Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #1  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Default when did you start to notice?

hiya all i've found it real hard to stick with diets in the past simply because i didn't see results in my deluded time frame lol i was just wondering for all those who have reached their goal weight..and all those who are still on their way...so i guess everyone lol how long did it take for you to start noticing the weight loss on yourself physically like in the mirror and also for people you know to start commenting (days, weeks... months?)
i think it would be a real motivator for me and im sure other people who have just started to be pateint because the results will happen.

supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It took me at least 2 or 3 months before other people started to notice. In my mind, it took a year because I couldn't see the day-to-day changes. I had to have a photo taken and when I looked at a similar photo that was from a year earlier, it finally dawned on me that I had changed. Perhaps you should do the same--take some photos and do it again each month and compare.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #3  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

For me, I started seeing results and other people did too after about a month, I was exercising everyday too. Another thing that I did is each month I would take a full body picture. It was amazing how I changed month after month, i have been back in the swing of things here recently because Im trying to drop that last 15, and I am noticing results very quickly in my tone.. its been about 2 weeks and I can see definition where as it was a little blubbery before.. I look alot tighter, which my diet has been pretty strict, which I know helps!
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I think I began to notice after taking off my first 20 lbs.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't know exactly how long it took me to lose each step of the way, but I do know other people noticed, mostly in my face at first, after about 20 to 30 pounds. I know that after I'd gotten under 200, and even until I was closer to 170, I STILL thought I looked extremely fat and that it wasn't making a big enough difference. That's when hubby showed me some pictures of myself from before and some more recent ones.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #6  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

It took 30 lbs before people starting noticing. But I could feel a difference in how my clothes fit by 5 lbs, so that kept me on track.

I find my weight stays steady for most of each month and then all of a sudden I've lost 3-5 lbs. So I have to keep myself motivated knowing the weight will come off and not to get on the scale every day. That would be really discouraging for me.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
I don't know exactly how long it took me to lose each step of the way, but I do know other people noticed, mostly in my face at first, after about 20 to 30 pounds. I know that after I'd gotten under 200, and even until I was closer to 170, I STILL thought I looked extremely fat and that it wasn't making a big enough difference. That's when hubby showed me some pictures of myself from before and some more recent ones.
I have some crazy body dysmorphia myself, some days are like looking in a fun house mirror, thats why pictures work best for me! For me I had only lost about 10lbs on the scale before anyone else noticed, but then again I was 175lbs before I started working out...
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I started working out with a trainer for a couple of months before I started restricting my calories so I started to feel a difference in how my clothes fit before I lost any weight. But I didn't notice a difference in the mirror and neither did anyone else.

I started limiting my calories in early November 05, and I distinctly remember that by the time I went home for Christmas at the end of December 05, I could really see a difference in the mirror. I'd lost around 10 pounds at that point. But not one single person in my family noticed that I lost any weight at all or even commented that I looked good--even after they knew I was working out regularly (I went to the gym while I was home)--it was sort of a downer . The only people that commented on my weight loss were my oh-so-nice-and-supportive friends who already knew I was trying to lose weight (thank God for friends! ). It wasn't until Feb or Mar of 06, at which point I was probably down about 20 pounds, that people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight started commenting on it.

This year when I went home for Christmas, everybody in the family commented on how thin I was (except for one step sister who is always off in a little world of her own)! You just have to stick with it; eventually they will all notice!

If you have any friends that are particularly supportive, it helps to tell them what you are doing. If they are smart, they'll tell you that you look great whether they can see that you've lost weight or not because they'll want to be encouraging. I also think that if people don't know whether or not you are trying to lose weight, they are reluctant to say anything until it becomes so obvious that they absolutely can't be wrong about it. It can be uncomfortable to ask someone if they've lost weight only to find out that they haven't.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

I'm only a month in, but I can tell you that I started noticing changes in my body after about 5lbs...... there is a mirror directly across from my shower, so everytime I get out I see all the bumps and rolls I have lost 11lbs and my dad and sister have said they noticed a change......my sister said that my butt in profile wasn't so round anymore!!

Keep at it, you will see changes sooner then you expect to!
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Very quickly. I could see a difference in my face after only a few pounds, and in the way my pants fit after a couple more.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote