South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #1  

Default Phase I Starters, Restarters and Ongoing

Hey all...I'm looking for the Phase I thread for this week and can't find it...was there one?

I'm new to this forum but not new to 3fatchicks. I used to go on the compulsive overeaters forum. I looked around this forum and saw a few "weekly" threads for Phase I but none for this week.

It will be a week into Phase I for me tomorrow (Sunday), and I am currently 6 lbs. down and very satisfied with what I've been eating. Yum.

Anybody care to join?
Old 03-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great idea, MyThreeTots, and welcome to The Beach!

Let's make this thread the Phase I Thread. I'll change your title a bit.
It's a good place to compare menus, discuss problems with the plan and
swap ideas.

However, do pop into the Daily Thread where we chat about Life in general and also swap ideas from the more experienced Beachers.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Just started Phase I today actually. Would love to chat it up with some people in my same boat!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #4  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

I'm restarting Phase 1 today, too!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #5  

Good luck, WakeMe4Summer!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok not a good start. Woke up too late to cook breakfast this morning so ate some pistachios. Now I have set the tone for the rest of the day to be spent starving! I knew better too lol. How are you girls doing?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #7  

stephi, I'm sorry. We all have days like that. Make some mini-quiches or my takeoff on them, Baby Omelettes. You can refrigerate them and then when you need them you literally just heat it for 20 seconds and then pop it in your mouth. I don't know all the nutrition info but the calories come out to 50-60 each. I'm going to go post the recipe right now.

I'm doing fantastic except suddenly I'm beset with constipation. I've been down this road before and I'm not playing around with it: I just took some milk of magnesia.

ETA: Okay...I posted the Baby Omelettes under Breakfast Ideas--Phase I. A popup came up and said a mod needs to approve the message first, so maybe wait an hour and then check.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #8  

I'm starting P1 again today. I did pretty good and when P2 hit, I completely blew it. Now I'm back to P1.

Wishing everyone a super P1 day!!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

I should do that! Thanks for the suggestion. I cant stand the mini quiches in the book. I am not much of a veggie person but I loved scrambled eggs esp. with some lf cheese in them...
Old 03-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #10  
Working for the Cruise!

Though Beachgal is the resident expert on eating veggies that you don't like, I've found a couple of recipes that have opened my eyes. Sometimes preparing a vegetable a certain way can change it all around in your mind and mouth!

If you would like a list of some recipes I've collected from other websites on different ways of prepping veggies, PM me. I just don't want to advertise!

Finally, it may be helpful for you to start cooking ahead for some meals. That way, if you are in a jam, you won't eat an entire ham! Ok, ok, sorry! Done with the bad rhymes now.

You'll find many of us shopping on Saturday and cooking on Sunday for the week. It's a bit more work for that day, but it makes the rest of the week much more smooth!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #11  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Adia, thanks for that! I would love some non traditional veggie recipes. I think you are right about whether or not you like them depending on the preparation sometimes. I find most of the time I am like a 5 yr old. I just THINK I do not like something but if it is done right then I cant get enough. The only veggie i DO like it broccoli at the moment...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #12  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Another re-starter here! Although to be honest, I didn't really give it too much of an effort last fall as we had some unexpected life changes come up and my excuse was that life was just too busy to throw in a whole new way of eating, too.

But my doctor recently ran some blood tests and apparently I am prediabetic. He suggested South Beach as a means to lose weight and get my blood sugars under control. Since my DH is in the same boat as me, we're doing this together. We meant to have one last splurge last night for supper but neither of us felt like going out so my 'last meal' was a bowl of white rice - not exactly sinfully delicious.

But anyway, the first day is over with, and I'm trying to just focus on one day at a time rather than looking longterm and getting overwhelmed at the amount of work ahead of me.

Here's what I ate today - if anyone sees anything amiss, please let me know!

Breakfast:
2 fried eggs and a glass of V8
Snack: 1 PS mozzarella stick
Lunch: 2 lettuce/turkey/LF provolone cheese rollups and one med non-fat decaf latte with no-sugar vanilla syrup (from Starbucks)
Snack: 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
Supper: Chicken breast marinated with 'Light Done Right' Italian, stirfried mixed veggies, garden salad
Snack: 1 no-sugar added fudgesicle

Tonight I made the 'sausage and cheese' breakfast cups (posted in the recipe forum) for tomorrow's breakfast - this will be my first time making those so I'm hoping they're as good as they sound. Tomorrow night's supper will be taco bake which I remember enjoying from last time.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #13  
Sue

Has anyone tried the roasted green beans? They are really good. Use frozen long green beans. Put as many as you need in a bag, sprinkle some olive oil in and shake. Bake at 400 for 30 min. on a sheet pan. They look really ugly but are so good. Some will get dark and crisp. Others will be lighter. I stirred mine about half way through. I got this recipe on another site. Hats off to whoever came up with this one!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Phase I Chickies. It looks like you are well underway.

Veggies are a problem for me too especially in winter. In the summer, I graze on them all the time when I'm in the garden. Broccoli is OK in winter but I really don't enjoy it cooked. I've tried for many years to like Brussels Sprouts but finally decided I just don't like them. (It must be genetic. My Dad hated them so much he'd get angry if he even saw them on a menu!)

Stephie, I must try those roasted green beans! They sound good.

to all the new Chickies. Kmy68, it's so nice to see you back. LitChick, South Beach has put my blood sugar into normal range so it'll really help you and your DH. Great name, WakeMeForSummer!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #15  

Smile

Ruth, Thanks for thinking of me.

Ladies, we can absolutely do this. I can't wait to try the green bean recipe. I do the same thing with a little garlic salt to whatever veggies I have on hand. When I make it with califlower (cut small) my kiddies call it califlower popcorn. Who am I to argue?

I am definitely commited, but having trouble focusing, so I put my bathing suit in the fridge in a plastic bag, hanging of the top shelf. Now I have to think before I grab anything. I'll let you know how it works.

I hope everyone is having a super P1 day!!!!
Closed Thread