Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 07:24 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ And Ready To Try Again... #132

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 02-12-2002, 08:20 AM   #2  
a work in progress...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 CUTE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 CUTE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2CUTE2B FAT...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 U!!

Are we allowed to ask what the magic number is?? My son's birthday is tomorrow...he's going to be 11! MY BABY! I can't imagine where the time has gone! We're not having a party this year, my boys (son & dh) are going camping this weekend with the Boy Scouts...BBBRRRRR!! Daughter & I are going into Manhattan to see "Les Miserables." I think I mentioned that once before...I LOVE THAT SHOW!

Weigh in this AM, come what may!!! I haven't been there in 3 weeks AND I got my period yesterday... Ah, just that much less on the scale next week!

I've been exercising these past few days! So proud! I love my "Fat Eliminator" tape. I combines cardio and strength training in short increments...whatever I can't do, I march or jog in place...I just CANNOT do jumping jacks! Good sweatin' going on! Today is my "Yoga for Weight Loss" tape...Trying to alternate each day...I'd go for a walk if it wasn't so damn cold...

Well, my little darling wants breakfast...at almost 11, I think HE can pour his own bowl of cereal!

Hi to all...I'll report back with weigh in results...
Old 02-12-2002, 11:05 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Birthday, 2cute!
Old 02-12-2002, 02:29 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Angry Something for Andria

Hi Everyone! I will hop in later and talk to everyone after WI, but I was re-reading thru thread # 131 trying to catch up with what's been going on while I missed a couple of days and Andria's post really touched me and I wanted to respond to her.

Andria: First of all, let me say how very sorry I am to have heard that you lost a child. I am fairly new to the site and don't know you very well yet, but I can't even imagine how it must have hurt to lose a baby. I have two sons of my own and I wouldn't even want to think about it. But I do know what it means to be depressed for I have been many times in my life and I'm sure I will be again at one point. The other day I read something on another site and it really spoke to me and I would like to share it with you. It is called the story of the goose:

I have about 20 amazing women I have met over the internet. (like right here every day on our thread) We've never seen each other or heard each others voices, but almost 3 years later we are the best of friends, and all of us are on this same journey. Our mascot, or hero is the Goose. Why?? Because geese all travel the same distance, make the same journey, go the same direction to achieve the same goal, but sometimes one falls out of formation cause she is just 'too tired to fly any longer'. She knows where she is supposed to go. The rest of the flock are well on their way, but she just can't keep up. The joy of being in such a strong formation though is that when all seems hopeless, she is carried forward by the strength of those flying around her, she is lifted and kept in the air by the sheer wind of wings flying beside her. When she regains her strength, she is still in formation, and on her way again, with the never-ending support of her flock. And when it is her turn to keep another in the air, she will remember.

And whether we have been here for awhile or even if we are new, we all feel pain and get discouraged. This is just to let you know we are all here for you. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:45 PM   #5  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2CUTE !
Old 02-12-2002, 06:07 PM   #6  

Hi everyone,

Happy Birthday, 2cute. Have a wonderful day.

I'm home sick again. Having fun watching QVC, olympics, etc.
Today is Fat Tuesday or in hawaii, Malasada Day. My mom is making Portuguese doughnuts. She fills them with custard pudding. I'm going to stay away from it. My bod is going through **** with the flu and TOM too. I'll be glad to go back to work tomorrow. Next year, I will get a flu shot. Hawaii weather has been very rainy this winter. Every other week we get rain. These past 4 days have been cold and rainy (cold 62 degrees F). It may not be cold by your standards, but once your body gets used to heat. It freezes at any change. My sister lives high up on our volcano and she's experiencing 43 degrees. Brrrr. Anyway, these weather changes are making everyone sick. With every change we keep passing it back to each other.

Did any of you see the Canadian pairs skate last night? It was a fix losing to the Russians with a flawless program vs Russia's flaws. All that hard work. I also watched the Westminister's Dog Show. They did a touching tribute to the K-9 Dog unit of the police, fema, and fire dept. The handlers and dogs came out to standing ovation. They worked at the World Trade, Pentagon, and in earthquakes. My dog enjoyed the toy group. He's a long haired chihuahua and he stood up on his hind legs when he saw the chihuahuas prance around the ring. Cutie pie.

Thin, I ribbon embroider the center of the #4395. It makes it so lovely to wear. Every little bit counts.

Take care of yourselves,
Malia
Old 02-12-2002, 07:20 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Exclamation

Weigh in was OK...258...4# up from four weeks ago, and it's that time of month...not as bad as I had feared...New goals in place...I'll be 45 on July 3...I'd like to lose that many lbs by then. I know that' s a lot...approx 2#/wk...I've got my work cut out for me. I'd like at least 50 off by vacation, late August...short term goal: 10 lbs down by Easter 3/31...long term...200 or bust by the end of the summer...final goal: 150 by my next birthday...

mini goal...get my A$$ off the computer and fix myself a delightful salad for dinner, to be followed by Frozen Snickers Bar Pie! I couldn't find the cupcake liners I KNOW are in the pantry somewhere...probably with the chocolate pudding mix...I nearly had a panic attack when I got to that point in the recipe AND COULDN'T FIND THE PUDDING MIX!!! I substituted a package of Swiss Miss cocoa, and judging by all the sampling that I did...
2 thumbs up!!

Tuesday's Tip...
"This above all...to thine ownself be true."

Have a great day all...what's left of it!

