General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #1  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Default I have BOOBS, help me!

Alright.......

Do any of you ladies have advice for a newly big-busted 23 year old?
I just got my boobs fluffed and I really don't think that I have any clue as to what I am in for. I already have neck pain. Any advice on clothing or anything that you think I should know????

Thanks girlies!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #2  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Go get a proper bra fitting. It's intimidating and weird, initially. (Another woman looking at my chest?! HORRORS!) It's also so completely and totally worth it.

When I went for my fitting last June, I was wearing 44DDs. (The largest off-the-rack size at Wal-Mart.) I am embarrassed by how wrong I was on my size. (I now wear a 42 DDDD. )

One of the things a wrong-size bra does to you is put most of the pressure for support on your shoulders. According to my bra fitter, about 90% of a bra's support should come from the band, not the straps. I'd still like to lose a few cup sizes, but my neck and shoulders don't ache from carrying my boob-weight all by their lonesome any more. (I also look a lot better -- and thinner -- since my boobs are up where they should be. )

Another thing I've learned - those of us with extra in the chestal region can't wear halter-style bras. Again, it places the burden of support on your neck, which is not-so-great if you've got any weight in the chest area. (Halter tops are a different story altogether.)

Hope that helps and wasn't WAY TMI.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

amen on the professional fitting (I dont know where you live but look for places that specialize in hard to fit..or nordstroms) and...by fluffed I am assuming you mean boob-job? How long ago? Because you may want to buy only a couple bras at first until things settle out. I think it takes 6-8 weeks for them to settle and inflammation to not be a factor (Most of my research is on the reduction side)

make sure you have a very very very good sports bra - I actually go for quite a bit of compression to keep the girls in place when I run (34G/H)

In general once you get above a D there is no such thing as a good cheap bra
Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I got nutin' here ~ but you KNOW I had to look
Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I got nutin' here ~ but you KNOW I had to look
Gary, Gary, Gary......well, at least we expected nothing less of you!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

MY reputation speaks for itself
Old 03-05-2007, 01:17 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had to check this just to see what Gary had to say. LOL
Old 03-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I've got nothing to offer here either because my 'girls' are just, well, little girls Watching this thread with interest though.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #9  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Ennay----yes "fluffed" is my pretty way of saying lifted and augmented. Which needed to be done and I am happy with it, but it is very very strange. I got them done five days ago so it is early days yet but it looks like I'm going to be a D or something and that is coming from a nearly B, so v v different. I know that I am going to have to get resized and everything. We do have nordstroms round here, so maybe that is an idea. Does anyone know if victoria's secret does a good job sizing and what there favorite bra is? (Really, really sorry if this is all tmi, so don't worry cinderly your advice was all helpful and appreciated ).

And Gary.......I KNEW that a headline like that would catch your attention hahaha.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Only 5 days ago? Give yourself some time to heal and the swelling to go down and then go for a fitting. It took me a good 3months or more (I can't remember) for all swelling to go down before I felt it ready to get sized.

So for now.....just enjoy them.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #11  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
We do have nordstroms round here, so maybe that is an idea. Does anyone know if victoria's secret does a good job sizing and what there favorite bra is?
Thumbs up on Nordy's -- they have a great selection, and our local bra fitters are awesome! (One of them gives off this "I've seen everything - you could not POSSIBLY shock me" vibe.)

No idea on Vicky's. We don't have them here, and I keep forgetting to check them out when I'm down in the states. (I'm usually too busy finding the nearest independent yarn shop, followed by the nearest Lane Bryant.)
Old 03-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Nordstroms does a better job than Victoria's in my experience. They also have a better selection of bras. Even if you want to buy Victoria's bras, get fitted at Nordy's for shopping elsewhere.

I would get a soft cup (no underwire) for now until you are fully healed and in your final size and then go get resized.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

shrinkinchika, I so want that same procedure done. Let me know how it goes. I see my Dr. in April to see if he approves of me having this done.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was wondering what fluffed meant! I thought all of a sudden you got some major boobage overnight.

When I get to my goal, I'd like to get some tucking and lifting done although I don't know if I really would.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #15  
prepare for the BEST time

I've had a so-so fitting at Vicky's.....but appreciate the info. regarding Nordy's.

I agree with others, give yourself at least 2-3 weeks to allow for the swelling to go down.

At the moment I'm a very big C but think might need a different style or a D. I hope my local Nordstrom has some suggestions. it's not weight gain, but the BC pills!
Closed Thread