Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Default Hot and Healthy Challenge Chicks 3/19/07-3/25/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies!!

Its been a nice weekend and I'm back on track with walking my 3 mile minimum days. I've bought my foods per my WW points for the week and stocked up on water. I am so positive about staying on plan.

I went to Ann Taylor with my step-daughter yesterday and tried on a beautiful black shift dress, a size 12- which by the way.. was too big. I could have worn a 10. I was SO PLEASED!!

I have decided that for every 10 pounds I lose, I am going to buy myself an outfit from there. I found a few pieces I just love.. Classic, well made clothes that never go out of style. YAY! Well.. I don't know how my husband feels about it but.. oh well.. rofl

I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend!!

BBL!!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #3  

Where oh where have my girls gone??
Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi you don't have to worry about me, I a here again like you.

SD Gal don't you feel terrific the 12 being to big, and you needed a ten, Yeah for you. So you did get some new clothes, isn't it great when you get new stuff that really makes you feel good wearing it! I am so proud of you.
Gotta go eat, be back shortly.
Sharon S.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #5  

Hi again, just had my chicken and veggies in wine sauce by Lean Cuisine it was good, I find I am only able to get two meals in and two snacks per day. I always try to get my fruit in, but am not always successful, today I did. And big news, I got thirty minutes of walking in as well, I am pleased about that, I just did it on my own, at my own pace, as I am worried about my arm. Will see how it is tomorrow. Water is about 2/3rds done. So not bad today. I weighed 227.5 today a surprise after my weekend of not following plan. Tomorrow is actually my weigh in, watch i will be up.

SD Gal those are great goals, I need to set some, unfortunately I can't write down what I eat, but should be able to count up the calories.

I think it is a great idea about buying a new outfit for every 10 lbs you lose, great motivation. You will be fitting into that formal dress no problem. Did you get any walking in today?

Well I better run, it is getting late and I read till 4 am this morning so need to get some sleep.

Where is everyone gone?
Sharon S.

/
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #6  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Hey guys!
I just wanted to let you know that I'm alive and kicking! I'm also still dieting and working on my exercise!
Things around here have been.. hectic, to say the least. Some issues in the relationship have been keeping me away, but I am back!

SD:
You are looking great! Size 10 WOWZA! Great work =D

Canuck: Just keep sticking to what you're doing =) Be confident that you will succeed, you will!

I've got to head to work, but I was missing you guys soooo freaking bad, that I just had to come on here!
I will give you guys a full update of how my diet has been going, what changes there have been, and my new hair colour!

-Mande
Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #7  

Good Morning! Well I hope everyone is ok.. or just busy? I hate to use this as just my private journal! lol

Yesterday was a great on plan kind of day, I got in three bottles of water, two less than normal and I stay within my points range as well. I have todays foods all ready to rock and I had the most wonderful salad last night! YUM! Tonight I believe I'm going to add tuna just for a kick. I walked five miles last night as well, WOW THAT FELT GREAT. I've done 8 miles in two days. Its nice to get an extra two miles in before my husband gets home from work and then walk again after dinner.

Thinking thin thoughts and well wishes, hope everyone is ok.. have a great day.. bbl!!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniforme View Post
Hey guys!
I just wanted to let you know that I'm alive and kicking! I'm also still dieting and working on my exercise!
Things around here have been.. hectic, to say the least. Some issues in the relationship have been keeping me away, but I am back!

SD:
You are looking great! Size 10 WOWZA! Great work =D

Canuck: Just keep sticking to what you're doing =) Be confident that you will succeed, you will!

I've got to head to work, but I was missing you guys soooo freaking bad, that I just had to come on here!
I will give you guys a full update of how my diet has been going, what changes there have been, and my new hair colour!

-Mande
Mande! So nice to see your face Thank you for the note. Thanks, too.. I'm up right now, but had been binging.. tsk!! I'm glad you're still working so hard! Have a super day!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/204/145

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm here

Hi!

Since I am new, I'm not yet sure how this works out--how often am I supposed to post, what am I supposed to say... Let me know.

This past week I thought I have been doing well. Working out every day, eating healthy food (I even ate soup twice) and drinking lots of water (never a problem for me, I'm an aquaholic!. Even though my weigh in day is supposed to be Thursday, this morning I stepped on the scale just so I could start the very early morning with some good news. I was VERY disappointed to see that I actually gained two pounds! Unfortunately my reaction to bad news is to eat--I know, I need to find better coping mechanisms. Next time I am going to sit down and type instead.

I then went for a walk to the local golf course (2 miles each way). We just moved here and I don't really know anyone. As luck would have it, the women's golf group is having their beginning of year meeting tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that I can make some friends there.

Feel free to tell me if I'm doing this wrong.

Sharon

Also, I am still having trouble posting the trackers on the bottom. When I tried over the weekend, all I got was the url, not the picture.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

SD Gal:

Quote:
, a size 12- which by the way.. was too big. I could have worn a 10. I was SO PLEASED!!
That is great!! I am so proud of you!!
Quote:
I have decided that for every 10 pounds I lose, I am going to buy myself an outfit from there. I found a few pieces I just love.. Classic, well made clothes that never go out of style
That is great! You deserve it!

Canuk4:

Hey hun! How are you doing?

Quote:
I weighed 227.5 today a surprise after my weekend of not following plan. Tomorrow is actually my weigh in, watch i will be up.
You are doing great! Keep it up!!

martiniforme:

Hey hun!! *hugz* Is everything okay with you and the man?

Quote:
've got to head to work, but I was missing you guys soooo freaking bad, that I just had to come on here!

-Mande
Sounds great! Cant wait to hear!

SD Gal:

dexdienu:

Welcome to the club!!

Okay I know I have been gone for a week or so. I did get back on my walking last week. I weighed in at the beginning of March at 211!!! Yikes! BUT as of a few days ago I am down to 206 so I am not stressing. Our wedding anniversary is coming up 4-9 so I really want to be 199 or so by then. I KNOW I can do it! That would be 50 lbs gone in a year!!!

I have been focusing on eating mostly healthy and walking 30 minutes about 4-5 times a week so I am glad about that. Not the 60 I used to do but I know I got burnt out. So I tell myself at least 30!!! That seems to be working!

Another big thing I have been focusing on is deep cleaning and de cluttering. My dh has also been painting on some days off, things like that. Plus last weekend we planted a garden! We still need to plant more this weekend but I had to go and gather info on what grows with what and why. Some vegetables help other vegetables avoid insects etc. Then some vegis don't grow around other vegis etc. My main focus is bell peppers cause I love them and they are $6.00 a lb for organic! They are also #2 on the most heavily pesticided list so it is not something I want to wink at. Rediculous! Another thing I LOVE is tomatoes. So we got 2 big green bell pepper plants, 2 small green plants, 1 medium yellow, a medium red and some seeds. 1 medium cayenne pepper plant, a big habanero plant, a 6 pack of green hot peppers. A 6 pack of early girl tomatoes, a 6 pack of better boy tomatoes, a big arkansas tomato plant, and another big beef tomato plant. A big strawberry plant, a medium plant of parsley, chives, thyme, basil and cilantro. Some seeds of green onion and yellow onion and carrots. And planted some marigold seeds near by. That is one section! Whew!!!

Next saturday we need to do another section away from that one. We have in a pot squash and watermelon and spinach. We also have seeds to plant corn and cucumber and pumpkin, an oregano plant, some dill seeds and I can't remember what all else. Oh and I need to get a big pot for the mint seeds and put it near the first garden. So much to do but I am excited!! The only other time I had a garden was one year about 7 years ago when my ex dad in law stayed with us and we did green pepper, tomatoes, corn and carrots. they all turned out great but that was 60 miles away in an apt and I had him to help me. Now of course I have Joe but he has never done it before but him and I are willing to learn and look up stuff online. He soaked and dug up and planted the whole garden and I am the one who decided where to put everything and what to get and am doing the research etc.

Anyhow that is what is up with me.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #11  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Everybody;

I've been back and forth reading but not posting much, too busy...but it's not fun stuff...I have a seriously ill sib,a seriously old mother and I am the only game in town...along with work and running the homestead, I'm so stressed I could pull my hair out. I'm so worked up I can barely sleep which makes me feel like death warmed over in the AM. I started back exercising with Tae-Bo and I love it, but some mornings I have to catch up on the day before, it's a never-ending cycle....then there is the car that needs inspecting, service and license renewal and the new 2nd phase of homestead renovation.

it's a wonder I don't just give up and bury myself in taco chips and margaritas!

I wish the weather was warm enough to start a garden, we had snow and ice over the weekend....yuck. Jasmine I'm a big fan of tomatoes and peppers too....have you ever seen the purple peppers? very pretty. I once had a plant with little tiny Thai peppers about the size of my fingernail....it was so PRETTY, it grew like a tree in a pot...if I could ever find it again at the garden center, it looked better than some of my flowers! I usually do the sweet cherry 100s tomatoes, love them for a salad.

Hope everyone else is having fun! I'll be back tomorrow.....but the good news is that I'm consistently losing, so maybe I'll try on my bathing suit....
Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexdienu View Post
Hi!

Since I am new, I'm not yet sure how this works out--how often am I supposed to post, what am I supposed to say... Let me know.

This past week I thought I have been doing well. Working out every day, eating healthy food (I even ate soup twice) and drinking lots of water (never a problem for me, I'm an aquaholic!. Even though my weigh in day is supposed to be Thursday, this morning I stepped on the scale just so I could start the very early morning with some good news. I was VERY disappointed to see that I actually gained two pounds! Unfortunately my reaction to bad news is to eat--I know, I need to find better coping mechanisms. Next time I am going to sit down and type instead.

I then went for a walk to the local golf course (2 miles each way). We just moved here and I don't really know anyone. As luck would have it, the women's golf group is having their beginning of year meeting tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that I can make some friends there.

Feel free to tell me if I'm doing this wrong.

Sharon

Also, I am still having trouble posting the trackers on the bottom. When I tried over the weekend, all I got was the url, not the picture.

Hello Sharon, welcome to the board!! Post as often as you like. We start a new thread for each new week. We have a lovely group of ladies who post here and are SO SUPPORTIVE! I'm not one to speak :X but.. don't weigh yourself daily or you will be disappointed. You could be retaining just because.. so cut yourself a little break!! Try and reconfigure your tracker, you may have used the incorrect part.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Okay I know I have been gone for a week or so. I did get back on my walking last week. I weighed in at the beginning of March at 211!!! Yikes! BUT as of a few days ago I am down to 206 so I am not stressing. Our wedding anniversary is coming up 4-9 so I really want to be 199 or so by then. I KNOW I can do it! That would be 50 lbs gone in a year!!!

I have been focusing on eating mostly healthy and walking 30 minutes about 4-5 times a week so I am glad about that. Not the 60 I used to do but I know I got burnt out. So I tell myself at least 30!!! That seems to be working!

Another big thing I have been focusing on is deep cleaning and de cluttering. My dh has also been painting on some days off, things like that. Plus last weekend we planted a garden! We still need to plant more this weekend but I had to go and gather info on what grows with what and why. Some vegetables help other vegetables avoid insects etc. Then some vegis don't grow around other vegis etc. My main focus is bell peppers cause I love them and they are $6.00 a lb for organic! They are also #2 on the most heavily pesticided list so it is not something I want to wink at. Rediculous! Another thing I LOVE is tomatoes. So we got 2 big green bell pepper plants, 2 small green plants, 1 medium yellow, a medium red and some seeds. 1 medium cayenne pepper plant, a big habanero plant, a 6 pack of green hot peppers. A 6 pack of early girl tomatoes, a 6 pack of better boy tomatoes, a big arkansas tomato plant, and another big beef tomato plant. A big strawberry plant, a medium plant of parsley, chives, thyme, basil and cilantro. Some seeds of green onion and yellow onion and carrots. And planted some marigold seeds near by. That is one section! Whew!!!

Next saturday we need to do another section away from that one. We have in a pot squash and watermelon and spinach. We also have seeds to plant corn and cucumber and pumpkin, an oregano plant, some dill seeds and I can't remember what all else. Oh and I need to get a big pot for the mint seeds and put it near the first garden. So much to do but I am excited!! The only other time I had a garden was one year about 7 years ago when my ex dad in law stayed with us and we did green pepper, tomatoes, corn and carrots. they all turned out great but that was 60 miles away in an apt and I had him to help me. Now of course I have Joe but he has never done it before but him and I are willing to learn and look up stuff online. He soaked and dug up and planted the whole garden and I am the one who decided where to put everything and what to get and am doing the research etc.

Anyhow that is what is up with me.
Jasmin, WOW GIRL YOU HAVE BEEENN BUUUUUSY! lol Your garden sounds simply fantastic. I hope you share pictures when everything is in bloom! YUM! I grew tomatoes when I lived in Washington, here in So Ca, nothing grows.. weeds, really. lol.

So nice to hear from you!! YAY! You know, as long as you are still focusing on being healthy, that's important. Fifty pounds is A LOT so you should be VERY proud of yourself. Here's wishing you well to your goal!!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
Hi Everybody;

I've been back and forth reading but not posting much, too busy...but it's not fun stuff...I have a seriously ill sib,a seriously old mother and I am the only game in town...along with work and running the homestead, I'm so stressed I could pull my hair out. I'm so worked up I can barely sleep which makes me feel like death warmed over in the AM. I started back exercising with Tae-Bo and I love it, but some mornings I have to catch up on the day before, it's a never-ending cycle....then there is the car that needs inspecting, service and license renewal and the new 2nd phase of homestead renovation.

it's a wonder I don't just give up and bury myself in taco chips and margaritas!

I wish the weather was warm enough to start a garden, we had snow and ice over the weekend....yuck. Jasmine I'm a big fan of tomatoes and peppers too....have you ever seen the purple peppers? very pretty. I once had a plant with little tiny Thai peppers about the size of my fingernail....it was so PRETTY, it grew like a tree in a pot...if I could ever find it again at the garden center, it looked better than some of my flowers! I usually do the sweet cherry 100s tomatoes, love them for a salad.

Hope everyone else is having fun! I'll be back tomorrow.....but the good news is that I'm consistently losing, so maybe I'll try on my bathing suit....
Hi girlie.. I'm sorry you have so much on your shoulders right now, I'm glad to know you're ok however.. well, you know what I mean.

Keep your chin up, happy thoughts and strength coming your way..
Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone, I posted a long one, then my computer came up with an error and swallowed it. So for tonight I will just say it is great to hear from everyone, thanks for your support. I support you as well in everthing that is going on in your lives.

Take care all, talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Closed Thread