Old 03-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/180

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Making it happen for me this time-I hope.

I think i just took the first step for me. I told my 13 year old boy who was driving me nuts talking about his game that i needed some time now to be on here without distractions. He is upset, and I feel guilty sort of. Not as much as i think i should though... But nonetheless, here i am. Does the 100lb club mean you have a 100lb.s to lose? Gosh, that is a big number... It's hard to admit that i'm in that group. You know? I have only empathetic feelings for all of you, but at the same time, i don't want to "get real" as Dr. Phil says. But i am. Posting my weight on here was a big step too. That was hard to even type. I know i've taken a good step. Thank you all for your encouragement. I'll keep you posted. :-)
tinastime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: .

Height: .

Hi Tina!
I think most of us have felt at some point or another that 100 pounds or more to lose seemed impossible.
That is why I think it is better to focus on small goals instead of the big picture. Don't think about losing 100 pounds, think about losing 5 or 10 instead. Focus on eating healthy and exercising. Celebrate every little achievement you make. Think about what you can do today, not tomorrow.
I also think some sort of denial is normal. I too was in denial about the last 60-70 pounds that I gained. I still saw myself as weighing 180 instead of almost 250. I never considered myself as being obese, I thought I was just chubby. And then I saw the photos of myself at Christmas time and I was like YIKES! I never wanted to see another photo of myself like that again.
That is why I am here and I know I can do it if I truly try. Small steps. Hopefully next Christmas I will be happier with the photos I see!
I am happy to see you here as well. This is a great place...good luck on your new healthier life
Goldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Welcome Tina!!! 100+ pounds are a lot to lose, but 10 are not. Take it slowly. I have a long way to go, but I've committed to losing 45 lbs by summer. Summer will be here regardless, and I would rather be 45 lbs lighter. Just take it day by day, step by step. Break it to 5 lbs increments if you have to. But you can do it. There are too many success stories around here to think that you can't!

And keep posting!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #4  

Thank you Goldana for your encouragement and honesty. See, what worries me is I have seen pictures of myself, and videos, and cringed also. Couldn't believe it, but it wasn't enough to say and MEAN i'm going to do it this time. That scares me. Everyone else seems to have that story about seeing themselves, and that was it. That was the end of that lifestyle. Why can't i seem to have that lightbulb moment? The only time i've ever felt truly committed was twice in my life when i had chest pains for about a minute-turned out to be my diaphragm spasming-and after i realized i wasn't having a heart attack, i lost the desire... But, i will do what you said. One day at a time, and small goals. I'll try. Thank you. :-)
Old 03-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #5  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Tina.....
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Tina..I'm ,well,Tina!(lol) Anyway...I just joined the group too. It's really nice here. It was hard for me to post the actual poundage too but in a way it's such a relief. I'm on other boards where I talk to people and they know I'm trying to lose weight but I don't want to tell them how much I weigh or need to lose. Here I can be honest and know that everyone here is right near the same place or have been. I love it.

Have fun and we are close in weight...we can do it together!

Also...I've found mini goals help..first goal getting into a pair of jeans that were too tight,getting to where my wedding band didn't dig into my finger,being able to get my engagement ring back on..biggest one...get to 199!! That one is the one I'm focusing the most. Mini goals are my strategy!

Last edited by penor; 03-04-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: adding more
penor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #7  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I think the best thing, is to realise, it can not be a diet. Something you go on then off of when you feel to restricted or deprived. Perhaps doing some reading on this site, on other sites about weight loss "plans", researching and reading. Most of us have found something we can do forever. I mean, alot of people do Slim-Fast, but realistically, who is going to buy those for the rest of their lives? Not I. My food bill is high enough, I'm not going to add replacements for actual food.

For me, I didn't have a "lightbulb" moment, so much as a bunch of small wake up calls. I couldn't play with my kids as much or for as long. I couldn't fit into my biggest fat clothes. I no longer enjoyed sex, not because I didn't like, but because I was so self-concious. I didn't like not knowing who I was, because my weight was holding me back from doing new things, I no longer tried new things. I no longer did things I knew I liked, like rollerskating or rollerblading because I was afraid of what would happen. So, I didn't do things I liked, I didn't give my kids memories of playing with mom, instead they got to watch tv or colour because playing outside or in the house would only last about 5 minutes before I was out of breath/uncomfortable.

If you want this, you'll do it. None of us here can give you that light bulb moment. What we can and will give you is encouragment, help, advice, and our own experiences both good and bad from our journeys. Good luck!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Tina! And congratulations on taking your first steps on your new healthier slimmer journey. Looking forward to getting to know you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Tina!!! I remember when I made my first post here. I said something like I would probably be better off in the 150 lb club, because I needed to lose more then the 150. But that was a while ago and I've whittled it down a bit. Those large numbers can be overwhelming, which is why it is important to break them down into smaller, more doable numbers.

Before I started my journey back in September I hadn't stepped on a scale for almost 15 years, 15. And when I did the only one the knew the real numbers were my Doctor and then the folks here at 3FC. I think it was important for me to face up to those big numbers. There was no fooling around. This was serious stuff. I didn't have a huge light bulb moment either. But lots and lots of little flickers. It was enough for me already. I couldn't take the inactivity and the daily worries. I was so univolved with everything. Life was really passing me by, I wasn't partcipating, I was just being, barely in fact. It was time for me to do this. It was time for me to become an active participant in the world. It was time for me to take charge of my health.

I'm glad you're here, you've taken a big step in the right direction. Looking forward to getting to know you. We're here for you, 24/7. Good luck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

HI Tina - welcome to the club here. We have some wonderful people that are very supportive ~ just hang out here and ask for help when you need it! We all had to start somewhere - and it's all down hill from that point!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Tina! This is a very supportive group here! I am just starting my 4th week of healthy living and find this board extremely helpful. Good luck on your journey!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #12  

Wow! i'm already feeling better. Like, maybe, just maybe I can do this THIS time. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I feel like i have to keep typing that so it sinks in. But i do feel more like i can, with help from all of you wonderful people here. I already feel better, so there must be something to this. I will take it one day at a time. I need to find my way around this site more, and figure out how to do the weight bars, short term and long term... That will help me too i think, just to see it on here. Have a good Tuesday Everyone!