Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 07:16 PM   #1  
Senior Chick

Talking ~~Thru Thick and Thin~~ #133

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 02-06-2002, 07:20 PM   #2  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey everyone.

It warmed back up today and all my windows are open but we are supposed to get some rain and possible thunderstorms through tomorrow. We'll have to put a tarp over the bbq to fix our steaks tomorrow.

I talked with Marlana today and she sends her love to everyone. She misses us and is going crazy without her computer. She has decided to start bugging the repair shop with phone calls to see if it helps them speed up the repairs. I told her how much we all miss having her here and tried to keep her updated on all the news.

JoJo~I don't want to offend anyone out there but I hate those poodle haircuts that they have in the shows. My dogs would hide if I cut their hair that way. Supposedly when the poodle were bred for hunting, the hair was cut short to prevent tangles with burrs and stuff. The hair acts like Velcro if left long, but the funny balls were left over the joints for protection from the cold. That might be true and a good explanation but it doesn't change the fact that the haircut is ugly. I am sure glad to hear that everything worked out with unemployment and your dh is getting his checks. Maybe they have that unwritten policy like my insurance company: Refuse all claims until the insured protests loudly. They save a lot of money that way because some people actually accept the first refusal and don't pursue it any further.

Tobey~I sure hope that you start feeling better. It got in the 70's today and is only going to go down in the 60's tonight. That means we can leave the windows open all night or until it starts storming. Hubby didn't build that fire last night. He said that he didn't have any wood cut for this fireplace. All the wood was cut in big pieces for the outdoor fire pit. I almost asked him to go cut some but decided it was more trouble than it was worth. I read a really good book a while back that reminded me of this group and the way we are such strangers but seem to get along so well. The book was such fun that I didn't want it to end. It is called Bad Girl Creek by Jo Ann Mapson. It is about a girl that inherits a flower farm from her aunt and can't afford to live there and run it by herself. She is in a wheelchair and decides to find roommates to help her run the place. She only wants other women with pets. That is the best book that I have read in years and I guarantee that you will enjoy it too.

It's time for a shower and something loose to wear. We rented a movie tonight. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:22 AM   #3  

Howdy all

I am feeling better today. I’ve just had the crazies lately. Yesterday at about 4:00 I was struck with a NASTY headache. I can even still feel it lingering this morning. But I had the place to myself last night so I decided to make the most of it. I did some laundry, rolled the change in my piggy bank (yep its an actual pig), and a loaf of homemade bread. The bread turned out wonderfully! In fact, I think I have decided that I am not going to buy bread any more. Just the good homemade stuff. And wow did our place smell soooo good last night.

Skeeter: The weather has also warmed up here as well. Not to the point where we can open windows mind you – but at least it doesn’t sting to go outside. They are calling for rain here all weekend as well. So glad that Marlana has been keeping in touch with you. At least we know she hasn’t dropped off the face of the earth. I sure hope her computer is up and running soon. Thanks for the book recommendation. It definitely sounds like a book I would like. I’m going to see if the library has it this weekend. If not (it is a small library in our neighbourhood) I might just buy it. I have a $5 reward to use at the bookstore so it wouldn’t cost me much at all. Then I could send it to my mom when I was done – sounds like something that would be right up her ally as well.

Hmmm…. I done already? Where the heck is everyone.

Come out, come out, where ever you are!

Tobey
Old 02-07-2002, 01:32 PM   #4  

'Morning gals. I got some bad news as soon as I got off the internet the other day. Grandpa was in the hospital, again. Looking at the possiblity of leukemia. He is going to have a bone marrow biopsy again next week, and then maybe chemo. And in a couple weeks, mom has an appointment to get her teeth pulled for dentures. Good thing I haven't picked up any extra hours on the next schedule yet. I may not be able to.

I also found out yesterday at school that I have 3 papers due on the same day. A 10-12 page concept paper, a 3-5 page website critique and a brief on my issues paper. All of this is March 6. I think dropping to part-time may have been the best decision I could have ever made.

My yoga class started last night. I was just what I needed. It's for beginners, and I've got a little experience from a class before, and my videos, but it still was very nice. I recommend it for anyone. Again, another great decision.

Right now I've got laundry going, all of my bedding. When I've got the sheets and blanket done, I'm going to the laundromat to wash the comforter. Of course I'll be taking a textbook with me. I also have to get ready for my taxes. My appt is Tues. I have to work night shift tonight, but then I get a 3 day weekend! My dog has an appt at the beauty shop tomorrow morning.

Tobey- I never did make it with the strength training. Such is life. I do use some stuff from the book, and stuff I've had good results with before. I do dress in layers, like the book says. It is definately a good resource. I am also going to do the MS Walk in April. I think ours is only a 5K though. This will be my 3rd year with this one. I only buy whole wheat bread made at the bakery. I love bread, so I get the best. Maybe I'll have to look into making it. Do you use a mix, or from scratch? I'd guess from scratch, knowing you!

Skeeter- I would love to open the windows and have a thunderstorm. I am getting cabin fever so bad. It's good that you keep in touch with Marlana. I bet she is just lost without her puter. I would be. I can just see her first post back, she's not going to be able to type as fast as her brain wants her to.

I'm just going to respond to the posts on this thread. I'm sorry if I cut anyone out. I've got a hundred things to do, and I want to call grandpa.

Jen
Old 02-07-2002, 03:37 PM   #5  

I just had to share this one.

I was sitting at my desk when an e-mail popped up from dh (he is at home today). He sent me this picture to show me what our kitty does all day.

Now that's the life!

Tobey
Old 02-08-2002, 09:34 AM   #6  

Hellloooo

Where is everyone?

It’s Friday and it is really shaping up to be a good one. We have a late meeting at work today so I was able to come in late this morning. So with the extra time I had this morning I decided to make dh breakfast in bed. Well wouldn’t you know it – he got up before I was done. So instead we a candle light breakfast together. It was really nice! I made him some heart-shaped pancakes with a blueberry sauce. Since I made them full-fat, I just made myself an egg white salsa omelette. It is also another beautiful day – not quite what we were having about 2 weeks ago – but I’ll take it. Since our meeting is going to run so late, dh is going to come downtown after he is done work and meet me for dinner. What a nice start to the weekend.

Jen: So sorry to hear about your grandpa. That is such an awful disease. Please keep up posted on his condition and biopsy results. I really hope everything turns out okay. And your poor mom. How many teeth does she need to have pulled? And 3 papers on the same day? I think you picked up yoga at right time! Sounds like you could use some inner peace! Yes I do make the bread from scratch. Dh saw the loaf out when he came home and thought I had bought it at the bakery. I think that is the biggest compliment that he could have given me. This weekend I am going to attempt to make a French loaf which has a few organic olive pieces in it. I’ll let you know how that goes. Take it easy and don’t forget to take care of yourself as well!

Well that’s it. I hope everyone has a great weekend! I’m not sure if I’ll make it to post or not. If I don’t you know that I will still be thinking of you.

Tobey
Old 02-08-2002, 05:14 PM   #7  

Hey everyone! Haven't had a chance to check in this week - worked some overtime and between being REALLY busy at work and as "we" have a lion project, a Japan project and two essays due (I thought I finished school - apparently not when you have kids_ I didn't get a moment to myself.

I am really, really sorry to hear about your grandpa, I will be keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you - how old is he? Chemo is very effective (although tough on a person) and I know there are "treatable" forms of leukemia so we can only hope that is what he has. It sounds like you have a lot of work in store too, but sometimes that is a good thing when you have a personal very stressful upsetting issue occuring - it can distract you for a littl while. Good luck.

Tobey, you clever person you, we have a bread machine and Doug makes it every night and the kids bring it to school for lunch (just a big lump of bread as they are not allowed any peanut products and I don't like sending luncheon meats because it's an old school and belches out heat). There is something very therapeutic in making bread and you can forgot about your weight exercises - nothing is better for your arm muscles than kneading bread! I used to make a lot of breads, many moons ago before kids - now only on special occasions - I always make hot cross buns at Easter - I have a great recipe which you make the night before and once the dough is ready, stick it in the fridge overnight. The next morning you pull out the buns, already formed on your cookie sheet, let them rest for about 1/2 hour and into the oven - fresh hot cross buns on Easter morning! I do throw a bit of Irish soda bread together on a regular baisis when we run out but that is no effort so doesn't count!

Well, its week 3 and I have been on the treadmill a minimum of 5 times each week - still too early to see if I'll stick with it but encouraging - now I just have to get the eating under control!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-08-2002, 05:17 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone.....

I've not been here for a few days, I haven't been home much in the evening and last night I was having puter problems. Dh and I are getting ready to head out in a few mins but just wanted to stop in and say hi and tell you I'll post later tonight or in the morning. Hope you've had a good week.
Old 02-09-2002, 05:53 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone,

I'm here finally. Last week was really busy for dh and I. We werent home much in the evening as we were visiting with my bil that was heading home yesterday. Plus I was having puter problems. I ended up re-installing Windows and it seems ok now. Things just werent loading correctly and when it comes to settings, I know nothing so I figured if I re-installed Windows, it would re-configure all the settings for me. Trying to read some of the settings, well, it may as well be in Chinese.

Its still hectic at work. I mentioned that I'm caught up with the end of last years stuff but I'm playing catch up with the 2002 work. I can't wait till I'm totally caught up and I can just do my weekly work and have it all done by Thurs or Friday. Plus I get on the puter at work and I'm on it all day and sometimes but very rarely, I just can't touch this puter when I get home.

Moonstone, I've not been in here much either. I am typically a homebody who likes to come home after work and put on my nightgown & robe and just kick back but I've not been able to do that this week. Sounds like your kids homework keeps you busy.

Jen, sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My mom had a blood disease for years that the Dr said would eventually go into luekmia. Well, the blood disease made her so sick that when it went into luekemia, she was to sick to fight it. In fact, the day they diagnosed it, she died the next morning. She was just to far gone from the other disease. But there are treatments for luekemia, and I hope that your grandpa does well. Its not easy tho. My mom had a bone marrow test done just weeks before she died and it was not yet luekemia and then when she got so sick and I took her to the hospital, they did another bone marrow and it was positive that time. Oh, I'm probably not making you feel any better. Sorry. I will keep you and your grandpa in my prayers.

Skeeter, have you heard anymore from Marlana? I'd be stir crazy if I didn't have my home puter. Even if I don't get on it, just knowing its here, I'm ok. I just can't imagine those "balls" of hair over their joints keeping a poodle warm. They look much better with just a short haircut. I do like a little puff on their heads tho, I think thats cute. DH had an interview last week. If he gets called back for a second interview, then he stands a chance. He's out looking every day tho. I'm relieved that the unemployment went thru. We'd of been in deep trouble if it hadn't of.

Tobey, I love the smell of fresh made bread. They should make a cologn that smells like that. Or a shower gel. I have thought about getting a bread maker but we don't go thru that much bread to justify it. I do but dh doesn't. I take bread to work with me and make toast for breakfast along with a yogurt. I got into that habit when I was following my food plan and I've pretty much stuck with it. Awwww, a candle lite breakfast. Maybe I'll do that for dh tomorrow morning. Hey, your kitty does what my kitty does all day. Sleep!!!!

Sally, I know you replied to me on the last thread but I didn't go back to the last thread to read. I hope all is going well for you all.

Well, I'm going to get going now. Take care everyone.
Old 02-09-2002, 06:09 PM   #10  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey everyone.

We had a really nice visit with Ellie and her husband. She asked that I tell everyone here hello. It rained off and on all day Thursday but we grilled the steaks under a tarp. We decided to go 4 wheeling on Friday because the dust was all wet down. We had a wonderful ride even though it was a bit chilly. My friend got some really good pictures with her digital camera. I haven't had the time to check out the ones that I took but I will next week.
We are going to Orlando tomorrow to meet up with my parents and celebrate my daughter's 30th birthday and our youngest grandson's first birthday. I have a cake cooling for decorations now and a present waiting to be wrapped.

Tobey~It's great that your weather has warmed back up. This has probably been your mildest winter ever. The bread sounds really great. My house smells like chocolate cake right now. Luckily, there won't be any leftovers tomorrow with 8 adults 4 kids. That is such a cute picture of you kitty. That's what my boys do most of the day when I am not at home.

Jen~I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'll add him to my prayers. Maybe he will be better by the time your mom gets her teeth pulled. It sounds like you are going to be busy with nursing your family and writing papers too. You cut your hours just in time.

Moonstone~WTG getting on the treadmill. Seems like you have a lot of exercise with the kids too. It has to be hard to raise kids and work too. I know that I did it too but it was so long ago that I can only remember all the pleasant times.

JoJo~Hey gal, what have you been up to that's keeping you so busy? I expected to have a lot of reading when I got on here and was surprised that it didn't take very long. That was good for me though because I still have to wrap a present and decorate a cake and fix dinner before the evening Olympics start. Oh........you just posted and answered my question. You described my boys haircuts pretty close. I don't go for all that silly stuff. They get it short on the body and only a little longer on the legs with the hair a little puffy on top of their heads. Marlana called me this morning to let me know that she got her computer back. I expect she'll write soon.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend. I will try to be back her by Monday. Tomorrow is an all day trip but a fun one.
Old 02-10-2002, 01:12 AM   #11  

Well gals, talk about a fun-filled wild and crazy weekend. This is about the extent of it. I mean this IS it! I spent yesterday sleeping, watching the opening ceremony, and researching topics for my papers. Today I read a couple chapters, stuff I downloaded off the web, and went to Wal-mart. That place was a zoo, so it was quick in and out. I decided that the topic for my management/leadership concept paper is going to be burn-out prevention. A timely topic I guess. I also have a crazy project that involves writing 2 papers, a pre and post. I have to "lobby a legislator" about a pending bill. YUK! Anyway, I found one about the nursing shortage, mandatory ovetime, work conditions, etc. Seems to be a hot topic. I ran across some interesting stats, apparently the shortage is just getting started, and by 2020, the number of nurses will be 20% less than required, 18% of registered nurses with an active license aren't even practicing nursing, 55% would not recommend nursing as a career to friends and family, and the most troubling, 40% would not feel comfortable with a family member cared for in the facility where they work. Some of the things I've seen in the hospital are really scary. Guess it looks like I have some job security for awhile. I've also seen a commercial during the olympics by Johnson & Johnson to become a nurse. Interesting. Anyway, enough about that.

Mama Marlana- Is it true? Are you coming back?

Skeeter- Mmmm, chocolate cake. Sounds delicious. I've been debating on if I have the willpower to bake some cupcakes to take to work for Valentine's Day. I'm sure I don't, but I probably will anyway!

Jojo- No, you didn't upset me anymore. My mind has already run through the worst-case senarios plenty of times. The hardest part is my grandma and mom are great at denial and avoidance. I plan on meeting them up at the hospital Tuesday morning to talk with his oncologist. I can't get a straight story from any of them.

Tammy- Welcome back! I was just wondering the other day where in the world you might have gone to. I am glad that I have sooo much to do, I don't have time to sit and stew about things much. How did all of your homework go?! You are doing great with your exercise on the treadmill! Keep up the good work!!!!

Tobey- Your cat is precious. I know that is exactly what all of mine do as well! What a cute breakfast idea! My mom has had a bunch of teeth already pulled. This time they are going to do 8, all but like the very front ones, at least what she has left. Then the front, and then dentures. I enjoyed my yoga class very much this week, and did my video today. I definately can tell my abds dont' stretch as much, after all the surgery. Guess I'll have to work on it!

I guess that is about it. I'm gonna go to bed and snuggle with my Policy and Politics in Nursing book. That oughta put me to sleep in no time!

Jen
Old 02-10-2002, 04:41 PM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

[COLOR=deeppink]Hello!! Hello!!!~~Oh my gosh, did I ever miss you girls. I was so glad to come in and see all of you had been writing. My puter just took a dive the other night just before I went to bed. It blacked out like the electric had been cut off, but then it booted itself back up. I was in the middle of reading a letter. I started reading again and again it done it. I knew there was a bad problem. So the next time it booted up I went straight and got Skeeter's phone number. I have all my phone numbers on my puter. I thought I could smell something hot. I had a fan that had been roaring for 2 1/2 years. Remember I told you it was making a really bad noise and I had started leaving it on all night. That might have been the best thing I have done. It wasn't that fan that stopped working it was the other one. When I bought the puter I took out an extra 2 year warranty. Good thing I did, I got my money's worth out of that. I paid $59 for it. They put a new power pack and 2 new fans in. It is so quite now, I can't hardly believe it. Anyway I'm so grateful to have it back and that you all are still here for me. My food has been so bad. I've come back in here with a new resolve on this weight loss thing. I've got to get control and get it now. If not now, when??? I've read all the post. Some of you have done great, some not so great. Weather has moved in on some of us and we are now having winter. Except for Skeeter, she always has good weather. All the ice Okla. got a week ago, didn't get to me, thank God. It was a really bad ice storm, up to 2 inches of ice. Some people without electric for a week. What would I do with my lil fishes if the electric was off for a week. My tank has cycled now and all is going pretty well. I lose a neon last night, I thank he got caught in one of the plants and couldn't get out. Who knows??? I still love them, and love to watch them. Now I want another tank, bigger. Hey that would be a good thing to treat myself with when I lose 50 to 75 pounds. That's it when I get down to 200 I'm going to treat myself with a 30 gal tank. I'm working on a challenge of sorts. It won't be anything like the other one was. I'm still getting it together and I hope to post it on the support board tomorrow. Here's the idea I got. I got it because my Sister wanted to make a contract about my food, and she was going to write out one for herself. I started thanking about it, and decided I didn't need a contract on my food, I needed one on my life. Food is not the only thing I need to get together. I spend too much time on this puter and let things go to pot around me. That bugs me to no end. I can make a commitment to you, and I'll keep it, but I won't keep one to myself. If I ask you all who is the most important person in your lives, you all would say kids, hubby, or love ones of one sort or another. They are not the most important one in your life, you are. SO WHY DO WE PUT EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING BEFORE US???? Do you get the idea??? The challenge will be to ourselves, the most important person in our lives. Your challenge rules will be the ones you need for yourself. Maybe food won't be the one you can tackle right now, maybe it will be living in a more forgiving spirit, or making you bed everyday which makes you feel better about yourself if you do it. I know the things I do or don't do, bothers me, and when I'm bothered I want to eat. I need to balance out my life. We are going to make a contract with ourselves, a commitment, to ourselves. And we have to write out what they are, and when the challenge is over we will report on the main board how we done.

Questions~~
Can you keep a commitment to yourself?
Does something about yourself bug you?
Do you procrastinate?
Do you hold resentments?(That is the # 1 offender you know. and guess what, doesn't hurt the guy your resenting, it hurts you.)
Do you need to forgive someone? Forgiveness helps you not the person you forgive.
How long should we let the (first) challenge run?
What do you thank girls? Interested or not???

I know your all tired of reading so I'll shut up for now. I would be more than willing to get in on another challenge if someone can thank of one. But I will be posting this idea on the board tomorrow. My mind is running mile a min. but I must close. I am so proud to call all of you.Tobey, Jo Jo, Marybeth, Jen, Skeeter, Sally, my dear dear on line friends. I am blessed. MOONSTONE I was so glad to see you still here. So many ladies comes in and don't stay long. I'm looking so forward to getting to know you and call you my dear friend too.

Last edited by Marlana; 02-10-2002 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:37 AM   #13  

Hi All

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We didn’t do a whole heck of a lot. We were supposed to go out with friends on Saturday but had to cancel as dh wasn’t feeling well. No surprise though – the night before we went out for dinner and he ate some thing called Texas Fire Chilli. It was chilli with about a dozen 2-inch chilli peppers floating in it!!! He also washed it down with 2 beers. Not a good mix. Our cupboards were very bare and we did a big grocery shop. We ended up having to go to 3 different stores. We have one store that just sells fruits and vegetables (they are also wholesaler to restaurants and markets in the area so they prices and quality are superb!), then we had to hit a store that sells the fake “meat” and cheese that I like, and then finally our regular grocery store. What a production!

Moonstone: Sounds like you have been keep very busy! I now love making bread. Last night for dinner I made a fresh Italian olive loaf. We ate it still steaming out of the oven with some fresh basil and tomato. YUMMY! Would you be will to share your recipe for hot cross buns? My mom used to make them around Easter but I haven’t had them for years. I am drooling just thinking about it. I love Irish soda bread too. However, I don’t make it at home as dh isn’t that crazy about it. However, there is an Irish pub that we go to every once and a while and I get my fill there. They bring it out piping hot. That’s great that you and your treadmill have been reacquainted. They more you do it, more you are likely to stick with it, and perhaps even enjoy it one day!

Jojo: Between bil, your computer and work, sounds like you were quite busy! How was the visit? I agree if we can have vanilla perfume, why can’t we have Eau de Fresh Bread ? We don’t go through a whole lot of bread ourselves. So I normally just bake one small loaf at a time.

