Old 10-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244//150

Height: 5'-2 1/2"

Default Starting Over For The Last Time...

This is going to be a group starting over for the last time! No matter which diet you choose you can do it here. Just make sure you track your weight.. talk when your frustrated and stay positive! Lets go..

Starting 10/4/06

Last edited by nettienett; 10-03-2006 at 07:48 PM.
nettienett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #2  

This is going to be a group starting over for the last time! No matter which diet you choose you can do it here. Just make sure you track your weight.. talk when your frustrated and stay positive! Lets go..

Starting 10/4/06

[/QUOTE]
Old 10-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hello.. I'm in. I've been trying to lose weight my entire life. My weight constantly goes up and down. I'm ready to make a lifestyle change instead of just taking on another diet. I started two weeks ago. I go on a cruise on december 9th, so I want to get in some kind of shape by then...
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesy_20 View Post
Hello.. I'm in. I've been trying to lose weight my entire life. My weight constantly goes up and down. I'm ready to make a lifestyle change instead of just taking on another diet. I started two weeks ago. I go on a cruise on december 9th, so I want to get in some kind of shape by then...
Welcome!! I hear ya there. It is a lifestyle change for sure. You and I are close in weight as well as our goals.. Come on in and post when your good post when your doing bad. We will support one another. I'm new to this so bare with me.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #5  

I'm doing really good today. All i've had is a six inch turkey sub from subway and some water. I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill. I'm really dedicated this time around. Something that I have to stop doing is getting on the scale every single day. If it doesn't change day to day, I get disappointed.. which I know is stupid cuz you can't expect to lose weight every single day. My goal is to only check it once a week and to maintain my diet. My boyfriend makes it really hard cuz he eats terrible. He brings home fast food about twice a day. He's in incredible shape so he doesn't care what he eats. He's making it really hard, but I have to maintain my willpower!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #6  

Hey nettie, I hope you are doing well =)
Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #7  

Height: 5'

I thought this would be the perfect group for me to join, but it looks pretty inactive. Any suggestions for a chronic dieter who has about 40-60 lbs. to lose?
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180

Height: 5'4"

Angry Starting over, starting over...

Starting over for the last time sounds really good. Can't tell you how many times I've started over. But now I have serious health issues and the quality of my life is at stake.

I weighed 147 pounds when I was 8 years old. Wish I weighed that now. So I've been struggling with this issue all of my life. I probably know more about the causes of overeating and what to do about it than most doctors or therapists, but why can't I do what I need to do to take care of myself?

I just love it when some "professional" tells me to keep a journal of how I'm feeling just before I overeat, or better yet, to think about it before I take that fatal bite...if I could think at that moment, I would think and not eat inappropriately.

These "professionals" just don't get that there is no thinking involved. All thought disappears, then I stuff my face.

We are leaving on a cruise on Monday. We have a long flight to get to the ship. For months I have been trying to get my food down because of the discomfort of those small plane seats...instead I gained weight...Tuesday night we get on a cruise ship with all that food....

When we return, I will go back to Weight Watchers. That structure helps, but it isn't quite enough.
Popcorn Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #9  

Dear Samantha -- you echo my thoughts. I have 40 - 50 pounds to lose. We're going away on Monday and won't be back until Tuesday the 7th. When we get back, would you be interested in being buddies to share food and other issues?

I went to OA for many years and found the 1 on 1 support to be really great, but after awhile (20 years) I realized that in spite of the 12 steps, most of the people I met there looked basically the same, except for aging, and were dealing with the same issues -- spirituality just didn't stop them from over eating. But the one on one support was great, when it was available.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #10  

Height: 5'

Thumbs up sure, sounds great!

Looks like I am a bit late in answering because I posted before I understood about subscribing to threads, but sounds great! I wish I knew exactly how much I need to lose but whenever I feel fat, I veer away from the scale in fear of finding out that I'm fatter than I thought. If this makes sense to you, you're the perfect buddy for me!

I'll look forward to hearing from you in future!
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Question I need a little help from some friends-

Even friends I haven't made or met yet-
A little introduction? I'm not sure if this is the right place for this-tell me if it's not-
I turned 50 this year-I've been seriously overweight for 13 yrs. At least that's the last time I remember being able to wear clothes from the regular ladies dept. I'm 5'6", 222.6 lbs. according to weight watcher's, which I rejoined Mon. for about the 50th time. My mom is 24 yrs. older than I am and in a long term care facility with the body of a 95 yr. old,the mind of a 73 yr. old and a 'butt the size of Montana'. I don't want to be where she is in 24yrs.
Every morning I get up and resolve to 'be good', to 'try' & sometimes I make it thru 3/4 of the day before an emotional snafu makes me stick a muffin in my mouth. I know I cannot go on like this-I've been to my 1/2 way point before but it's been a long while. Anyway-I remembered something I read somewhere or saw on Oprah. It was suggested that you put the amount of wt. you need to loose in front of you in some concrete form. So Monday I went to Walmart & bought 16 bags of 5lb. flour. The cashier asked me if it was all right to put 2 bags in each sack? Instead,I found a discarded box, put it in my cart & put the flour all in there. Of course when I got to my car I could not lift the box out of the cart. It was only 80 lbs. I thought I could lift that much if I had to. But I had to take quite a few sacks out befor I could wrestle the box out of the cart & into my car. I got them home, wrestled them into the house and put them in a duffle bag. I could not have lifted the duffle bag & moved it very far if it hadn't had 2 wheels & a pull strap. I put 1 5lb. bag into a lunch cooler with my weight watchers point keeper to carry around with me to help reinforce my resolve. When my husband got home I proudly told him of my plan to keep my focus on the seriousness of what I needed to do. He was incredulous-What was I thinking? What were we going to do with this duffle bag around the house? yadayadayada. My 17 yr.old daughter however thought it was quite cute. The duffle bag is now beside my bed, and the lunch cooler goes with me in the car and into work.It is an awesome amount of weight-dead body-like! I am once again writing down what I eat & assigning a point value. I think I am going to get awfully sick of looking at that duffle bag-it is such a long way to go. I figure every 5 lbs I lose-I'll take out a sack and put it in another 'weight-lost' duffle or give it or throw it away.
What do you think? Has anyone ever tried this method before?
Of course, I have problems with depression, impulse control & negative thinking-how else would I have gotten myself into this situation.
I'm hoping this is the right forum for me-I really need to do this for the last time........
jerseysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Let's make it a more active group-I need you!
jerseysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaf63 View Post
Looks like I am a bit late in answering because I posted before I understood about subscribing to threads, but sounds great! I wish I knew exactly how much I need to lose but whenever I feel fat, I veer away from the scale in fear of finding out that I'm fatter than I thought. If this makes sense to you, you're the perfect buddy for me!

I'll look forward to hearing from you in future!
Dear Samantha,

Sorry, I'm late in replying as well. I've been dealing with an "atypical migraine headache" since Dec. 15. Some days I can't see straight. I start with a new round of new doctors the end of this month.

How are you doing? What kind of food plan are you trying to follow?

Would you like to exchange menus in the morning, and then share how we did in the evening? I know that sometimes that won't be possible, but we can try.

I'm trying to follow the Weight Watchers core plan. I had great success with it about 2 years ago, but once I stopped going, the weight all came back.

I had oatmeal made with milk and a ripe banana for lunch. I plan on having a large salad with sliced turkey and garbanzo beans for lunch with 1 tsp of olive oil for dressing, and which ever fruit I have that is the most ripe.

I need a mid-afternoon snack so that I don't binge before dinner. I usually have a Weight Watchers fudgicle at night, but I'm going to try to cut that out: at 100 calories per, or 3000 per month, they cost me about 1 pound a month. Maybe I'll try the fudgicle at 3:30 pm. Dinner will be a chicken breast, mashed potatoes with diet margarine, carrots, and another fruit.

Tomorrow we're going to visit my daughter who lives a 2 hour drive from here. Won't be returning until Saturday afternoon. So to a large degree my food choices will be out of my control. So I'll need to focus on portion control.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Miriam
Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 300/270/140

Height: 5'8

I worked so hard to loss 40 pounds in 6 months just to gain back 25 of them in 3 months. I fell of the wagon during the Holidays. I am trying really hard to remotivate myself. SO THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM STARTING OVER.
Cassia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

Ladies may I join you ? In 2005 I lost 25 pounds doing WW at home and I was really starting to feel better but I fell off the wagon after being told I had Cancer. I joined WW last Thursday weighing 177.8 and I am down to 176. I MUST do it this time for health reasons and I really need the SUPPORT of this group.
Kathy
FishTownGirl518 is offline   Reply With Quote