Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......#16

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #2  

About the time I started this thread, We got a phone call that they have just sent my MIL to the ER. We were at the rehab/nursing home this morning to see her.She was having a hard time breathing.

I'll post later.Off to the hospital.......
Old 03-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #3  

Oh no, Sherry! Prayers being sent her way from Fl.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Prayers sent for MIL, Sher. Keep us updated.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #5  
Losing it!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ALLISON! I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY! Did you drink some green beer to celebrate???
Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sherry~I hope your MIL is okay, we're sending our prayers.

My birthday was fun. Well, except for having to drive to San Diego for a meeting. We went for our annual March Madness birthday party and I did have a beer, but not a green one! I also had 2 margaritas, but they were small and pretty weak. Overall, it was, or still is, a good birthday weekend.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #7  

Happy Birthday to you ALLISON!!!!!!! I hope you're day was special! It sounds like it was!!

My MIL is doing some better. Her oxygen level has came up some.I have only seen Wayne cry three times in our 20 year marriage. Once when we got married, once when Chris left for the Navy. And yesterday was the 3rd time. His Mom didn't know who we were. She was talking about things that wasn't going on.It's not medication either. The doctor said she was showing signs of demincha (sp). (I need to look this up). I feel so sorry for his Dad.Bless his heart.He's so sick himself and he's thinking of her. It's all so sad.

Got to finish getting ready. We're staying with her at the hopital from 3-7. The family is doing shifts now so it won't wear everyone out.

Tomorrow I have to be at the doctor at 8:00. She wants to do another urine sample. The last 2 shows blood & bacteria.I've been on 3 different antibotics for 5 weeks. Good way to start my week off for Spring Break!!!!

Hugs...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Sher, so sorry to hear they think MIL has dementia. I really feel it is so much worse on the family to go through then the person with the illness. It is so sad, they will have bad days then they can turn around and have a few good days to the point one starts thinking they are ok again. Her poor husband, to be ill with cancer and to go through all of this too. Prayers and hugs sent...
I hope you find out something at the docs!

Allison, nice to hear you had a happy birthday! No such thing as a "big" margarita! LOL! We had a place open up here that served margaritas on tap...to make a long story short, Gayle decided to OVER indulge one night! They go down way easier on the rocks then frozen!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:56 AM   #9  

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ALLISON!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #10  

Sherry-I am so sorry to hear about MIL having dementia. My friend's mom has it and as Gayle says, there are good days and bad days. My prayers to you and Wayne.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #11  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I'm still here...just not very good company right now. Sadie, my 11 year old sheltie, passed away over the weekend after a brief illness. She was my constant companion, so I'm trying to get use to the idea of her being gone.

Sherry ~ I'm glad to hear that your MIL is improving a little. Hopefully the dementia will clear once she is back in her regular routine. I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

Allison ~ Happy birthday!

Gayle ~ Are you happy to be free of the liquor store? What are you doing with all of your spare time?

A big hello to everyone else! I hope to catch up with everyone soon.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Suzy~so very, very sorry to hear about your dog. It is so hard to lose our loved ones whether they be of the people kind or the four-legged kind. Take care.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #13  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday All!!!

It's one of your resident newbies checking in!

I'm really sorry for everyone going through the tough times!!! When my fish, Beldar died I cried for months-and he was just a little Betta! I wasn't able to get another pet until last summer (graduated up to a hamster). So Suzy-my thoughts are with ya!!!

Also, Sherry-I can relate to your situation also. My gramps had Alzheimer's before passing and it was sooooo hard! At first as the little things were forgotten and the questions were repeated over and over again it was almost charming because he slipped back to a happier time in his mind and didn't remember current things...but then as it progressed, why-no match for the struggle. Lean on me when you need to!!!

Cheryl-Thanks for inviting me over this way-wonderful ladies on this thread!!!

Allison-Happy Happy Birthday 2U, 2U, 2U- OLE'!!! Sorry that I'm playing catch up, but do you mind if I ask which birthday it was?

Talk to you all later!!! Melinda
Old 03-20-2007, 05:00 AM   #14  

Suzy-I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Prayers to you.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Suzy, so sorry to hear about Sadie. You and Tim are in my prayers. How is it going?

Welcome to all the newbies!

Allison, Happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed it!

Sherry, sorry to hear about your in-laws. I do have an amazing story, my neighbor was getting more and more forgetful. She is 87. Amazing woman. She didn't know me and I sort of stopped visiting her, (I know that was bad of me!) She has an aid living with her 24 hours a day. One day she calls me! Just like old times! There are some new meds out there and it is amazing what they do! I was told the meds usually work for two to three years, but it is like the person has no problems! Something to check into!

So what is everyone else up to? I know I am missing everyone here! Things have been hectic as usual. I am on Spring break this week, so Rob and I took a two day trip and got away. We went to the Yankee Candle factory in Mass. Very pretty and fun place. It is such a fun store! Had a great time and now we are home, he is back to work and I am going to Spring Clean some today!
Closed Thread