Skeeter: Gee you’re really busy too. Your visit sounds great! I hope Orlando was just as fun. Okay the weather did warm up and now it is biting cold again today! Right now it is –12F with the wind chill. I hate windy winters – especially being downtown! Mmmm the smell of chocolate cake sounds good too. I’ll be baking one of those on Wednesday night for out Valentine’s dinner on Thursday. I have decided to make a whole cake and then take the leftovers into work on Friday.

Jen: Oh your weekend was about as fun as mine! I can’t believe that you even dared to go into Wal-Mart on a weekend. You are sooo brave. I think the topic of burn-out prevention is a great topic. I’ll have to see if I have anything that might be of interest to you – I work in HR and this is a hot topic. I can’t imagine having to endure having all of those teeth pulled. I’m sure you will be amazed how flexible you will become over time if you stick with the yoga.

Marlana: WELCOME BACK!!! I’ve missed you! I’m glad to hear that the storm didn’t make it to you. I was thinking about you – it made the news here. I think that tank would make a great reward to yourself! I LOVE the idea of that challenge. I think that is exactly what I need right now. You count me in! Glad to hear that you fish seem to be doing well (except for poor Neon )

Well it looks like I might have a busy day a head of me so I had best be off.

Happy Monday to you all!

Tobey

Marlana this attachment is for you:
Old 02-11-2002, 10:15 AM   #14  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Do I ever feel good this morning. It's just 9:00 AM and I've got my house work done. I've even done a couple of extra things. I had got to where I didn't do a darn thing until noon, and that didn't leave a lot of time to get anything done. I'm making a commitment to myself and I'm going to keep it for a change. Just doing the things I should be doing will help me a lot in getting out of food. Food is good too. I still don't have the "Challenge" "Commitment" "Contract" thing wrote out yet. I'm going to tackle it as soon as I'm through writing here. My feeling will not be hurt if you don't want to join in on it. I just feel like I need it so badly, and surly someone else on these boards will too.

Tobey~~You will most likely get in here before I do from now on. I can't believe how much you like to cook. I have a bread machine and make a loaf of bread in that once in a while. The problem is the hubby don't eat enough of it and I tend to eat way to much. I have been told by a lot of people that I make the best hot rolls ever. I will say they are so good. I would give you the recipe but I'm a dumper when it comes to cooking. I always make hot rolls for the family of people who has lost a loved one. Hubby will only eat them when they are hot. Most men would kill to have their wives bake hot rolls for them, wouldn't you know that I have the one that don't eat much bread. It wasn't my Betta Neon that died, it was a fish that is a neon. They are very little guys and hard to keep alive. But they are very bright and shinny. It was 16 degrees here this morning, but going to get up to 52 today. Not bad.

Jen~~Girlfriend I didn't forget about the challenge I made with you....BUT...what was it besides lose weight by WHEN????? I can tell you I haven't lost any weight. And that reminds me I need to weigh in and keep track of how much I lose. I thank the challenge ended on 2-14...Gees I've got 3 days. Shame on me! Sorry...start another one and I won't forget this time.

Well I've got to get my brain in gear and see if I can write up the post for the Support board. And if any of you can come up with another challenge for us, post it.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:29 AM   #15  

Wow, I'm back in here already, and there's only a couple of posts for me to catch up on. Yesterday wasn't too exciting, cleaned the house (made me feel good) and went over to dear bf's house to watch "our shows" (Simpsons, King of the Hill, Sopranos, Sex in the City) and then I came home, read, and went to bed. Somethings up with mom. She's not talking much. She went to her parents for a few days, and came back yesterday. She doesn't hardly say 2 words, and those I have to pry out of her. She always was a distant and closed up type. I'm not going to change that now.
Tobey- If you've got anything on burnout prev, I would love it. I've sent for some articles from the school library, but who knows if they're really what I need. The paper needs to be 8-10 pages! WOW! Your grocery shopping sounds like fun. I just go to 1 store 'cuz I'm short on time. In the summer there is a great farmers market twice a week, plus my own garden!

Marlana- WELCOME BACK! Man, you sound totally motivated. I am ready for your new challenge. I had ideas flying through my mind. Now I just have to narrow it down. I think you're right though. If you get everything else straightened out, the food will just make sense and fall into place. The food is just one piece of the puzzle. Don't worry about the other challenge, I forgot all about it. I was pretty bad on some days!

Well, I guess that's it for today. Guess I need to go get a few things taken care of this morning before I go to work!

Happy and healthy,
Jen
Closed Thread