South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #1  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Default Phase II Woes!!

I am currently a week into phase 2. I lost 9lbs on phase 1, and am now up a pound. Is this normal?? I expected to see a slow-down in weight loss, but I expected to see a loss. Has this happened to anyone? Am I doing something wrong? I following the meal plan. What's happening...
Old 03-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Don't despair! It happens a lot.

What "meal plan" are you following? The one in the book adds back too many carbs at first, IMHO.

Most chicks follow what we call Phase I.5. Check out the stickies in the FAQ especially the Phase II Combo one and the Phase II emergency handbook for some hints.

If you can't spot anything, post a day's menus with quantities and perhaps we can spot the problem.

Hang in there. Help is at hand.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

I'm following the book - the one I got 2 years ago. Is it the fruit? I haven't really had any grains. I've also had yogurt. And Mini Wheats for breakfast.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yogurt and milk are fine, even on Phase I - see the revised list. I think you would be wise to just add one thing. Try approved cereal (see list) OR fruit for a week. Or choose a slice of whole wheat bread for a week. The meal plans in the book are really not that good for starting Phase II.

I'm off to check the cereal list as I'm not sure about Mini Wheats. I eat only Bran Buds or Fibre One or old fashioned oatmeal.

Here's the info from the Phase II Food List in the FAQ:
Quote:
Cereal
Hot - 1/3 -1/2 cup, uncooked. Choose whole grain and slow-cooking varieties (no instant types).
Cold - 30 grams/1 ounce/3/4 cup. Varieties with 3.0 - 4.9 grams are “good” sources of fiber. “High” fiber cereals have 5.0 grams of fiber or more per serving. Choose a cereal with enough fiber to be at least on the upper end of “good,” and make sure it has less than 8 grams of sugar per serving.
I hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #5  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

I'll tell you the truth, I am seeing results SLOWLY, and I am in 1.25, or maybe 1.5 at this point. I added 3 apples and 3 nights with wine the first 2 weeks of phase 2. At this point, I have an apple a day with natural PB for dessert, a few glasses of wine 4 nights a week, and a half of a whole wheat pita 2 or 3 times a week. I will probably have to stay here for a while, or I won't lose at all. I have only lost a pound over the past 2 weeks, and the scale is iffy (meaning I am getting all kinds of weights, but I saw 144 a few times, so I grabbed it! ).

My goal this week is to cut out my wine Monday through Friday and see what happens.

Sigh.
Closed Thread