Old 03-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Are You Commited? March 12-18

Hello 3FC Friends! Are you committed to staying on plan today?

Last night, Hubby and I returned from our weekend trip to Georgia. We have fallen in love with the area and will probably be moving there soon. Yes, I am committed to my plan again! I want to look great and feel more confident when I meet new friends and neighbors.

Today's Committment: I will only eat the foods on my plan...nothing else!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Rhonda you were obviously very impressed to move to the area. Sounds like you will be starting a new life in many ways.
I am going to only eat whole good for me foods, the superfoods and I have already done my weights later today I will walk for one hour.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'm staying committed to vegetables. I've done so much better since I've been putting this committment to "paper". Next time I go to the grocery store I'm even going to buy asparagus and use Robin's recipe.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi ladies.

How very exciting Rhonda. I wish Hubby and I would have been so bold and made a big move while our kids were still young. Good for you. I wish you tons and tons of good luck.

Tricia, buy LOTS of the asparagus. It's THAT good and at only 3.6 calories a stalk and 1/2 gm. of fiber, you can eat LOTS of it

Okay after a slippery start last week I wound up with a good week under my belt. Recommiting was just what I needed. I am feeling completely gung-ho again. And I like it!!!

Today's committment:

- Stay on plan. Which means no extra bites of ANYthing. No nibbling, no sampling. No nothing.
- Drink lots of waterI
- Exercise
- Remeber how far I've come and how far I still have to go.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 03-12-2007 at 04:54 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Can I recommitt for tomorrow? I want a fresh start and today's menu hasn't been that.

Tomorrow I will eat on plan and increase my fiber and drink water!!

I need to do this for my health!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Am I committed? YOU BETCHA!! Water - yep, food on plan - check, walking in, check. I LOVE this life now!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #7  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Glad you had a nice visit to GA Rhonda! I live up north, and I love the south. I hope to relocate there one day.

Sandi - if you can, recommit NOW. Whatever you ate today, it's done. But you can change what you eat tonight.

I am committed. Eating was great (although I did give into two Irish Potatoes - which I just found out aren't even an Irish tradition... go figure!) Water is on pace for the day, and I just got in my exercise. It really does make you feel great. I wonder why I sometimes dread it?

Now I can go veg out and watch a movie.

Hope everyone's had a great day!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning fellow loozers!

Yesterday was a really, really good day. I DID have an extra nibble here and there, but nothing with nothing - 2 bites of chicken and yes, 2 of my kids french fries (bad Robin), but my calories for the day were low. A good exercise and water day as well.

Today will be a different story. I will be out for a few hours and won't have my usual stuff around me. I will bring some healthy snacks with me (like cut up veggies) to tide me over. We shall see how it goes.

So for today I am commited to:

-Staying within my calorie allotment and resisting outside temptations as I travel.
-Water will be hard to do the usual, same reasons as above. Will try to get in as much as possible when I get home (and near the toilet)
-Exercise. I have a lot of walking to do, so that will be good and then to get in my usual stuff. Today is abs and arm day in addition to all my other stuff.

Have a great and commited day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Committed to veggies...that seems to be working.

Everything else is going pretty well, water, exercise, calories...it's just that I'm so stubborn about those darn veggies!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Committed?? YEP! We're going ATv riding again this weekend, and we'll be meeting up with some friends we haven't seen all winter ~ I am hoping they will be able to notice a difference in me. I have 10 weeks to go until our BIG ride when I'll see about 80 friends I haven't seen all winter - so that gives me more time to dump some more of this fat before then!

I was way under for my calories a couple of days this week, so I need to make sure I am eating enough the rest of the week. (man does that sound weird, NOT eating enough....ME?? is this the same person??)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #11  

Height: 5.6

Default I am back in the land of the living

Hi everyone!!

Well - I had a weekend of running 102 temp, left work early yesterday - went to doctor to find out that I either have bronchitis or pneumonia...
No wonder I felt like garbage! I got some really good meds and I am feeling a lot better - but no exercising for several days - the whole lung thing - so I am doing extreme stretching instead!

I did get to see my primary care physician and while I was there she also gave me lab results from my check up - and these are why I am staying committed:

My fasting blood sugar dropped by 30 points (almost normal now) still waiting for the results of my A1C test - that takes a bit longer to come in...

My cholesterol dropped by 20 points (almost normal)

My heart rate and blood pressure are both normal - (they are actually reducing those meds - don't want them to go too low - I will eventually be off the meds entirely)

My liver enzymes are way down.

Admittedly - my kidney proteins were not down - but she said that may take more time - because I did have high cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes and the only thing being treated for the longest time was just the blood pressure - so that may take more time - we don't know yet.

As of right now - my doctor wants to wait 3 more months before she changes my diabetes medication - because she said that once I bring everything with in range - she is going to give me the opportunity to maintain it by diet alone....
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

Penney - hope you get well soon. And, looks like your test results are headed in the right direction. That is truly great news!

Well, 3FC friends....I will confess. I have not been 100% committed since last week. I'm getting a bit aggravated with myself. I have a lot on my plate right now....working, taking care of family and preparing the house for sale...and I'm dealing with the mixed emotions of wanting to move, yet not wanting to leave my Dad...and the stress of knowing that my 11 year old daughter doesnt want to move. All of this is distracting me from my goals of losing weight and getting healthier. There will always be stresses in life and I really need to learn how to work through them and still eat healthy and exercise. Its all a part of learning how to live differently...and it sure isnt easy!

My committment for today - no sugar! I've been sneaking in some sugary things for the last 5 days. I can't afford to slip back into the sugar addiction again!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #13  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Rhonda, here's a for you. You hang in there! You are dealing with A LOT right now, and I know it's tough. When I think of all my past attempts, they all ended due to a major change in my life. Moving, a new job, a new position at my current job. This doesn't have to happen for you! I wish I had some advice, but I don't, so all I can offer is encouragement.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

Tiffany, thank you for the encouragement. I am still majorly struggling with trying to get my head in the game. I'm embarrassed to still be posting as I feel like such a fraud. But, I'm going to keep joining in with 3FC anyways and keep trying to get my focus back.

Today's committment: Still no sugar! This is the hardest challenge I faced with starting this journey and I feel like I won't totally lose my control if I can just maintain that one change.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #15  

Height: 5.6

Rhonda - we are here for each other through ups and downs - There is nothing easy about what we are doing, especially when life just does not work together with us to make at least one thing a little bit easier for us. But, just remember - fine you may have had something that was off plan - but you just keep stepping back up to the plate. You have a LOT going on, and yet you keep moving forward - you refuse to quit or take a break from this. Seems like you are pretty focused to me, I am impressed!

I am as committed as I can be right now, I was up most of the night coughing, today my back and ribs are sore. I can't really exercise, walking just pretty much tears my lungs up right now and sucks the life out of my body. I am going to try lifting my free weights today. I am little sad - because Saturday is my weigh-in and I have not exercised at all since last week.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote