Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #1  
_________

Default OK, thanks anyway...

I thought this was the "support" forum...but seeing how you guys closed my thread I can see that there's not much support going on...just rejection.

No problem. There are other health boards out there.
It's obvious that I don't need to come back here since my thread is being closed so I cannot discuss.

OK, thanks anyway...
Rockrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

This place is suppportive maybe there was a similar thread like yours.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Did you read what was said They want you to lose weight a healthy way and not starve yourself. Check out the 100 + pounds section. they could give you some advice on where to begin.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

FYI, if you read the other thread, you will see why yours was closed. Often we encounter people here who use starvation diets. Since they aren't healthy, this site can't condone them. Those that choose this method, we encourage to find support in our eating disorders forum "Chicks in Control". We do wish you the best with your weight loss and hope you will find a healthy, sustainable form of weight loss.

Here is a quote from your previous thread from Suzanne:
We wish you the best of health, but we don't support extreme or starvation diets here. Our goal is reaching a healthy weight through a healthy diet and fitness program.

We would like to encourage you to browse some of our diet forums such as Weight Watchers or South Beach, and see if anything looks appealing to you. We'd be happy to support you as you follow the plan as written.

You might also be interested in our Chicks in Control forum, which is filled with great people that struggle with eating patterns, many are recovering from eating disorders.

Good luck
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #5  
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom View Post
This place is suppportive maybe there was a similar thread like yours.
Whoever closed the thread should have said so.
Since they didn't, I doubt that there is. The lack of explanation says alot.

They must have not liked what I said and instead of letting me know what that might have been, they decided to push me out by closing my thread, which is fine.

There are many times in life were we discover that things aren't compatible with who we are or what we're doing. I think this is one of those times for me.

Not everything and everybody are compatible for association.
So, I can get the hint. No problem.

I'll be moving on now...
Old 03-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
Whoever closed the thread should have said so.
Since they didn't, I doubt that there is. The lack of explanation says alot.

They must have not liked what I said and instead of letting me know what that might have been, they decided to push me out by closing my thread, which is fine.

There are many times in life were we discover that things aren't compatible with who we are or what we're doing. I think this is one of those times for me.

Not everything and everybody are compatible for association.
So, I can get the hint. No problem.

I'll be moving on now...

If you read your thread and my above post, you will see the explanation.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #7  

3FC is all about coming together to support each other in safe, healthy ways to lose weight. You might not realize this, but there are a number of teenagers who post here - and countless others who may be reading at any given time. Now, I've been around long enough to have learned what works for me and what doesn't - but I remember all too well those days when I was willing to try ANYTHING to lose weight, and I hate to think what might happen to some of the younger kids here who might read your threads and think "hey - maybe I should try that!!". Just like the mods wouldn't allow threads that are pro-ana, they also shouldn't allow threads that promote basic starvation (albeit in your "healthful" way) as a great weight loss method.

And FWIW, everyone on your other thread was right - your scale may be moving downward, but you're losing primarily water and (not easily replaced) muscle mass. Start eating again and that weight is going to climb back on again, plus more.
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #8  
_________

OK, thanks anyway...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I found Rockz' thread was actually helpful in combating unhealthy starvation diets because all of the responders discussed why it's a bad idea. This would help convince others (especially the young girls we are concerned about) reading the threads WHY starving is not the way to go.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #10  
LLV

Well, I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. But instead of running away, why don't you stick around and talk to us to find out good ways to lose weight. You can do it. Just like we did.

I must say that 3FC has been a primary support source for me since I started my new lifestyle (and that's what you have to do, change your lifestyle, not starve yourself). I've lost just about all of my weight and I'm still here. And there's a reason for that. The people here are very supportive, I've ALWAYS had my questioned answered, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear, and the mods are all caring and supportive as well.

This is bar none the absolute best weight loss support group on the internet. And we'll help you. But you have to give us that chance. Don't take it personal that 3FC doesn't support starvation (and I'm dang glad they don't), instead say ok, I know that's not the way to go, so can someone help point me in the right direction?

Nobody's turning you away. They just don't advocate what you're trying to do because you'll severely damage your health. You CAN NOT go without food for that long and that often. I knew of a woman once who was oh, probably about 250 or 260. She decided to do exactly what you were planning to do. She ended up in the hospital with heart failure. And she's only in her 20's.

You don't want that.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #11  

If you want starvation support, then you always have the choice of going to a warped, body harming teen forum with many women who starve, purge, fast, and do many different forms of desperate short term solutions to lose weight. Those are always open.

But your starving PURPOSELY isn't good influence to the many women who struggle to be healthy. Instead of acting that way, like we're purposely pushing you out because we "don't accept you", (which isn't true), you could at least have been respectful to all the women who struggle with the task of not starving (specifically me).

The thread was closed. You weren't banned. Doesn't that mean something?
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Rockrz.

I find calorie counting the way to go. Its so scientific! LOL You figure out how many calories you need for your height, weight and age (you'll find a reasonable range out there of different numbers so pick one) just at rest plus normal daily activities, then you add up the number of calories you're burning with exercise, and you deduct your total calories eaten in that day to get your deficit. Once your deficit adds up to 3500 calories, you should be seeing a 1 pound or so weight loss. Anyway, focus on burning calories through exercise at least as much as diminishing calories. Also, if you're so committed to losing that you actually go days without eating (and that is MAJOR committment), how about expending some of that energy counting calories and logging everything you eat on fitday.com.

Maybe you can come back under a new screen name and just join in. I agree that this is a wonderful and helpful forum..I was barely losing til I joined and I've lost about 20 pounds since then..hey and they dont even pay me to say that LOL!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerchick View Post

The thread was closed. You weren't banned. Doesn't that mean something?
Wouldn't banning her be a little bit extreme? She might just be totally lost and really needs help. If she can't post, how can she ask for that?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #14  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Wouldn't banning her be a little bit extreme? She might just be totally lost and really needs help. If she can't post, how can she ask for that?
I think Gamerchick was pointing out that the forum didn't *reject* her precisely because they DIDN'T ban her. I don't think that Gamerchick intended to imply that she should have been banned.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikaia View Post
I think Gamerchick was pointing out that the forum didn't *reject* her precisely because they DIDN'T ban her. I don't think that Gamerchick intended to imply that she should have been banned.
Oh, she said you WEREN'T banned.

Ok, my eyes are playing tricks on me. I thought she said, "the thread was closed, you were banned."

My apologies, I simply read it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out