Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #1  

Default Worst excuses not to exercise. Wait 'til you see mine!

Hold onto your dumbbells ladies and gentlemen...my reason to almost skip the gym this morning?

A zit.

Yep. A zit. Ridiculous.

I have a hard time at the gym. My negative self-talk is soooo unhealthy. "Look at her. She looks awesome. I shouldn't be here. I don't belong here. I'm so fat." You know the routine...

Anyway, I always make sure I do a little makeup and have my hair at least looking decent when I go. That way I at least feel a nominal amount of confidence when I walk in the door. Then I woke up to a huge zit on my cheek and nearly had a breakdown. I almost talked myself out of going to the gym because now I couldn't even feel like my face was pretty-ish.

I got over it and went but I swear...I felt like everyone there was staring at my facial volcano.

So, what's your worst excuse to get out of exercising?

Monica
triplettummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Oh, let's see....it's too hot, it's too cold, it's too icy, it's too windy, it's too sunny, it's too cloudy, it'll be dark in a few hours, I have to make supper, I have laundry to do, I have house to clean, I have to groom the dogs ( I show dogs), I have to send my sister an e-mail, I have to take a nap, I have to get groceries, is that enough. I am the queen of excuses. Especially in the winter, because I hate they gym. I really like to do stuff outside, but not in.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/122/tight and toned!

Height: 5'3"

Default I bet I take the cake on excuses. No pun intended

"Working out will just give me muscle that I wont even be able to see under my fat and... the number on the scale will go up because muscle weighs more than fat"

Horrible, I know.

I probably win
ohmanilovegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've made all the regular excuses and shouldn't have been surprised when I spent a couple days with my daughter. She's been trying to follow my lead and start exercising. I bought her a set of WATP videos and she says she does them. So while I'm there, she claimed boredom so I tried to get her to do a video with me. She said "It's too late". The next morning, I decided to do the video. This time she said "It's too early".
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #5  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

I have you all beat.

"I will start exercising when American Idol doesn't take up so much of my time."

Yep, you heard me.

I said that last year about this time. it is on three days a week, which means three days in a row of no exercising, and since consistency is key, well there is just no point if you arent going to do it regularly. Ha! Nevermind that i still watch it and get my work outs done in the afternoons, many many hours before Idol is on.

Another one i like to use is "i can't do it when i am this tired. I am likely to hurt myself, and then get burnt out." Yeah ok. And a nap and some cookies is a much better solution.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

I jump on my stair stepper when AI is on. Especially in the beginning of the season. I'm laughing too hard to realize I'm exercising at that point.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:20 AM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

ALL your excuses are cracking me up!!

My reasons are pretty boring, too tired and housework or maybe hungover
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 AM   #8  

"All the machines will be taken and the gym will be too packed! Might as well go another time." haha
LatnFoodLover5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I had a good note for PE at school once.

"Jenny can't do PE today since she stood on a nail last night"

Strangely it was TRUE and this was around the time I skived a LOT of PE!

Just HOW do you stand on a NAIL so that it goes right into your heel. *shudder*
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #10  
Heather

I am glad I am not the only one with dumb excuses. Next week I start a new schedule at work 8:30am start, now I really have no excuse NOT to go out and run every morning. I just hope I can make myself get out of bed to do it. I am so dissapointed in me.
echocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #11  
imready

S/C/G: 180/170/130

It's too cold or windy to get the baby out, I don’t' have anything to wear, I'm too tired, I'll do it tomorrow, I'll cook dinner first, I already took my shoes off, it's too dark, I'll do it later tonight.
Maybe the question should be more like how many excuses do you make in a day.
The bad part is when I do want to exercise I'm at work and can't do it. Maybe there's a reason behind that.
imready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #12  
prepare for the BEST time

here's a new one.....the music will be too loud and the cats will wake up and bother me, I might step on a tail again, then there will be hair on the rug and I'll have to take out the vaccuum.

it's too dark, i'm too sleepy, I could finish the ironing, wash, change the sheets, go grocery shopping instead...then I'd be ahead for the weekend to leave more time for exercise....which I don't want to do because it's the weekend and I don't have time to exercise before I go out to dinner/movies, I need to have my nails done!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
I had a good note for PE at school once.

"Jenny can't do PE today since she stood on a nail last night"

Strangely it was TRUE and this was around the time I skived a LOT of PE!

Just HOW do you stand on a NAIL so that it goes right into your heel. *shudder*
No joke. When my grandparents were moving many years ago, all the furniture had been removed from my aunt's room. Some of the plaster was missing from a wall that had been hidden behind furniture. My aunt, cousin and I were all doing handstands and cartwheels in the room while the adults moved furniture. My cousin's foot came down right to that missing plaster area, where a large nail protruded from the wall. Went clear through the bottom of her foot and out the top. Ouch.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

eeeehhhhh heaven my toes just curled
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #15  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, and I thought I'd be the only one to say 'the carpeting is too (dog) hairy!'

how about "because my husband just cooked some stinky scrapple for breakfast and it's nauseating me"
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote