South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:41 AM   #1  
Working for the Cruise!

Default Weekend Chat on the Beach!

Morning Ladies! Coffee and tea are both on the stove, with espresso nearly ready to go. (Just bought a vintage old copper cappuccino machine at a garage sale yesterday!)

Didn't get in to post yesterday but congrats to RNMom on the new baby!

We're in for a rainy day here, but 47° so I'm not complaining! I'm watching the kiddo today, though I normally don't have him on weekends.

Megan and I have set the date....we begin SB on April 1st. We're going to Barnes and Noble today to read up. Though I've been here before, she's a newbie. We have to make sure she can handle this first. She hates all veggies except for the starchy ones....it's gonna be tough.

We're also out shopping today for some prizes for the games at our Bridal Shower in 2 weeks. Any ideas ladies? What would you like to win? Budget is small, remember, we're in college!

After shopping and dropping the kiddo, I'm off to the restaurant. Going to try to get in some exercise early this morning. We'll see how that goes.

Hope you ladies have a lovely day!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yeeay for the weekend! What I love about Saturdays is that Jake gets up at the crack of dawn and has the coffee ready by the time I make it downstairs. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

AdiaFaith, Good morning! We're supposed to warm up to 50* here, although it will overcast. But that's fine with me, as long as it's warmer! For ideas for the wedding shower, hmmm, all I can think of is bath and beauty products, they're always popular. Or maybe kitchen gadgets and things like pot holders and dish towels? Enjoy your new expresso maker, I wish I had one! I have one of those Senseo things, but I'm not real thrilled with it. It makes just a tiny cup of coffee, I usually have to use 3 pods to get a decent size cup!

Nothing much is happening around here today, I think. Little Carley has the croup, so I don't think they'll be coming out today. We'll probably make a trip to Walmart for a little shopping, and I want to stop in to visit Mom & Dad, but that's about it. Amber will probably come over for a while this evening, and I'll be going with them to Audrey's birthday party tomorrow.

Don't forget to SPRING FORWARD before going to bed tonight!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Adia Oy! Just rain sounds good to me. Freezing rain is predicted this morning followed by milder weather until the middle of the week when it plummets again! My lads will be disappointed as they are itching to tap the maple trees and start making maple syrup. I really do believe spring will come but......

Cottage, send the warmer weather up her, OK? It's just 20F at the moment. Thanks for the reminder about the time change. I actually had forgotten.

Little Chick, won't it be great when you are rid of that job and can relax on the weekend. I hope DD's cyst is nothing and a quick heal.

RNMOM, it's great to see you back and congratulations on the new grandbaby. Pictures, please!

Gettinit, how did the baking turn out? I must get back to baking so I have something great to offer friends when they drop in for tea.

Soon I'm so glad the scale is moving the right way for you. You are going to be a svelte bride come June.

Mamajok, the cruise sounds just wonderful and relaxing. Isn't that a coincidence meeting folks that were practically neighbours. I must congratulate you on the weightloss! I'm one of those people who gains a pound a day on a cruise!

Aimee,, Seattle is certainly on my wish list. It sounds beautiful. Next trip to Nanaimo, I'll try to work it in. Enjoy your holiday.

Bunna, I'm glad the visit to the F&F Centre gave you some good news. Doing Phase I for a bit is a great idea to get yourself focused again.

Kestrel, I hope the tea with honey soothed your throat. I keep zinc lozenges on hand and they seem to work well for me in stopping a sore throat.

Hey, Stinger Take time to breathe!

I am about to hobble down to the grocery store to retrieve my car! I slipped on the ice last evening and really hurt my knee. A friend drove me home in her car and I iced it off and on last evening. It's pretty sore but bearable this morning so I'll grab my cane and go down to get my darling Focus. I see the ortho on Tuesday so think I can manage on Aleve and ice until then.

After that, I'll make some "fake Indian" appetizers for the dinner party tonight. There is no way I am going to make samosas or anything else deep fried! I'm doing wee pork balls in a peanut sauce and snow peas with some curry laced cream cheese and black sesame seeds - all SBD approved so I know there will be something I can eat.

What's happening for your weekend?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #4  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Hi All!