My honey just had a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to me for Valentine's Day He is the greatest!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-12-2002 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #8  

Wink

Hello all! Happy birthday 2cute! Glad your doing ok. Well, I've done well so far. I joined WW on Monday. Not the most fun in the world to face a scale in public, but I did it. Maybe it will help motivate me! I also took my doberman and walked around the lake twice. I think it's a 1/4 mile each lap, so I did 1/2 mile. It doesn't sound like much, but I really wanted to take a nap instead of walking, but I walked anyway! You see I had to take my friend/landlord to the ER last night since his new girlfriend didn't know where the hospital was. He had a severe ahasma attack, and I didn't get home until 1:30 am, then had to go to work this morning. I've done really well eating wise, but not on water today. Have to fill up my nw WW water cup and sip on it. Bye the way, I was hungry when I got off work so I fixed a tuna salad sandwich (FF mayo, onions, tomato, and tuna in water on diet wheat bread) and I was wondering if it was beter to eat before I exersize or after? Any differance? Well, 2 days down ! Bye for now!
Old 02-12-2002, 08:29 PM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Can I get a drumroll please?

Alright everyone......my first weigh in. I need a drumroll please.dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadad a
dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada

I lost 10.5 pounds!
I thought I was going to die when she told me that! I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am soooooo happy. 10.5 pounds gone to NEVER EVER RETURN! That's 42 sticks of butter. Oh my Lord, just to realize that is crazy. Anyways, just wanted to stop in and share. I've got to cook dinner for the kids, but I will be back later! Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 02-12-2002, 08:55 PM   #10  

Akasha Welcome to our fun group, you will enjoy it.

Andria Everyone seems to be down and out. Maybe it’s the weather. We blame “everything” on the weather in Minnesota.

Valorie Did you join WW?

2Cute Tell me all about your meal at Red Lobster, every detail, I want to “eat” vicariously through you. Maybe the burns that are taking longer are the ones that burned deeper. Lutifisk is a Norwegian food – cod soaked in lye. It is served swimming in melted butter. I don’t know which is worse lutifisk or blood sausage. When in the world do you sleep?????? If I could I would send you a great big helping of lutifisk for your birthday!!!

Kat Thanks for the bread recipe. Isn’t allrecipes.com a great site.

Tina Congrats on the walking. That is a wonderful story. Thanks for posting it. CONGRATULATIONS Way to go, girl…..Back at ya with the happy faces.

I have been eating out and have to quit! I don’t count the calories then because I don’t know what they are – good excuse. I have been using going out to eat as my reward for putting up with my job – NOT GOOD. I really need to CONCENTRATE on weight loss for this next week to get focused and to start some new, good habits.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:42 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow

Hello all I went to the Dr. today to get a shot and some medicine for this croup. Dh got home from Canada

Congrats Queen bee on the weight loss.

2Cute:HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Well I better gospend sometime with DH.

Tip for the day: Drink water
Old 02-13-2002, 02:14 AM   #12  
Dancing those pounds away

Red face It is 1AM...Time for 2cute... LOL

Thank you again for all the birthday wishes today. You guys are great.
I had a very rollercoaster ride type of birthday. Good, bad, good , bad.
One thing for sure... I did a LOT of growing up today.
I was FORCED to look at my own defects.. and I didn't like what I saw.
It seems that I often only do things when I am FORCED to do it.
That includes from housecleaning to eatting my veggies and drinking my water... to finally growing up some too.
I wish I could say I had a fun day... but I did not.
But, I did grow wiser...not just grow older. And that was a good thing.
My evening did get better. Hubby sent me flowers and we went out for the evening...dinner and movie.

My food was good today. I did splurge a little at my dinner out... but left half on the plate and brought it home for lunch tomorrow.
Thin... hubby ordered that Maui Maui .. but it was too fishy for me.
I DID NOT eat any dessert. I feel good about my food.

QUEENB..CONGRATULATIONS!! That is just super!!! Keep up the good work.
I will respond to everyone else tomorrow night. I need to get off of here.
Wednesday I am taking care of my daughter-in-law and the babies so I won't be in till evening. Take care.. have a fun filled day... and STAY ON YOUR PROGRAM.

My picture is dedicated to QueenB...

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-13-2002 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:47 AM   #13  

Well, I knew today would not be another loss. I goofed off too much this week. I didn't gain but still am disappointed in myself that I don't do more to get me to my goal.

I would like to use Saturday as a "renewal" day for me. Get my ducks in a row, as they say.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:22 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Where is all my friends I am lonely.

I feel better today I guess the shot worked.
I made a fat free dessert to take to my ladies circle supper tomorrow night is is called better than sex dessert. It has to be real good

Hurry back
Old 02-13-2002, 08:41 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Hi Grannie...and everyone else!

Glad to hear you're feeling better...my son had a really croupy cough this a.m. I kept him home from school...he was not thrilled about missing school on his birthday! He seems much better this evening. BTW...what's better than sex??!?? I mean the dessert of course!

Food choices have been great. I'm REALLY following the points to the letter...(number?) In my diligence, I'm seeing why I'm not losing...it's all the extra nibbles and "eyeballing" that's getting me nowhere! (Not to mention the out and out cheating!) I have been recording EVERY morsel that is going into my mouth...this morning I poured out my usual bowl of Raisin Bran...then I thought, hmmm let me actually MEASURE this...there must have been two cups of cereal in that bowl! When I put back a cup, thought, uh oh, not enough! But I sliced a banana and added the milk, thinking that I can have more if I need it, just count the points...I really didn't need more when I was done. At lunch, I had a slice of cheese and a piece of chicken eaten before I even thought about it...I just counted that towards what would have gone on my sandwich and bulked it up with lettuce, tomatoes and onions...Becoming aware of what's going down the old pie hole and WHY is something for me to work on!!

We're having ice cream cake for my son's birthday...I still have to tally my points for the day...if I'm close to the limit, I'll have some "Frozen Snickers" instead...SO GOOD!

So far so good, I'm keeping my goals in sight...I WILL do this!

gotta go...see y'all tomorrow!
Closed Thread