Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #1  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default On dieting, life and too much water!

Okay, I never drank a whole bunch of water before; when I used to diet (and I was on Atkins very sucessfully for seven years) I drank coffee and diet cola almost exclusively. Always hated the way water tastes (or doesn't taste?). But now I'm back at that place again where it's lose weight or just fahgeddaboutit all and let it all hang out for the rest of my pitiful life - and I'm just not quite prepared to do that. AND I've found that I'm not as excited about meat as I used to be. Back when I was maintaining on Atkins, I'd go to a restaurant and scarf down a whole *large* prime rib, nibble at a salad (I've never been much of a fruit and veggie person) and feel great. Now, all that meat just doesn't work for me for some reason, and I need a new plan. I'm doing high fiber, low calorie, low fat, and drinking 80 oz. or more of water every day. They say your body adjusts. WHEN? I'm still waking up becuz I have to pee two and three times during the night, and peeing all the danged day besides! I NEED my sleep! I work five days a week, have a long (1 to 2 hours, depending on traffic) commute back & forth, and I need some good, solid sleep. There are also times during the day (in meetings, etc.) when having to pee is really kind of awkward. Can anybody give me a little direction here? Like, is this NORMAL? Will it really actually go away when my body "adjusts", and if so, any idea when that might be??? Aurrrrg!!!!

Ella

Last edited by Marti; 03-07-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #2  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

When I drink regular water I pee more too, I am not sure if it ever goes away though, you can try to stop drinking a few hours before bed? --Sumi
Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

I'm not sure when a body eventually adjust to all the water intake. I believe every body adjust differently.

Maybe consume most of your water in the morning half of the day??? At least then you'll be able to sleep a little better. Getting a good nights rest if more important than excusing yourself in a middle of a meeting, you'll have a better day when you're well rested. At least in my experience.

I wish I had a better answer for ya. I do congratulate you for getting in as much as you do.....your body is loving you for it!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

I think I read that we're supposed to spread water consumption throughout the day to better benefit our bodies. But as Sumi said, you could stop a couple of hours before bedtime. As Marti said, each body is different, but in my own personal experience, the urge to go lessened considerably after about 2 weeks. So just hang in there.

One other thing - eighty ounces of water daily seems like quite a bit. Since I'm not a health care professional, don't take my word for it, but maybe you could ask your doctor what amount he/she recommends. The answer may depend on your current weight.

Btw, you can come on into the Weight Loss and Chitchat thread, if you'd like. We discuss all sorts of weight-related topics there, plus daily chitchat, too. You'd be very welcome to join us there.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

ella ~ I drink a lot of water too. I remember hearing the recommended amount to be 8-10 glasses and 10 glasses is 80oz. So But I always stop all eating AND DRINKING after 8pm. I sometimes have to get up once but usually not. I need my beauty sleep too...boy do I! haha! Congrats on starting with a plan you're comfortable with. Yes and do join the chit chat threads!

Tina
Closed Thread