Old 03-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225.5/219.5/135

Height: 5ft 1in

Default Here I am again...And I need a buddy

Hello everyone.....I am back for like the third time. They say the third time is a charm so lets see. I am 37 and 225.5 lbs and I am tired of being the the chubby one. I went to Disney last Nov and the pics of me with my family brought me to tears. We have started camping with two other couples and we are going on two big trips this summer one of them is Disney again and I don't want to be the only fat (yes I said it fat cause that is what I am) one. My neighbor who we camp with is far from overweight went on Adkins and lost 30lbs in about 2 months and looks great and I feel like a total fool cause I started after the new year to try to loose and and I have lost a whole 8 lbs. Anyway I am going to try Adkins......my frig is full of meat I am ready....I am starting tomorrow.....I just have to look better by June or I don't know what I am going to do......I would really like a buddy some one to help me out to push me and kick me in the butt when I need it. Thanks for letting me babble.
Sillymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #2  
...χχ-ℓ&#

S/C/G: 122/119/98

Height: 5ft 7"

iyyaaaa huni im onli 18 and i got a son and i feel kindah dowwn cus of the baby w8 i gand and i also got lota excess skin on my belly now and i was rele skinny b4 i jus wana get bak t how much i used to weigh !! lol. il b a friend t kick ya in the butt wen ya need it lol aslong as u kick me in the butt too !!! good luck love xxxx
leababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #3  

Default Buddies

Sounds good to me I am going to start tomorrow with adkins hope it wks for me. Are you on adkins....When are you on TFC what time day? Are you on AIM? TTFN Chris
Old 03-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #4  
...χχ-ℓ&#

S/C/G: 122/119/98

Height: 5ft 7"

im starting tomorrow too im trying the southbeach diet, hope ur diet works out yeh i got aim it xxleababexx06 but i tend to go on msn more often my addy on tht is (((PM me for my email address))) i cme on tfc on weekends mostly from 7pm till abwt 11-12pm. u ?? spk soon lv lea xx

Last edited by Leenie; 03-18-2007 at 08:21 PM. Reason: posting your email ... its safer to suggest a PM
leababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi sillymom, You can do this! 8lbs is ok. I'v lost 15lbs in the last 2 months. seems slow, but better than nuthin' . Everyone loses at a different pace so don't get discouraged! I hope you'll join us in the weekly chat. I'm sure we can help eachother stay on track.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/195/150

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Sillymom, I am with you!! I am 30, married, no kids yet, and have always been chubby. I've gotten myself up to fat over the last few years. It's funny how you don't notice it so much as it's going on until that one day where you see it all of the sudden. I feel I am at my lowest point now. Last week was a total disaster for me, I just put everything in my mouth that I could get my hands on. I also have a summer goal. My best friend's wedding is July 21 and I don't want to feel like the fat girl in the wedding party, which as of right now I will, I know it! On a good note, I did get back to the gym on Thursday and Friday mornings, just need to keep that going! If you want to team up, I'm sure with keeping each other in check, we can drop a good many pounds by our summer events. I'd love to to lose 20 pounds by then. I just need to put my mind to it and stop letting myself make excuses for slacking off!

Good luck starting off tomorrow! I've found that the first couple of days are the hardest, but if I get through those it gets easier and there's motivation to not mess up that hard work.
KreeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

Sillymom!!!

I've been on Atkins nearly 3 years. If you'd like to chat...I've got AIM and would be happy to chat with ya. Feel free to send me a message.

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Chris,
I'm hoping you read the book. And I'm hoping you stocked your fridge with more than just meat!! This isn't a meat & cheese diet. But I'm sure you know that. Good luck and we're all in this together
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #9  

Good morning all well in a rush have to get to wk but just wanted to say hey and have a good day.....NO carbs this morning.....day one has begun. Chicken salad for breakfast and chicken salad and cheese for lunch. TTFN Hugs, Chris
Old 03-19-2007, 09:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leababe View Post
iyyaaaa huni im onli 18 and i got a son and i feel kindah dowwn cus of the baby w8 i gand and i also got lota excess skin on my belly now and i was rele skinny b4 i jus wana get bak t how much i used to weigh !! lol. il b a friend t kick ya in the butt wen ya need it lol aslong as u kick me in the butt too !!! good luck love xxxx
After childbirth (I have had three children) if you were not exercising and active through your pregnancy, you might find that you are not "heavy" per say (which given your weight and height-I am also 5'7"-you are actually almost UNDERweight for your height already!) but you are simply "out of shape". There is a big difference.

I honestly would not suggest losing pounds-but instead, focusing on getting "fit". I recommed doing regular exercise instead of dieting. If you need any suggestions, please feel free to pm me. Exercising, and getting your body firmer, shapelier, and more defined will make a huge difference in your body!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:06 AM   #11  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

im starting over again also and would love to have a buddy to go along for the ride!! We can learn together and give hugs together.... Ive been through this many times of gaining and losing and wouldnt you think id get the hang of it by now!!!!!!!!!!! carvinmom
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

OK, silly and carvin, I'm here for you - totally. I too am 37, but we're dinks. I am at a similar wt. I'm 5'3. I feel it. I get it. I'll be here for you. I'm online sporadically, but have been around the diet merrygorounds many times. See you on weekly chat. I am going to try to be online more often, just cause it's good for my own resolve. I'm at my current lowest wt since being a grown up. I'm smaller than my wedding dress (Yup, fat bride was I - but what a pretty face... blah blah blah). I'm willing to chat with anyone online - my yahoo chat is kellyskitties. I'll probably be online around 9AM central (usa) on workdays (th?, F, Sat, Sun, Mon?) and through the nights the days I don't work after class (I know - how do I even plan my own life!) AS well, I will check in here for chats. I have a lot of support to give, and giving it keeps me on track too! Good luck.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #13  

Hey there carvinmom and Arkansas Kel would love to be buddie, we can do this together. I started adkins Monday and was 225.5 woke up this moring was 223.......yippy...I hope that you all have a wonderful day and I will be back online tonigh after wk about 7pm eastern. Carvinmom are set up to ge PM through TFC. Ok have to run gotta go to wk . OH what diet plan are you guys doin........TTFN Hugs Christine
Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 AM   #14  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

hi arkansas kel and silly mom, im just getting familiar with the threads and just getting use to some of the posting etc... I am doing atkins mostly but not as strict as i was last time.. i lost a lot of muscle and didnt do enough exercise and have to bring that all back so i want to do it different this time... so i could use so help in that issue of getting back some strength and what foods will help besides protein.... i could use everybodys help !!!!
I gained most of the seventy i lost back and does that urrrrrr me big time. im not getting any younger to be horseing around being fat the rest of my life... i hate it!! U miss to darn much out of life!!!!
my first plan is to write everything i eat or drink down on paper and be accountable to myself and see what i put in my mouth each day... I need to learn to be more DISCIPLINED!!! DOes anyone recognize that word????
Once i get chat etc figured out id love to join in and give me a jingle anytime. im on most evenings,, montana time!! Id like to help also... and be someones buddy if they need one... Gee whiz.. reading some of the posts and weight loss Jersey Gyrl congratulations, you lost 100 pounds.... and so many are doing well on this site.. im glad i found it.....
be caring.... carvinmom
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #15  

Hey there carvinmom...Would love to chat with you and help if I can. Do you have PM (private message) with TFC. I have AOL instant message not yahoo Schar26 is my AIM name. I don't know how to find you other than the thread. TTFN Hugs......Chris