Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #1  
NCRed

S/C/G: 157

Height: 5'5"

Default Dissapointing week - What am I doing wrong?

Hi everybody,
I had a very dissapointing week. I weighed in on Sat and was up 1.4 lbs. I had a hard week travelling, eating late but I stayed on plan to the very best I could with eating out the whole time. I started out good with this program and lost 5 lbs. in the first week. But the second week I stayed static, the 3rd week I gained. When I think about how much money that 5 lbs. have cost me it makes me a little sick. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? I try to watch portion sizes in restuarants and don't eat all they serve me but sometimes I can't help the fact that we eat late. One day last week we had dinner at 9:00 pm. I had lunch at 3:00 one afternoon. I am using the Lites to help tide me over so I don't overeat when I do get to eat.
My only option would be to not eat and then I don't get all my required food in. Help!!
NCRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sorry for your disappointing week. I would say you definitely need to speak with your COD about your schedule and what foods you have available to you. There has to be a compromise, but I don't know what it is. You are paying them a lot of money for a service, make them work and help you solve your dilemma. Sorry I don't have any specific suggestions.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #3  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

It's also possible that you're already at a plateau or are just going to be a slow loser (like me!). Hang in there, and don't give up...I bet you'll see a drop in the numbers this week.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #4  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

I feel your pain!! I think that some people might just be slow losers, or like me... a sporatic loser. almost 10 weeks on the program and I've lost 17lbs, and I have been really good about being OP. On the bright side, look at the changes in your body, not just on the scale. I am wearing jeans that I didn't even know I still had already! Keep going, and do the best you can, you'll see results.
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

There are going to be good weeks and bad weeks.. There's just no sugar coating it.. The fact that you're a woman also plays into this.. Liz has had a tough time of it.. Imagine how she feels, watching me drop a LOT faster than she is, doing the same things I'm doing.. It's not your fault..

I basically think you're body is still going through adjustments. Add to that, your travel schedule and eating later than you should. When you eat late, it takes much longer for your body to burn off the food, no matter how good the food is.

Stay strong and stick with it!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #6  
Vic

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

NCRed...

Are you exercising at all? My friend who has been OP since fall gave me some tips...mix up your foods to keep your body guessing, exercise a little and drink all your water. She also said to make sure to get all your food in. Sometimes she said she would plan her whole day the night before. Hope that helps.
Seagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hard as it may be........taking care of yourself is in fact a lifestyle change........and eating at regular times, and when your body signals you to eat really is necessary. We have all had to make adjustments in our lives to make this program work. Nothing is more important than good health. I am not at all being unsympathetic.......I am just trying to say that even though you are doing your best to be OP..........you may have to make bigger changes in your life. I realize that you have to travel for work.........and I cannot imagine how difficult that would be..........but maybe you will have to get your dinner from the grocery store instead of a restaurant. I am quite certain that washing lettuce in a hotel room would be a bit inconvenient........but there is just NOTHING convenient about taking good care of yourself. I think, as women, we put ourselves last soo often. And our self-sacrifice can come in many forms. It is most often talked about in relation to motherhood.......but women, as a whole, whether they are mothers or not, are very good at self sacrifice. Sometimes I think it is unfair that women who do not have children do not take notice of their own self sacrifices because society just doesn't address the issue for women in general, but more toward mothers. This couldn't be further from reality. It can be huge things........like taking a job that is unsatisfying, to small, seemingly insignificant things......like styling your hair the way you DH/SO wants you to.

One positive change seems to beget another.........so, if it is at all possible for you to make one tiny little change about how you prioritize your eating habits.......then do that one little thing. It will get easier and easier. Get to know every grocery store or fresh food market you can in your regular travels.....and go there........daily if you need to. If you have to dine with clients and you are required to eat in a restaurant......then eat some whole foods (fresh fruits and veggies) before your dinner meetings if possible..........and eat very very lite at the restaurant. This is not going to be easy by any means.........but you know.......you are so worth it. Your heart will thank you If I took your post out of context.......please don't be offended. I really do hope you keep trying............you will find a way, I have no doubt.

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 03-12-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: forgot to spell check :)
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #8  
NCRed

S/C/G: 157

Thank you all for your suggestions. Good news, I weighed in this morning and I was back down. I finally am out of the 150s. I hit 149 this morning. YEAH!!! A couple of days at home where I am in better control helped. But I leave again this afternoon for Baltimore so it will be a challenge again. My councelor was very supportive and gave me some additional good suggestions that may help. But thanks for your encouragement. It means a lot in this difficult journey. I just keep imagining myself in a swimsuit that I am not ashamed to been seen in when we go to St. Kitts in July.
NCRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

WTG! Hopefully this travelling will get easier for you.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #10  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

WTG on your loss!!! Dan is right. There will be good weeks and bad weeks. You will average about 2 pounds a week, so that means there probably will be times where you lose just ounces or even gain. Traveling might make things a little more inconvenient, but as Nicole said, your health is very worth it. Keep it up!!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRed View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. Good news, I weighed in this morning and I was back down. I finally am out of the 150s. I hit 149 this morning. YEAH!!! A couple of days at home where I am in better control helped. But I leave again this afternoon for Baltimore so it will be a challenge again. My councelor was very supportive and gave me some additional good suggestions that may help. But thanks for your encouragement. It means a lot in this difficult journey. I just keep imagining myself in a swimsuit that I am not ashamed to been seen in when we go to St. Kitts in July.
YEAH!!! I love getting into a new set of numbers.......... wow. the 140's!! I can't wait to join you!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRed View Post

No crab cakes while you're in Baltimore!!!!

Congrats on getting back on track! Keep it up!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote