go on the weight loss, by the way!

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y M A R Y !!!!

I wanted to address each one of you, but now I need to get over to the school to pick up homework for my little guy, then I had better go find dh's MAC card! I have this problem with misplacing them

I'll try to check back later...
Old 02-14-2002, 06:27 PM   #4  

I never made it to the movies... got side tracked. I did get my hair cut and went shopping and got LOTS of stuff for the back patio. I want it to be gorgeous this spring and summer.

Also got myself a new bra. I didn't find the Playtex 18 hour 4395. I think it was one of those Wonder Bras.... because I kept wondering just how far can these babies sag. LOL LOL

I made the decision to take my hubby out for Valentines Day.
He will be shocked. LOL He LOVES those slot machines so I am taking him tonight. I also got him some sweets for my sweets... but I will leave them alone.

Just dropped in for a minute. I will be back tonight.
Oh, I almost forgot. So many of you have said so many nice things about me. I just want to say THANK YOU.
Here are some roses for ALL of you.
Okay, I have to run and unload my car. I bought soooo much.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:40 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. The day went well. I worked at the flower shop from 7:30 till 5:00 boy my feet hurt. We went to ladies circle tonight to a steak supper. I made my better than sex dessert it was all eaten. I'll post the recipe Sunday.
DH got me amethist earrings, two oriental small teapots, two cards,three roses. My son got me a musical snow globe. My aunt got me a ceramic lady figurine. My secret sister got me a pot plant and baloon. Well I'll go for now hope all of you had a great day.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:18 AM   #6  

Happy Birthday Mary and Happy Valentine's,

I had a wonderful day considering I have only a doggie sweetheart. I enjoyed everyone's lovely red rose bouquets (3 of them) and blush rose bouquets. It was a slow day at work, perfect for a recovering sick person like me. My TOM is ending and I feel wonderful. Those long PMS episodes I'm experiencing are tough. Plateaus and chocolate. I'm glad I can get back OP.

I'll aerobicize tomorrow to Richard. Saturday, I'm going to pick up litter for highway cleanup. Hope the weather holds.

TGIF,
Malia
Old 02-15-2002, 09:53 AM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just another quickie before I head out to play with more bras! For my Fun Friday I am sending you this piece on water that my loving husband sent to me. I'll be back later to post, I promise.

Drink Water
75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%. One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100%of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory,trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

Of course, too much water may have strange side effects
Old 02-15-2002, 10:25 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

One question...

Does this one come in leopard???
Old 02-15-2002, 12:04 PM   #9  

Exclamation OH MY !!!!!!

Oh my goodness Thinthinker.
That is most definitly a Wonder Bra.... I wonder how she stands up... I wonder if they can burst... and I wonder how much those babies cost her. $$$

Good morning everyone.
I feel bad coming here again and not able to respond to everyone.
This is the surprise weekend my husband has planned for my birthday, plus.... I got a phone call and my dad is in the hospital.
I just wanted to let you know I will be gone for a few days.

Today is FUN FRIDAY. This was created so we quit waiting until we lose our weight to do FUN things in our life. LIVE ... don't just sit back and watch your life go by. Make yourself do something you have always wanted to do. HAVE SOME FUN. Even if you feel funny doing it.
I have surprise for my hubby. I am taking some silly string with us.... my husband will really be surprised. LOL

Will see you all when I get back.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:28 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Question One more question...

What the heck happens when that comes off?
Old 02-15-2002, 08:00 PM   #11  

Malia: Thanks for the quote from your book. We won't give up on ourselves or each other.

Tina: GREAT will power AND follow through!!!

Well, Thin, what is there to say? Except I WILL be drinking my water!!!

Jen: we will be here waiting for your return.

2Cute: Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope your are back soon. The reason my "renewal" is Saturday is because I don't have time during the week. I want it to be long and thoughtful. I have been making lists and planning in my head all week but Saturday will be my "put it on paper" day. Silly String...hmmm the possibilites.....

Sure hope someone is around this weekend!!!!

All day renewal of ME tomorrow and then at night I will be going out to dinner.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:46 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hope all of you lovely ladies have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow. Oh yeaThin is that your photo

Where is everyone? DH took me out for my birthday dinner. I over ate. We went to Macaroni Grill. I had a drink (It is my Birthday). I ordered a chicken pasta dish taht was good but they give you way to much pasta I just ate a little but the bread is to die for. Then they asked if we wanted dessert and of course I did DH and I shared a dessert sample plate it had a small piece of Tiramasu, a piece of Chocolate cake they put a candle in it and a piece of cheese cake with strawberries. Oh well fiddly de de tomorrow is another day.
Oh I forgot my Ex mother-in-law died today so I have to go to the viewing.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:46 PM   #13  

Thin, was that some gulp or what. Water does your body good. Flotation devices. Why in the world why would someone do that to herself?

2cute, I hope you're dad's okay. Enjoy your weekend, you lucky lady. You, hubby, and silly string. Don't forget the water.

Lucky, I'll be around this weekend. I bought a cdburner and will be around the computer quite a bit. I love long weekends. Water and all that silly stuff.

Enjoy,
Malia
Old 02-16-2002, 12:38 AM   #14  
Falling, but fighting...

Default I'm Back

Hi everyone,

Well it has been awhile since posting last, but I am finally back. I started my new job on Monday, and it has been very, very stressful. I feel like a fish out of water. So much to learn, before I will feel comfortable at my job again. Needless to say, food has been a disaster! I am still exercising at least once a day, but I weighed myself and am up at least 3 pounds. I have decided to wimp out and not go to WW for weigh in on Saturday. I know I should go, but honestly, I can't handle it right now. I have decided to give myself tomorrow as a vacation day from WW and start over again.

I am so stressed about this job. It is 12:30 am right now and I could only sleep about 3 hours, before I woke up thinking about the job. Now I can't fall back asleep. To top the stress level off, one of my staff (actually she is my principal accountant) has a herniated disk and may have to go on sick leave from work. This will mean that I won't have the person who technically has been running the show at the office since her boss retired back in October. I haven't learned this person's duties yet, so if she goes off, her knowledge goes with her. I am stressing big time......

Failure, however, is not an option. I want to do the best job possible. I need to focus.....

Anyhow, I am rededicating myself to weightloss. In order to do that, I need you all's patience and support. First off, I am going to begin posting my daily food intake, exercise, water, etc... on this site on (hopefully) a daily basis. I want to make myself accountable. On that basis, I plan to take the time everyday to come to this site and read and post. I haven't been able to do this lately and it is costing me.

So anyhow, this is my plan. I need this to work, now more than ever, or the stress is going to kill me and push me back.

I am also, not going to eat the last bag of M&M crispies that we have in the house. I am going to have my husband place them out of reach. I am going to have a great OP weekend, which is something I have NEVER been able to say. I am going to do this!

So, now that I have had my pity party, it is time to move on. I am back.....

Old 02-16-2002, 02:47 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy, ladies! Guess my water article has caused quite a stir. Please don't forget that it was my DH who sent it to me, all I did was pass it on!

It feels so good for it to be Saturday. My e-mail address is changing and it is a pain in the A$$!!! For my personal contacts, it's no big deal, but I work for so many companies that contact me via e-mail that I have had to visit all of their sites and update my profile in order to change it!

Food has not been real good this week. I have gotten into the chocolate and peanut butter cups again. I'm not sure what WI Monday will look like, but I'm afraid it won't be pretty.

Katrina: I'm not sure about leopard, but I'll bet it's an underwire!!!

2cute: Sorry to hear about your dad. He's not even the fragile one. I hope he's ok. [[[hugs]]] I'm glad hubby came around and is trying to make up for birthday woes. Have a wonderful time! * Silly string??? Oh my!!! I bet that will be as much fun as my body painting chocolate I bought for our trip to Niagara Falls!

LuckyLadyBug: I'm around this weekend. I was hoping that DH would go out with me and look for a new suit (for him). He has lost so much weight that all he has to do is wiggle his little touchie and his pants fall off! We have 2 weddings, a graduation and my class reunion to go to that will require a suit, not to mention he is still looking for a new job and needs one to interview in. But no............NASCAR is on TV and so guess who would rather sit on his A$$ and not do anything????

Mary: NO!!! That is NOT my photo!!! I'm so glad you had a nice birthday! Macaroni Grill is wonderful! It's so easy to indulge there.

Malia: I always said I was bouyant! BTW, your gif attachment could be viewed as somewhat obscene, or maybe it's where my mind is today!!!!!

Susie: Wow! Sounds like you're up to your A$$ in aligators!!! I'm sure the new job will smooth out for you, but it's always stressful to start with. I hope you don't lose your chief support/informer right away. That would be really hard to take. * I'm sorry you decided to skip your WI, but I'm glad you're committed to coming here and letting us keep you on track and accountable. Have a good weekend.

Andria: Your article was wonderful! What a great writer you are! I wish I could put my thoughts down like that. Good Job!!!

Well girls, I'm going to give the hubby the old one two! I hear him channel surfing so the race must be over and maybe I can make him reconsider......I can be very persuasive!!! Take care, I'll talk to you all later.

"You've got to take the initiative and play your game...Confidence makes the difference." - Chris Evert

Last edited by thinthinker; 02-16-2002 at 02:49 PM.
Closed Thread