Old 03-17-2007, 12:44 AM   #1  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Angry 252 @#!$ 252 - I hate that blasted number!

I can't get below 252! I have been here for 2 stinking weeks! I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, I just don't get it!
If I see it on my scales one more time I will throw them out!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

I checked out your fit day page and I didn't see any exercise. If you keep the same number of calories and incorporate 30 minutes of daily exercise to start, then work up to 60 minutes a day, I guarantee you'll start dropping the pounds again. Just be careful not to increase your calories, otherwise you'll just neutralize the calories burned through exercise.

An ideal fitness program contains cardio, strength training and stretching. If you visit the Exercise board on this site, there are a lot of monthly challenges to keep you motivated. There's a running and walking monthly challenge where you set a mileage goal for the month and then report back to the group throughout the month. There's a general exercise accountability group that sets monthly goals.

Good luck
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #3  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I have been stuck at 181, ughhhhh want to see 170's LOL at least we are not gaining
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #4  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Might I just say congrats on the 35lb loss? That's great!
cmbmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #5  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

Thanks guys for the support!

Gen - I don't log my exercise but I will start doing that. I currently use my Urban Rebounder 4 to 5 times per week for 30 to 40 minutes.

Cyber - That's true. I will have to use different thinking for now. It is just hard when the pounds were coming off, then SCRREEEEEETTCCCHHH, nothing!

cmb- Thanks I will keep plugging away. I know I will be successful eventually )
Old 03-17-2007, 10:55 AM   #6  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Deep breath, trust your body. If it's holding steady for two weeks, why not try to figure out what it's telling you? There are so many reasons you may be holding steady that can't be come up with here—just a few possibilities are: ToM, eating more than you think, eating too little, working out less than you think, body's natural weight-loss rhythm, and so on and so on.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #7  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Mine has held steady for a month
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Mine has held steady for 5 months Ok not quite true but I've been bopping around the same numbers for 5 months. My own fault though.

Having the same number for 2 weeks isn't long at all. Our bodies do fluctuate so much that they can hold steady for a few weeks or a month and then all of a sudden drop a few lbs.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #9  
Nicker

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Do you do your measurements? Sometimes when the scale won't budge the tape measure is still moving.
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I was stuck there for a few weeks.. same number, too. Must be jinxed!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I hate when the scale doesn't move. When I get stuck I look back though my fitday for good weeks and see what I ate and how they compare to the weeks I am stuck. Sometimes it is just the combination off food that will get things moving again.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Scales do that. Remember that they weigh not just the FAT you want to lose, but your bone, skin, muscle, water.... all of you. So if you retain water but lose fat, how can you tell on the scale? You can't.

Keep it real -- though I know how hard it is -- if you keep working successfully it will eventually go down. Sometimes it kind of whooooshes down several pounds at once. It can seem dramatic, even if you didn't do anything dramatic. Weight loss just isn't linear.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #13  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

Thanks guys. I am struggling with this, but I know "This too shall pass" I have taken my measurements and will promise myself NOT to get on the scale tomorrow. I am logging EVERYTHING on fitday, food and exercise. I have had a rough day today, ate a graham cracker when I am following Dr. Gott's diet "No flour, no sugar diet" and they have both. At least it was one cracker and not one whole package.

I do retain a lot of fluids so you could have a point Wyllenn.

DJS - Grats on the 40's

Nelie - You are beautiful! Grats on all your losses!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hi there - First, good job on the great losses you've already had! I know I don't have a whole lot to lose, but I just went through the same thing, and I think it's frustrating no matter how much you have to go.

I broke a 3 week plateau-- finally-- when I weighed yesterday (I weigh once a week on Fridays). Several people on 3FC gave me advice, and it worked. I upped my fiber a lot. I do fitday too, and I had noticed that a lot of days I only had 10-15 grams of fiber. 25 per day is recommended! And that was with eating quite a bit of fruits and veggies, nuts, etc. Bobbi from the calorie counting thread (you should check it out -- a very nice group and most of us count religiously on fitday like you) gets 50-60 grams of fiber a day!!!! I was shocked when I noticed this. She told me her secret was to eat a serving or two of FIBER ONE cereal a day. It has 14 grams of fiber per serving!!!!

So, I upped my fiber, drank a lot of water, cut out my daily almonds (RockinRobin recommended that, since they are high in fat and calories -even though it's the good kind). I was really strict on calories for the week, and even came in a little under than what I was eating (about a 100 calories less than usual). I lost 3 lbs, which for me is a massive loss. I don't have that far to go, and I usually lose at the rate of 1/2 lb or maybe 1 lb. per week -- so 3 is really good for me! I give a lot of credit to the fiber.

By the way, I teach too. My school is doing a biggest loser thing which is what got me started. It's been great having support at work. The two biggest losers get some prize money, but the rest of the $ goes to the American Diabetes Association. My husband is a type 1 diabetic, so it makes me happy to give every week. Maybe your school would be interested too. We pay every week when we weigh ($2 if you lose, $5 if you gain).

Good luck and hang in there. I'll bet you break your plateau next week!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hmmm... I just read your last post more closely about the no flour no sugar. Not sure if you could have the Fiber One cereal because I'm pretty sure it has wheat. Regular Fiber One has nutrasweet, and the Fiber One Flakes have brown sugar. But I guess there are other ways to get fiber, but this cereal happens to be really high in fiber.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote