Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #239!

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 AM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in to tell every one to have a great weekend!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #3  
ugggg.....

Going to go to my 19 year old niece's baby shower today--my SIL asked me to do the games. There was a great thread on here that gave me a few ideas. It should be fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up

Hi all: Just here to say hello and have a great weekend !!

I'm on pager duty, but I'm hoping it's a quiet weekend. But I have to stay close to the house, so I'm going to look around the other forums and see what looks good.

Started low carbing today. Had a cheddar omlette for breakfast. My hubby agreed last night to also low carb, but then he went to breakfast with co-workers this morning... I hope he remembered.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Just a quick one to tell everyone hello. A big to Karin.

My sister Maggie came out for coffee this morning, and we had a good time talking about the old days when we were kids, lol.

I have a healthy salad planned for lunch later that includes salad greens, a few chopped walnuts, some dried cranberries, 2 oz. cooked chicken, and a lot of baby tomatoes, green peppers and cucumbers. Mmmmmm!!

But before that, I want to sweep off the front porch and get the furniture cleaned up on the patio. I also want to wash up some blankets and hang them out to dry. The sun is out and the temp is rising - WooHoo!! Another day outdoors for me. The birds are going crazy making nests already, and are chattering away. It's music to my ears.

What're your plans for the day?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

to Karin! Glad to have you a part of our group. Looking forward to getting to know you more.

This is a quicky ladies.....DD is sick this weekend and I want to make sure I'm handy if she needs me. There is a bug that is going around and SO many people have it!

Just wanted to say Mornin' to you all!

I will chat when I have more time.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 03-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy and active!Sorry i wasn't around yesterday but i was out of town.i didn't get my regular workout in but i spent 4-5 hourS buzzing around malls.today my workout so far is washing walls and floors and cleaning out closets.Doesn't the spring approaching just get everyone in the mood for cleaning.I am still on track with my diet.i am going to try hard to get the scale down for monday.have a great day everyone!!KEEP MOVING!!
Old 03-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #8  

I love that the weatherbug on the computer is saying that it is 50 degrees out today. And the best part of all, is that the snow is almost gone!!!!

Marti~ I hope Jhanai gets better soon!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Forgot what was on the last thread and not really wanting to make notes right now, sorry. But...

TINA...about painting before moving in...I wish we were going to be able to paint the new house before moving in but they won't let us in early. It doesn't need to be painted, since it is a new house and they already painted. But we want to make it ours and will just have to paint around the boxes, lol.

SUE... to your first showing already! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that it sells quick!

MARTI...sorry to hear Jhanai is feeling bad, hope she gets better soon.

JANE...it is supposed to be near 70 here today! Unfortunately I will be stuck inside all day packing. Put a dent in it yesterday and got Josh's room all packed and out to the garage. Did my closet and little things around there and most of the linen closet. Today working on the rest of the linen closet, except for the towels the kids are using (ours are in our bath) and the kitchen. Going to get everything in the kitchen except for the few dishes we will need and can't live without. Glad you had a nice visit with your sis.

MINDEE...V is working today also. He's going to work all the overtime he can since he will be taking most of the week off when we move.

JULES...I have not been to a baby shower in years! But they are fun and I hope you guys have a GREAT time!

4AMY...good for you for staying on track with your eating! I'd have to say a 4 hour walk in the mall is plenty of exercise! Hope you have a great WI!

HI KARIN...an omelet sounds so good right now. Glad hubby is going to low carb it with you. It's always nice having the support.

HI to everyone else

Well, as I mentioned to Jane, I am spending this beautiful day indoors today packing, it's gotta be done unfortunately and soon. But I did make time for my exercise. Was so tired the last two days I didn't get to it but made a point of getting it done first. Did my 2 mile WATP and a mile on the treadmill. I don't want my exercise to suffer because of moving but I know as it gets to the actual moving part it will. I will be too pooped to do anything so will have to stay OP for sure. Anyway...just wanted to say Hi and wish everyone a very happy weekend!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Quick note ~ I'm off to hollywood! My daughters. So I hope to eat properly and I just might not be able to drink as much....in the car for 5 hours and don't want to pull over 20 times. I guess I could always buy some of those astronaut diapers. LOL!

I'll be back tomarrow! I'll let you know if I see any movie stars!

Tina
Old 03-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #11  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Finally we have wonderful weather today...in the mid 60's. I've already taken the boys (my two pups) for two long walks and just finished vacuming. Don't know what we will do the rest of the weekend considering that we blew $8500 on countertops last night. I may spend some time on the net searching for some new cabinet pulls to pull the entire update of the kitchen together but since I've blown the entire capital budget for the year, might have to stay with the old ones. If I replace them, I'll need 48...ouch!! Just think, I could have had my eyes done for less than the amount for the countertops. I told dh that I wanted the old bags removed from my eyes for my 50th b-day, so hopefully I'll use next year's bonus $$ for that. DH won't go into debt for most things so I have to wait for his yearly bonus or the tax return.

Hope everyone's weekend is wonderful. Talk to ya'll later!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

Hello Ladies! I hope this finds everyone in good health!

I haven't been able to get online much this week---2 brand new computers in the house, and neither was acting right! I ended up taking one to Best Buy, and after a diagnostic check they determined that the RAM needed to be replaced! First Gateway I've ever owned, and after only 3 weeks, it crashed! I sure hope I didn't waste my money with that!

My husband and I have started bowling again, after taking off for 8 years. We plan on joining a summer league, but started practising last weekend. Well, I made a mistake of using a 14 pound ball...I used to use a 16, but had Carpal Tunnel Release surgery in both wrists 2 years ago, so I was a little paranoid to cause stress to the wrists....turns out the 14 # ball was too heavy..but not for my wrists...for my shoulder. I'm not giving up though. I bowled today with a 12 # and that worked out for me.

My shoulder is really bothering me, to the point where it's been hard to use my right arm to drive my car! I have been desperately trying to get it better all week, from ice packs, to heat patches, to excersizing it, but nothing is helping. I haven't been able to sleep very well at night, due to being a side sleeper and I can't sleep on that side! Does anyone know of any miracles?? I refuse to let this stop me from doing any activities, but the pain is sometimes excrutiating!

My girls and I are still doing Curves together. They go on Tues and Thurs evenings, but I like to go early in the morning on MOn, Wed, and Friday. They like me to do the routines with them, so guess what? I went all 5 days last week, and it didn't even feel like it! I think what I like about Curves is that to do the whole routine, is only about 30 minutes----hardly any time at all, and it's worth 30 minutes a day to get in shape!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Good evening everyone.

We went to an electronics store today and they had a line of expensive massage chairs that people could try out. My daughter and I got in them. Of course without realizing it I chose the one called King Kong and it was like $2,500! Oh my! I got worked over- lol. Had had some knots in my back that it hurt while getting worked out but my back feels so much better- lol. I got a free 15 massage. I told my hubby it would be worth driving down there once a month for a free massage. I am sure we looked silly to the shoppers walking by, we were laughing and having a good time.
I stopped by Walmart to get the 1, 2 and 3 miles WTP dvd I had seen. They don't have it anymore, it's been replaced by the 3 and 4 mile walk with a stretch band. Was only $13, so I went ahead and got it. My goal was to get 2 miles of the 3 done, but it was so fast paced I just couldn't. I did do over a mile though.
I have surpassed my exercise in minutes goal for the week. I think I will step it up a little bit next week, but going to keep it reasonable. My cousin's wife is going to start walking with me one evening a week when I have to take my son into town for the community band he just joined, so that will help me with my goals and help her at the same time :-)

Ok, I am outta here. Have a good Sunday.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:35 AM   #14  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LADIES~

I'm still hanging in there, just have been having a hard week with missing my mom. It's been rainy, dark and gloomy, and it always seems to do that to me. Oreo go her cast off on Wednesday morning, and she was so happy and full of energy. I bet it felt so good to her to be free again. Today DH and I just went out to lunch and grocery shopping. I have slowly started back with my WATP, but can only do 1 mile right now. I hope all of you are doing good and have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 03-11-2007, 01:34 AM   #15  

hello ladies!

just popping in real quick since I need to get to bed. we are taking the boys to Autorama on Sunday. (it is a car show, but mainly for old cars) they are going to have a life size Lightning McQueen and Mater from the movie "Cars" so they are looking forward to that. we went out tonight and they ended up getting cowboy hats. I will have to get them uploaded onto the computer so I can let you guys see my cheese balls.

Brandon just got up, so unfortunately I have to cut this short. Right now, he is laying on the couch, but I am not exactly sure how much longer he will stay that way.
Closed Thread