Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 09:50 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~ The Thin Group #75 ~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 02-11-2002, 09:56 AM   #2  
CJ

Since I started this thread right after Jo's last post I thought I would transfer her post and my answer to her on the new thread so here goes:

QUOTE]Originally posted by Jello
OK, last week, I was little miss weight watcher. I counted my points and stayed within my range. I wrote down every little bite I took. I drank rivers of water. I got on my treadmill and walked and exercised. I ate plenty of veggies and had healthy stuff like skim milk and whole grains. And then I went off to weigh-in on Saturday morning like a good little girl.

And had GAINED 2 lbs.!!! I was so upset that I left the meeting, got in my car and cried all the way home. I did spend a couple minutes with my leader and we tried to figure out what I was doing wrong but I'm just so frustrated. I told Rich I was quitting WW. I mean, I can GAIN weight without paying $12 a week and going to WW meetings. I'm just so lost. I don't know what to do.

I'm seriously wondering if I can be happy at the weight I'm at now since I don't think I can lose any. I just don't know what to do. Even if I follow the program, I don't lose weight. My leader made a few suggestions about changing my menu (adding a little more variety) and changing my exercise routine (alternating treadmill walking with aerobics, etc.) but I'm really at a loss here. I just don't think it'll do any good.

I'm scared now. I worried over this all weekend long and even today I'm torn between wanting to eat everything in sight and never wanting to eat again.

Sorry for venting at you guys but I know that you'll understand and forgive me for my whining.

Love you guys.
Jo.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally posted by CJ
Jo: I just want to say DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP!!!!! You have come to far to just throw it away - don't give up. You are just going thru a bad period right now ... and I know how you feel. You have done so well so far. Look at me ... one year and I lost 14 1/2 lbs but in the last couple weeks I too have put on 2 lbs and I don't see how either ... and yes, I could quit WW and not go to meetings but I know that I would eventually gain all the wt back and even tho it is not much it is more than it was when I started! And listen to you - you have already decided that nothing will work even before you try it! For Shame my dear Jo! Maybe you are trying to hard right now. You are worrying excessively ... maybe you should relax a little, but still follow the program of course. Maybe your body needs to stay at this weight for a little while before it starts losing again. You have lost 37 lbs girl - so don't give up! YOU CAN DO THIS! They say that stress can keep you from losing wt so maybe you are stressing out so much trying to lose that you are defeating your purpose! Just a guess. I say to just try and relax, keep couting points, do your exercise, go to meetings, and don't worry if you do not lose for a while. Jo, it will come off. I'm telling this to you but I think I am also giving myself a "pep talk"! Don't give up Jo. YOU CAN DO THIS!

OK, that is all I'm going to say now. We love you - you'll do just fine. I know that when you calm down and think about it you won't be able to quit. You will be ok.

Love, CJ
Old 02-11-2002, 12:54 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Ok, this is my turn to whine. Just got back from WI and was up 1 pound, again. I don't know what to do at this point because I have stayed OP all week, even exercised and am up again.

I'll try one more week to see if the body is just adjusting to medication. If I gain again this week, then the medication is out the window. I'm not doing this every week.

Jo - we really are in a big funk...together. I was just reading an article this morning about the effects that stress has on weight gain in women - and it is not just the emotional eating, either. Don't give up. You have come a long way already and you will succeed. Keep OP this week. We can do it. I'm sure the weight will start to come off again one of these days. Hang in there.

Hope everyone is doing well. Gotta run...boss is bellering from the other room.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:14 PM   #4  
CJ

Well, Peggy, add me in the group. I know how you feel since I was up 2 lbs at WI also! waah waah waah ....... and I know it was not because of my eating too .... so let's all just hope that we do better this week!

Love, CJ
Old 02-11-2002, 03:44 PM   #5  
Conquering with SBD

CJ - We are really a bunch this week. Hope noone else catches whatever we have.

Chrissy, Sharon, Sherry, Sandi, Carolyn, Trish, Judy - Don't breathe what Jo, CJ and I are breathing this week. It puts on the pounds. LOL

This whole thing wreaks havoc on meeting the Valentine's Day goal. I was down to 1 more pound to go 2 weeks ago, but am now at 3.25 pounds left to lose. Not much chance there, but it would be nice to be a little closer by Thursday.

Take care, everyone. Happy losing...
Old 02-11-2002, 04:17 PM   #6  

Hello Ladies!

I'm back from Mexico and I had a fabulous time. Had tequila for breakfast the last day I was there That was interesting. I basically ate whatever I wanted but walked a lot so that balances out ... right?

Well, I'm officially out of a job. Yup, I was laid off when I returned from vacation ... I made them tell me before I left. These people didn't want to tell me that I was going to lose my job when I returned! Luckily I was very persistent and was told ... I managed to clean out my desk and take all of my stuff home and clean out my files and e-mails. It's a good thing I did, when I returned, they had deleted my mailbox account and couldn't retrieve any of my information. Oh well, at least I came back in time to deposit the checks they gave me before they bounced! My husband is expecting me to turn into June Cleaver .... I don't think I can handle that. One of my ex coworkers and I are going to meet up a couple of times a week and take a 6 mile walk around a lake here in San Francisco. That should keep me out of trouble!

As far as the weight loss department goes .... I'm going to play that by ear. It was so much easier when I was at work ... now, I just want to eat, eat and eat somemore. Maybe it's because I feel bored. I don't want my weight to get out of control. I do plan on becoming somekind of gym rat ... once the blisters on my ankles ( walking around in new shoes) go away. Those suckers hurt!!!

In other news, my sister is getting remarried July 27th and I am the Matron of honor. Another reason for me to become a gym rat I have to find a purple dress between now and then ... I don't want to look lilke a walking grape!! You know ... purple and round!

Jo- Hang in there! Just think of all the weight you have lost! We all have those moments ... don't give up on yourself!

Sherry- Sounds like you had a wonderful time in New Orleans .... I'm sorry to hear about your ulcers, I hope everything turns out for the better! {{{{{SHERRY}}}}

Sharon & Chrissy- So sorry to hear that Papa isn't feeling well. I'll keep all of you in my prayers. {{{{SHARON}}}} {{{{CHRISSY}}}}

For anyone else I missed ... a big hello and hugs!

I'm off to try to get all of my doctor appointments scheduled ... you know how that can be!

Ciao!

Sylvia

Last edited by aivlys; 02-11-2002 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2002, 05:42 PM   #7  

Gail,
I don't know if you come in & read posts sometimes, but wanted you to know that we miss you here & hope that you'll come back soon.Also, wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you today.This is for you...........

Happy Birthday To You.........
Happy Birthday To You..............
Happy Birthday Dear GAIL,
Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!

Hope that you're having a great Birthday!!

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 02-11-2002, 06:00 PM   #8  

Default I'm back to CONFESS!!!!!

I'm sooooooooo mad at myself!!!!!! I ate a WHOLE box of Girl Scout Tagalongs Cookies today!!!!!!!! Now I feel like I could throw up!!

The ONLY good thing that has came out of this is.......I'm so sick of cookies, I'll probably NEVER eat another one!!!

Ok.....Once AGAIN.....starting tomorrow, it's a new day! Got those darn things out of my system so I'm ready to go back OP!!!!!

I'm bending over for my "Butt Kick" from ya'll........

Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 02-11-2002, 06:10 PM   #9  
Mother Hen

New Years EXERCISE PROGRAM

Exercise program: For Those Of Us Getting On in Years (And Weight). I thought I would let you, my friends, in on a little secret I've found for building my arm and shoulder muscles. You might wish to adopt this regimen - 3 days a week works well.

I start by standing outside behind the house and, with a 5 pound potato sack in each hand, extend my arms straight out to my sides and hold them there as long as I can. After a few weeks I moved up to 10 pound potato sacks, then 50 pound potato sacks and finally I got to where I could lift a100 pound potato sack in each hand and hold my arms straight out for more than a full minute!

