Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #1  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Default Slim62

Romance boosting drug turn weightloss pill. Anyone heard of it, does it work?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #2  
it's always something

I can't find anything in google, are you sure about the name? Do you have a link?

thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #3  
Mom of 4

Here is the link for it. It might be called SlimSeduction instead.

http://www.slimseduction.com/?m=ssv7&camp=slim62
Old 03-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I looked at the ingredients and there was only one ingredient that I didn't recognize:

Guggul - Guggulsterones (This information was provided by them, not by a third party)

Guggulsterones have been used in ayruvedic medicine in India for thousands of years. Guggulterones, or guggulipids, extracted from to Comiphora mukul plant are believed to help regulate thyroid function, which in turn among other functions regulates metabolism.

Research studies using guggelsterones showed a reduction in triglycerides (fats) and LDL (bad) cholesterol as well as increases in HDL (good) cholesterol7. Further studies have shown similar effect of guggulsterones related to reduction of body fat8.

http://www.slimseduction.com/ingredients.php

It looks like a pretty standard diet pill to me, containing ingredients that haven't been proven to be effective and may be potentially dangerous (synephedrine).
Old 03-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #5  
it's always something

Guggulipid - According to Berkeley Wellness (University of CA) it has potential in reducing cholesterol, but their statement about thyroid function is quite different -

Quote:
Pregnant women and people with thyroid disorders, as well as those on medications such as calcium channel blockers, should not take guggulipid, nor should women with menstrual problems. Possible side effects include excessive menstrual bleeding. Digestive disorders, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, have also been reported.
I wonder why the company is claiming it can regulate thyroid function

The pill is loaded with stimulants. Yerba mate, guarana, and green tea are sources of caffeine. Advantra Z® (10 % synephrine) is bitter orange, a strong stimulant that works like ephedra in the body and is on the Consumer Reports dirty dozen list of most dangerous supplements. Dandelion is a diuretic, so maybe if you pee off a pound you'll think you lost weight. Calcium has been shown to be helpful in weight loss when from dairy sources, not supplements.

I'm totally confused how any of this creates a passion pill
Old 03-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't know! I was wondering the same. Although, it is usually self esteem of those that are overweight that results in decreased sexual drive rather than the weight itself. Weird claims
Old 03-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #7  
Mom of 4

Thanks for your input. A friend asked me about this pill this morning and I told her I would see what I could find out. I for one prefer to do this the old fashion way, its how I lost the first 57 and its how I will loose the rest.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/235/140

Height: 5'6

Wink

New to this and happy to find this link. Look forward to be here!!
I am trying to find a way to lose weight but I work so many crazy hours that I really don't have the time to work out. any input will be nice. i know that eating right will help, kinda hard when you smell fries and burgers when its lunch time.)

Last edited by lilmisscountry; 06-27-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Closed Thread