I have been so MIA.. but for good reason! On thursday, I had Sinus Surgery. It wasnt supposed to happen until Monday, but because of equiptment issues.. they had to move me up. Which actually was fine, since I'll Heal sooner!

SO, I will be in and out the next few days. RIght now, all I want is yogurt, broth and cool drinks to go down my throat. I feel pretty good though!

anyhow.. I wanted to let you all know that I havent abandoned it all.. just out of commission for a little while!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Karen, get better fast! Eat and drink what you need to eat and don't fret about it.

I got my car back - the walk wasn't too painful - and got dragged into the LH for breakfast. I was strong and ordered a poached egg on toast - whole wheat toast, of course!

Now I've got to get this day on track and do something!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Hello -

A rainy, gray Saturday - but I suppose if it is raining it is warmer, so I should be embracing it. It is melting all of that snow and I can actually see grass (brown though it may be!).

Today I have a recital to go to for one of my kids (keep in mind I have no children, but DH and I consider my RA staff to the "the kids" and I do what I can to support them.) Ruth - I hope you are feeling better are able to rest your knee this weekend. You asked about working nights. I have a live-on position at the college which requires one night a week and a weekend a month of duty - on call is 4:30 pm - 4:30 pm, but rounds do not start until 9:00 pm and on weekends last until 3:00 am. DH will tell you that any call after 4:30 am means someone is going to the hospital and it certainly means I have to drag myself out of bed. I also have a few other random nights thrown in - last week for a poster contest reception, this coming week two nights (I don't expect to be home before 11) as a part of next year's RA selection process. It can be tiring, but also rewarding.

Cottage - congratulations on being made a moderator!

Adia - for showers I have often purchased sale stuff at Bath and Body Works - soaps, lotions, anitbacterial gel. You could also so kitchen stuff, packets of note cards/stationary, books of quotes/inspirations (often on sale at bookstores).

Jovimom - warm wishes for a speedy recovery!

Mamajok - your cruise sounded wonderful. I have been on two which were wonderful, your review makes me want to plan another!

DH went off to play board games and I may need to enjoy some quiet time with my book and the TIVO, before I actually get ready for the 'out in the world' part of my day!

Ally
Old 03-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #7  

Mornin' all!

Adia an espresso machine...I'll have a latte then

Karen Get well soon

Ruth I hope your knee is felling better ...mmmm, how I miss samosas!!

Cottage Congrats again on becoming the newest mod! Could you please pick me up a 20lb. bag of Iams Weight Control Cat Food at Wal-mart...the one in the blue bag!

I am up and dressed before 11, which for a Saturday is good for me. Groceries were delivered last night, so I'm about to start cooking for the week. On the menu is white chicken chili, enchiladas, jerk chicken with rice and beans, and beef fried rice.

The weather is beautiful today...already almost 50*. I might go out for a little photo walk this afternoon. I've been dying to take pictures, but the weather has been too icky!
Old 03-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #8  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies! I'm glad the weekend is finally here. DH shouldn't have to work too late tonight and he gets tomorrow off, plus he is excited about being home to cook again. Not only that, he'll be cooking the SB recipes for us, woo hoo!

AdiaFaith - cottage gave you some good ideas for the prizes, I'm horrible at that sort of thing. How about a small gift certificate to a local coffee shop or bookstore?

cottage - Thanks for the reminder about daylight savings, I had already forgotten!

DS is having a dramatic toddler meltdown so I'll be back later.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #9  

Hey girls!

I was MIA yesterday as we took the girls camping overnight. It was quite fun, although it got super cold last night. I think I am just too darn old to sleep on the hard ground. Our air mattress was at my mom's and we didn't realize it until we were packing up the car. We had a great time- the girls had so much fun!!!!!!

I have got to do something serious to get my eating under control. It may take going back to Phase 1, although I still seem to lose even when I do Phase 2 with no cheating. I don't know where my motivation has gone!! Can someone find it for me??

The girls are fighting.... more later....
Old 03-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #10  

Okay, only the chili has been made. I spent the afternoon at our free zoo and conservatory. I was just too nice to stay in and cook...

for all you flower lovers...here's a few shots from today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Triplets.jpg (34.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Orchid 2.jpg (30.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg March Flowers 1.jpg (26.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #11  

Anna That sounds much nicer than staying in and cooking! The pictures are really pretty.

Ruth I hope that your knee is okay.

I made Jet's Shrimp Scampie recipe tonight. Oh my goodness... if you haven't made it yet- you must. It was SO yummy! The only problem is that DH and I devoured the 4 serving recipe ourselves. It was wonderful though!

We are all cozied up and ready for bed- it is only 7:30 here. I love the eventual effect of springing forward, but as I get older it has gotten harder to lose that hour.

Have a wonderful evening my friends!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #12  

I noticed Kiko didn't tell you about our weather so I won't mention it either. I will say that I got Brian to try on all his shorts today and it looks like we are going to have to go shopping. Most of his 7's are too small (of course he is 9 so that makes sense).

I actually got a normal night of sleep last night and even slept in this morning. We have a change freeze on this weekend due to DST and my team lead is going to check out all the servers at 2 tomorrow morning so I get a break. I spent an hour at the gym this morning. It had been months since I made it to Powerflex and it was really hard! I'm out of shape.

DH took Brian out this afternoon so I got to work on creating the packets for junior staff and adult staff as well as started on the leader training book. I need to check with my program director and book some locations for the staff meetings and the junior staff training before I print the packets. I'll let the council print the leader training books since we will need over 200 of them probably.

No Sunday school tomorrow due to Spring break so I'm hoping to sleep in.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I slept in this morning, and now I'm all screwed up! I never sleep in this late unless I'm sick! Jake had the coffee ready, so all will be right in the world in a few minutes.

I have to run for now, but I'll be back in shortly.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. I actually set my alarm when I changed the clocks last night and was up by 7 New Time. The Girls were fast asleep when I came downstairs and were delighted to get their breakfast without having to bark to get it!

I'm skipping Church this morning as my knee is pretty swollen and painful. :9 I have the support on it at the moment but it's way too tight. I'm going to spend the morning icing it off and on as I want to go visit H. this afternoon.

Can I whine a bit? I have a major scale blip! Somehow I gained 3.5 pounds overnight! Oy! The Indian dinner last night? Today I will be glugging water and "undrinking" water most of the day and eating very lightly. Can curry cause you to hold water? Maybe it's the swelling in the knee.

It's going to be wonderfully mild this week. I intend to get the snow off my back deck so I can bask in the sun a bit - it's very sheltered. Spring is definitely on teh way - the cardinal is singing his mating song!

So what's happening on your part of the Beach today?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #15  
Working for the Cruise!

Thanks for all the ideas yesterday ladies. We are doing 10 big prizes for the games and then small loser gifts and favors for the rest. Still waiting on a headcount for that. Here's what we decided on:

* Fountain, battery powered with candles
* 4 Irish creme coffee mugs
* A gift certificate to Applebee's ($10)
* A $5 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble (and Starbucks), with some Godiva chocolates
* A bottle of wine (Chocolate Lab)
* A Coffee mug and a pound of Dunkin Donuts coffee
* A tea mug, some wedding tea, and 2 spoons with sugar stuff on them, one honey, one peach
* 2 movie passes, a box of candy and a bag of popcorn (In a cute basket/bag thing I found)
* A bath basket with a bath pillow, fortune cookie shaped bath fizz, 6 votive candles, body butter, and a book, "Stress Undressed"
* A book package with 2 insightful girly books, and a cute journal tied together with a ribbon

So that's under control for the moment. Just two more weeks!

No coffee for me this morning, I'm sipping the water today right along with Ruth. I had 2 glasses of red wine last night, but the combo of an empty stomach (not eating since noon and having the wine around midnight) and really heavy wine was not good for my tummy. I know, not eating for 12 hours that I was awake, slap me on the hand. Friday and Saturday nights it's hard to get anything into my system at the restaurant besides a small salad and some 12 grain batard, and that's on a good night. Last night was pretty busy for me.

That cigarette smell is going to kill me, I swear. My plan for today is to rehydrate and preview the new pilates tape I got. Then once hydrated, clean the kitchen and scrub all the floors with happy smelling lysol. Also would like to clean my new cappuccino machine!

Ruth - Don't be getting on the scale while you are injured! You know if there is swelling, there is water. Just rest and relax and think about the warmer week to come!

Cottage - Sundays are meant for sleeping in aren't they? Good morning!
What are you ladies up to today?
Closed Thread