Next, I started putting a few potatoes in the sacks, but I would caution you not to overdo it at this level.

Hugs, Judy
Old 02-11-2002, 07:36 PM   #10  
CJ

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha! Cute one Judy!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAIL - think of you often!

Sherry: Oh my, my tummy aches for you! As long as you enjoyed those cookies ... and now that they are gone, get on with the program!

Love, CJ
Old 02-12-2002, 10:24 AM   #11  

Default Good Morning

Just found out yesterday that our granddaughter is taking our dog Shadow to show and tell at her school today. She can do a few tricks for Paige so I am sure the class will get a kick out of that. I brushed Shadow good and she is all packed and ready to go. LOL
What a deal I have here. My sister who is staying with me while hubby is gone is on W W so she does ALL the meals here. How much easier it is to just sit down and have the food ready for you and all the right stuff too. I have shed the 6 pounds that I gained over the holidays. Hurray!!!!!

Jo.....NO!!!!! Don't give up now. You just have to put your mind to it and try not to cheat on the weekends at the VFW etc. YOU will and you can lose more weight. I lnow it isn't easy when you know you have done your very best and haven't lost. But maybe it will show up next weigh in. If you think you have enough will power to do it on your own (I didn't, I needed that support and having to report to someome every week) then you could just try it on your own.

Sweet Tooth.....As long as I have my sister here I think I wil be in fine shape.She is a real point counter etc. She has lost over 20 pounds in a month but still has about 80 to go.

Judy....That was such a funny joke with the potato sacks. Love the ones you send me too. How is the house coming along?

Sherry...O.K. you asked for it heres a big KICK for you. Hope that tummy fels better.

C.J....I will send my new stats to you now or you can just put me back where I was before my 6 pound gain.

Sylvia....I am glad you were able to enjoy your vacation in Mexico. I think I asked before where you went exactly. Sorry that you are laid off. You will find another job soon I am sure.

Off I go to get on the treadmill before I have to take Shadow to school. Love to all Sandi
Old 02-12-2002, 05:42 PM   #12  

This is beautiful.......just wanted to share it with ya'll..........

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 02-12-2002, 07:17 PM   #13  
Conquering with SBD

Sherry, I love the valentine. Where do you find these things?
Old 02-13-2002, 08:57 AM   #14  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Just a quickie this morning! Have to let you know what the scale says on this beautiful sunshiney day. 249!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? The scale must be wrong, could'nt possibly be below 250 already! WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe all the exercise with the potato sacks did the trick! hahahahahahahahahah

Hugs, Judy
Old 02-13-2002, 12:41 PM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Well, I'm writing in to whine today. I have been in such a depressed state this week that I can't bring myself to eat anything. Since Sunday, I think I have had one SlimFast meal on the go bar, 1 1/2 cookies and a cup of coffee. Of course I have been drinking water all day, but not eating anything. The more I don't eat anything, the more I don't care to eat anything.

I get these depressing times where I just want to cry all the time. No reason for them, just a blue period. The depression is not lifting today, so I'm feeling exactly the same today.

The bonus is that I went to the nurse's office this morning and have lost just about 5 pounds since Monday. Yep, I'm down to 131 pounds, which is 1.5 pounds below my Valentine's Day goal. On Monday, there was no hope of meeting the goal, but today I have actually surpassed it. Go figure.

On the up note, I registered for a personal fitness trainer today. I really have trouble with the exercise thang, so thought this might make a difference. I was looking at myself in the mirror last night and it was not a pretty sight. My neck is sagging, the skin under my arms waves in the breeze, and the cheeks on my behind are so wrinkled, they look like they could double for an elephant - that's before even considering the abs. I go for a fitness test the week after next, and then get started on a program. Hopefully by bikini season I will be fit enough to be wearing one.

Anyway, that's all for the dumping this morning. Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.
Closed Thread