Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 11:14 AM   #1  

Smile Going To See Thin Family In July Eeks!!!

Greetings fellow dieters!

I am hoping someone out there is in the same boat as me so I don’t feel so alone in this struggle. I have an incredibly thin family, two beautiful blond sisters that both weigh 120 lbs. or less. Thin mom, thin dad basically I am the only overweight one in the bunch. I am 31 soon to be 32 and I weigh 215 lbs. And I am 5’7”.

The last time anyone saw me I was about 170 lbs. HUGE issue with my family! Don’t get me wrong, they are a VERY supportive and wonderful family. No one bashes me or anything like that. They just all worry and talk about my weight. And oh, the looks I get! I think it’s me more than anything though. I am sooooo embarrassed around them. I have lied and missed family events because of my weight and my embarrassment.

Well anyway I am going to see them in July! For the whole month! Eeks!!!!!!!

I have got to get this weight off before then or I will just DIE! I am married with two kids, both looking forward to going to see them. I have already told everyone I am coming so there is no backing out this time. HELP!

So far since January first I have taken off 20 lbs.! I am soooo motivated I know I can do this! (I hope)

Is anyone else out there with a deadline? Family reunion, going to see friends, High School reunion etc? I would love to meet you and support each other threw this!

Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Have a great day everyone!
Feffy

235/215/128 (87 lbs. to go! )
Old 02-14-2002, 06:59 PM   #2  

just checking in
Old 02-14-2002, 09:37 PM   #3  

Feffy- not a whole lot of advice here but wanted to try to lift your spirits just a bit anyway. You have lost a good bit of weight already so you have something to stand tall and proud about. I am the only one over 150 pounds in my small family as well. I have a beautiful skinny 25 yr old younger sister. I am 3 years older and probably about 60 pounds heavier. No one has ever said anything to me about my weight really but they have noticed that I've lost close to 50 pounds. I would just like to tell you first of all to forget about your weight when you visit with them and focus on the more important issues of FAMILY itself. Easier said than done I know. Keep in mind also that is 5 months away and you are on a weight loss road so keep it up.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:08 PM   #4  

lakelog,

Thanks for the advice, I will try and focus but it's sooo hard

Wish I had a magic wand.

But good news I have lost another 5 pounds!

Hope you had a great V-Day.....

feffyy

235/210/128 (82 pounds to goal )
Closed Thread